Not open for further replies.

codfather

Jun 14, 2006
Encinitas
Name
Mike
Boat
20' Wellcraft Fisherman
I will keep this short and brief…………..Don't Fish This Boat!!!

Here are a couple of items to consider
1) The captain (not Taft) jammed the bow of the boat into the middle of every patty we found. Every patty stop had no more than 1-2 fish.
2) Breakfast I asked for a breakfast sandwich with cheese and bacon. I got a hamburger bun with cheese and bacon. No egg!!! What????
3) I was one of the only people that didn't want my 2 skinny dorados cleaned. They lost my fish!!!!
4) The deck hand cranked all the drags down on all the troll rods and we lost 3/4 of our troll hook-up because they ripped out of the tiny YFT mouths.
5) Bait was horrible and we ran out before the trip was over.

I don't mind getting skunked but I will never fish with these idiots again! Avoid this boat!!!

Last edited:

Shark Meat

Diehard/Determined CAPT
Apr 5, 2006
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
Wow!

Reactions: codfather

robert0769

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 29, 2007
vista, ca
Name
Robert
Boat
20' Grady White, name Dryfish
Doesn't sound fun. Bait isn't captain's fault though. It's been dying early for a few weeks on most boats. Probably the super warm water. Don't be mad about the egg. Takes some work gettin' those gulls to lay 'em!

Baller

Jig Chucker
Nov 16, 2010
La Mesa
Name
Bill
Boat
American Angler
This should be entertaining.....:gaygroup:

codfather

Jun 14, 2006
Encinitas
Name
Mike
Boat
20' Wellcraft Fisherman
Thats funnier than hell Gerry! I actually was worried about that for the first time ever! I'm starting to itch now………..damn you! LOL

Last edited:

mafrancis66

Apr 19, 2010
Oceanside, CA, USA
Name
Mark Franics
Boat
Sold it!
I fished the SAII 2 years ago and Chuck was the Captain. That was the first and last time. Sounds like nothing has really changed.... just a matter of time before the Legend is a POS just like the SAII.

Joe Awsomsauce

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 16, 2014
Name
john
Boat
none
Gavin ran the boat when I went out in july. Food crew and bait were great.weather sucked.still got fish.
Sorry wrong boat I was on SA 80

Reactions: louisde

18parker

Jun 22, 2008
fallbrook
Name
jeff
Boat
Cabo 226
I also gave a horrible report on that boat!!! I can't believe anybody goes on that shithole!!

mike29

Mar 17, 2010
Corona ca
Name
michael
Boat
19'sea swirl
Mike I was on that trip with you I can't believe they lost your dorados. I have to agree with you 100% there deck hands had absolutely no clue on what Cumming means.

clintonstick

Mar 18, 2014
Name
mike
Boat
g3

1) The captain (not Taft) jammed the bow of the boat into the middle of every patty we found. Every patty stop had no more than 1-2 fish.
2) Breakfast I asked for a breakfast sandwich with cheese and bacon. I got a hamburger bun with cheese and bacon. No egg!!! What????
3) I was one of the only people that didn't want my 2 skinny dorados cleaned. They lost my fish!!!!
4) The deck hand cranked all the drags down on all the troll rods and we lost 3/4 of our troll hook-up because they ripped out of the tiny YFT mouths.

I don't mind getting skunked but I will never fish with these idiots again! Avoid this boat!!!
i was on a boat once and the cook was making bacon cheeseburgers and a guy asked for a blt,the cook already had tomato and lettuce cut up and bacon cooked.He would not give the guy a BLT.He went off an some rant about if one guy gets a fucking BLt then the whole fucking boat would want a BLT.It was food paid per day not ala cart,lol .I know that trip was not bad like yours,i have just seen a few cooks and you wonder wtf.

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
i was on a boat once and the cook was making bacon cheeseburgers and a guy asked for a blt,the cook already had tomato and lettuce cut up and bacon cooked.He would not give the guy a BLT.He went off an some rant about if one guy gets a fucking BLt then the whole fucking boat would want a BLT.It was food paid per day not ala cart,lol .I know that trip was not bad like yours,i have just seen a few cooks and you wonder wtf.
Almost every boat cook I have met was a little off in some way or another. Years ago there was one on the admiral out of morro bay named cookie that was the best. The first person who bugged him about when breakfast was in the morning was guaranteed to be the last one served.

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport

At least the line on the trolling rod's didn't break. You should of asked for egg's with your breakfast burger. Maybe your 2 skinny do do's got stuck in the fish hold, behind the refrigeration plate's. the bait this year has been either good or bad, Maybe the bait was loaded onto the boat without taking care of it, Like they do their customers. Some so called operators/captains, believe you need to park on top of the paddy (they think the fish are under the paddy). Should I say anymore, His boats have a "Good Reputation" of not having repeat customers. It's all about $$$ for the operation and not customer satisfaction. I hope you learned what boat's not to fish on in the future. Sorry for you'r bad trip.

Last edited:

manh3

Jun 20, 2011
san diego
Name
manh
Boat
nada
I actually love fishing on the sea adventure II, it allows me to build up my fishing karma. You don't know what's good till you have it repeatedly bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.