jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
Pass the popcorn...this is getting good!

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2007
Clairemont
Name
Todd
Boat
65x20
Just because a boat doesn't have an RSW, doesn't mean the fish is automatically going to come out terrible. It all depends on your crewmembers. The 3/4 day boat that I am a part of, like 99% of all other 3/4 day boats does not have an rsw, but that doesn't mean there aren't ways to still maximize everyone's catch to the best of our ability. We staple every fish that comes onboard and then place it flat in our trough which underlies our bait tank and has a constant flow of water keeping the fish cool. All the fish are also covered so they are staying out of the beating sun. So just because a boat doesn't have a fish hold doesn't mean your fish will come out shitty. Just need a caring set of crew, thats all. Tight Lines

Upvote 0

erichinsocal

Nov 14, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Erich
Boat
1800 Parker
Just because a boat doesn't have an RSW, doesn't mean the fish is automatically going to come out terrible. It all depends on your crewmembers. The 3/4 day boat that I am a part of, like 99% of all other 3/4 day boats does not have an rsw, but that doesn't mean there aren't ways to still maximize everyone's catch to the best of our ability. We staple every fish that comes onboard and then place it flat in our trough which underlies our bait tank and has a constant flow of water keeping the fish cool. All the fish are also covered so they are staying out of the beating sun. So just because a boat doesn't have a fish hold doesn't mean your fish will come out shitty. Just need a caring set of crew, thats all. Tight Lines
:appl:

Upvote 0

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks

That's a good point. But it's seldom practiced with 40+ on most of these 3/4 boats.

Reactions: limowreck1
Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
why do you think I'm too cheap?

If I remember correctly, the captain were calling passengers cheap if they didn't get their fish filleted.

Some "ethnics" like to keep heads and tails to make soup out of them...or want to cut the fish into steaks

A friend want to keep the heads, and was told that he had to pay extra. ?

sounds like you're trying to stir shit out of nothing

***edit*** by the way, I gave all my fish away that day cause I was too "cheap" to keep 2lb yellows

move on Son.....

Slander is a word!

Regards,
Simon

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2007
Clairemont
Name
Todd
Boat
65x20
That's a good point. But it's seldom practiced with 40+ on most of these 3/4 boats.
I hear ya, if you notice the fish aren't being kept wet frequently ask a deckhand nicely and I bet they'll take care of it. On the Sea Watch we understand that you guys pay a lot of money to come out fishing with us and that taking home a quality product is very important to you, and us.

Upvote 0

Rimack

Old School
  • Jun 24, 2011
    Elk Grove
    Name
    gary
    Boat
    WORKING ON IT.
    why do you think I'm too cheap?

If I remember correctly, the captain were calling passengers cheap if they didn't get their fish filleted.

Some "ethnics" like to keep heads and tails to make soup out of them...or want to cut the fish into steaks

A friend want to keep the heads, and was told that he had to pay extra. ?

sounds like you're trying to stir shit out of nothing

***edit*** by the way, I gave all my fish away that day cause I was too "cheap" to keep 2lb yellows
    http://m.helpguide.org/articles/bipolar/bipolar-disorder-self-help

Upvote 0