Uglybones

Take a step to the left.
Jul 13, 2008
Lakeside
Name
Ian
Boat
the big one with 30 other people
yea sea lions can suck. But either way respect the ocean and the creatures that have to call it home. And no I am not a hippy.

Reactions: 26grumpy
Upvote 0

FishinMcNuggets

I've edited enough I should section this post.
  • Oct 25, 2010
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
    Nuisance sea mammals should be dealt with the same as nuisance land animals. Catch, & re-release into the wild where they best belong. Off San Onofre, Avalon Bank, the Farallons, and Guadalupe Island is where they would best suit the ecosystem.

Upvote 0

Thozguys

Professional Geek
    Jun 16, 2008
    South of Georgia and Alabama...
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Hydro-Sports 2800 Vector Walkaround
    When I was on Kona on the black sand beach, I saw a large turtle struggling to get back into the water. My wife & I went over to see if it was still alive and think about rendering assistance. That is when a ranger came over to us and said he would either fine or arrest us if we tried to help the animal. He said it was against the law to interfere with the sea turtles, and if it didn't survive it was because of nature's natural selection. This process may be cruel but it was the only way to guarantee the species survival as a long term solution. We watched for about an hour then left. To me the seal dilemma of over population should be approached in the same manner. Let nature decide who or what will survive, it may be cruel, but nature's process has worked longer than any human intervention has in any recorded past. If they were endangered as the sea turtle is, I would still have follow nature's selection process...

Reactions: mahi
    Upvote 0

MightyMach

Aug 17, 2007
    Corona
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    Phoenix 29 SFX "Given Inn," 17' Duckhungint boat, "Camo-Toe"
    I don't think I've ever met a crazy tree hugging liberal without an agenda.

I don't believe she saw anyone kicking a sick sea lion, she's trying to garner sympathy and support. Whether she sets up a "non profit," is seeking more volunteers, or directly profits from nursing these flea bags back to health, I think she's playing on people's initial gut wrenching feelings. Hell, she even got some you guys posting on this thread to feel bad. In the age of water proof cell phones and cameras, where is video of someone kicking the animal? Like someone already said, that be a felony and then the law would be involved.

Something just smells fishy about this whole thing. ..and it's not the rotting sea lions corpses.

Jeff

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Solandri A

Jan 23, 2014
    Name
    John
    Boat
    none
    Nuisance sea mammals should be dealt with the same as nuisance land animals. Catch, & re-release into the wild where they best belong. Off San Onofre, Avalon Bank, the Fsarallons, and Guadalupe Island is where they would best suit the ecosystem.
    Been done before. In the early 1990s, a few sea lions were eating most of the returning steelhead at Ballard Locks in Washington. The fisheries services tried catching them and trucking them to California (Santa Barbara if I remember). A few months later, these sea lions had swum back to Washington and were eating all the steelhead again.

Eventually they changed the law, captured the problem sea lions, and gave them a permanent home at Sea World, Florida.
    http://www.publicaffairs.noaa.gov/releases99/may99/noaa99r128.html

When I was on Kona on the black sand beach, I saw a large turtle struggling to get back into the water. My wife & I went over to see if it was still alive and think about rendering assistance. That is when a ranger came over to us and said he would either fine or arrest us if we tried to help the animal. He said it was against the law to interfere with the sea turtles, and if it didn't survive it was because of nature's natural selection. This process may be cruel but it was the only way to guarantee the species survival as a long term solution. We watched for about an hour then left. To me the seal dilemma of over population should be approached in the same manner. Let nature decide who or what will survive, it may be cruel, but nature's process has worked longer than any human intervention has in any recorded past.
    The problem is people tend not to feel responsible for indirect consequences. If someone shoots and kills a starving sea lion, that's horrible and they should be jailed for violating the Marine Mammal Protection Act. But if by "rescuing" starving sea lions they cause the population to exceed the environment's carrying capacity, thereby killing tens of thousands of sea lions, they don't feel the slightest bit responsible because the deaths were only indirectly caused by their actions.

Upvote 0

D-spot

Fishing....... Where You're Not.......
    May 21, 2008
    Diego
    Name
    Ray
    Boat
    23' Neptune CC "Non-Stop"
    Anyone got any pics of Wendy ?

Hot or Not ? ....Yawn....

Here you go...Looks pretty Hot....may just be another ploy to get people to pay attention to her maybe not. May not even be her, but this is from her FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481835803

Is it just me or does she appear to have some sort of built in PFD's on her chest.?

10426657_10203764093091095_3996038604369594896_n.jpg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

bitesomthing

Jul 13, 2003
    Southern ca
    Name
    chris
    Boat
    always upgrading
    Reactions: Gil Marlin
    Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Sep 8, 2004
    Fullerton
    Name
    SM
    Boat
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Upvote 0

Billy V

Seabass Commando
    Aug 26, 2007
    San Diego
    Name
    Billy
    Boat
    Parker 2310 DV / Kayak
    I don't know Carl -

I will be honest and say I've done worse when there was Jack Daniels involved - but I would venture a guess that a lot of these ladies are driving diesel trucks.

-- The old ones with the manual injection pumps...

ry%3D480

Upvote 0

bitesomthing

Jul 13, 2003
    Southern ca
    Name
    chris
    Boat
    always upgrading
    I think that without all that makeup, most would pass.

this is bloody decks. almost non would pass that up. Even without make up.I dont think she has too much make up on anyway. i guessing the majority here would tap her fur bag...

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
    Sep 20, 2005
    My Backyard
    Name
    Boat
    toy
    someone should post that Scope picture, with the sea lion in its sights pic, on her page. LOL

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    I don't know Carl -

I will be honest and say I've done worse when there was Jack Daniels involved - but I would venture a guess that a lot of these ladies are driving diesel trucks.

-- The old ones with the manual injection pumps...

ry%3D480
    I'd fold that hand............

Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Sep 8, 2004
    Fullerton
    Name
    SM
    Boat
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Reactions: bitesomthing