spike

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 6, 2006
San Clemente CA
Name
Spike Ivins
Boat
any chance I get
Nice Spike.............But looks more like the makings of a BD PeeWee Football team!!

Good job by the Groms!

One thing we should have done was had the kids wear the clothes & hats from the "sponsors", would have made for a great photo. And like I said before, fishing inshore, we could have tried a release contest, it's hard to tell a kid we need to let his 6lb bass go while trying for JP, and their were just so many toads, and they got bigger as time went on. But the kids had fun, that's all that matters. Alot of bass were taking line and shaking their heads like yellows, quite a tussel. Cory, (Tim Rubberhook's son) caught atleast 8 slug's on the surface jig. Normally I try to take alot of photos, but it was straight hook and hand on toad bass for about three hours, they were chewing!
We did have a good jag of YT's on the sonar, but they did not stick with the boat. There were massive amounts of sardine and mack schools up breezing, and countless seals.

Last edited:

Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat
None
No doubt the trip was a huge success. When Tyler made the 15 minutes left call those kid's kicked it into overdrive. You're right Spike, should have slapped some sponsor hats on those fish killers for the group shot.

I was exhausted and I did not catch one fish all day. Between the two bait rods I was constantly casting and rebaiting to maximize Cory's time in the water and hucking the mint 7X all afternoon so Cory could slow wind it through the stringers and slam the bull bass, I felt a little beat up but this is what we fathers do for our son's. Memories that will last a lifetime. Appreciation and gratitude...

For that reason I know that when I get old and lose complete control of my bowels and soil myself repeatedly, that my son will be there for me in my time of need...

Johnnyfish

Glitch Modulator
Jun 2, 2003
Redondo Beach, California
Name
John
Boat
Pacific Star
I'd like to give a big thanks to Simon for putting this together, to Tyler and the crew, to all the sponsor for donating the swag, and to Spike for a kick ass job helping the kids.

Here's a few pic:

The boys

Jeremy and London

My son Max and his first goat.

My son Mason with a nice perch

Saluki fighting a "Black Sea Bass" (200lb bat ray)

Mason took 2nd place with this nice toad

The next generation

The bait tank provided hours of entertainment

Who knew Sardines could be so much fun?

Good times in the galley

Last edited:

spike

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 6, 2006
San Clemente CA
Name
Spike Ivins
Boat
any chance I get
Awesome Johnny, great fishing with you again and cool photos. The pictures don't do the Bass justice, they were pigs.

catchoftheday

May 7, 2007
San Clemente , CA
Name
JEREMY
Boat
sold it
Man this was a great trip my kid still has not stop talking about it . I just want to thank every person on sea horse as allways a great crew and tyler for puting are kids on some fish and spike for being such a great help with all the kids all in all this will be a trip to never for get . My kid is all ready talking about tuna fishing oh boy what did i start now . Here are some pic's I cant wait for my son and I to get to fish with you all again . As you can tell in the last pic my son was beat I tryed to wake him up to take a picture with the other kids with his catch but he was not having it at all .

Attachments

dicky moo

Yellowkiller
Jun 12, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Name
Spiro Bahos
Boat
none
I don"t know about the other kids but my son can't stop talking about how much fun he had. I hope we can get another trip together later this year.

simeon

Coconutz
Feb 8, 2010
lake elsinore ca
Name
simeon
Boat
no boat
I don"t know about the other kids but my son can't stop talking about how much fun he had. I hope we can get another trip together later this year.

Its all my son is talking about. It was great to fish with a kick ass group. Thanks to everyone, my sons is ready for the next one.