SD Sportfish "SWEET TERESA" report 4/20-21/11

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by SDSportfish, Apr 21, 2011.

1. SDSportfish

SDSportfish Newbie

Name:
    Rod
    Boat:
    Sweet Teresa
    We had a couple days of slow fishing, not sure if its the moon phase or not, but its been really scratch fishing fishing the last 5 days. Its the wind that wears a guy out. The bait is a better grade, 4"-6" dines and well cured, some macks. The wind has been on it by 12 and blowing till sunset, makes for quick drifts and borderline cold days on the water. The morning incoming has been the best fishing odf the day with the afternoon out then back up being the slow part. a couple swing and miss nicely raked baits, but nothing worth a picture has been sticking. The fish have just been really "lazy" picking up the baits. Im thinking its the lows that have come through and the combo of the wind and moon phase are to blame. Any input on your experiences are welcome. We have been hitting it hard from sun-up to sun-down. Our counts for 2 days were 20 shorts with 2 keepers to 25". !6 bass all released and a suprise Angel Shark that fought like a monster butt. Headed back out tomorrow and fingers crossed. for the bite to rebound. Good luck and safe travels to all headed south for the yellows.

Attached Files:

• 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      15.3 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      18.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Cheney

Cheney SkateAndDestroy

Name:
    Cheney
    Boat:
    none
    crazy looking, I've never seen one of those I don't think

3. baloot-boy

baloot-boy Newbie

Name:
    Anthony
    Boat:
    Wellcraft 202 Fisherman
    Nice.....Never seen an angel shark. Is it edible to ones liking?

4. Phat Boat

Phat Boat I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Jon
    Boat:
    Grady White Marlin 300
    Those angle sharks fight like a butt and often the first time you see them in the water they look like a butt, until you see that mouth. You guys have been on fire and were due for a little dues payment! The weather looks way better next week and I am sure you will be right back on them.

5. DaGoose

DaGoose Go pound sand

Name:
    Rick Ferguson
    Boat:
    old
    Capt Rod,

You've been on a serious roll! Just when you think you have the flatties figured out, they throw you a knuckleball eh? Then you start second guessing yourself thinking "are they down there and not biting, or did they move?". One of the nice things about bounceballing is the agitation factor. Maybe you can piss one of the big gals off enough to coax a strike. Then again, I couldn't find one if it was strapped to my backside lately LOL

Keep pounding sand........it will happen!

Thanks for the reports, keep em coming.

Tight Lines,

Rick

6. Rob Sanford

Rob Sanford Pelon Pescador

Name:
    Rob
    Boat:
    Work-in-progress semi-custom-junk-money-pit family 34 foot Sportfisher: "Sanford & Son"
    Call Ed....he knows how to catch'em
    :Kick_emoticon:

7. Tunaslam

Tunaslam I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Cory Visser
    Boat:
    N/A
    Very windy the next couple of days, time to catch up on family business. Good effort and Happy Easter!

8. millerlowlife

millerlowlife Captain Tony

Longitude: 117° 41' 53" West Latitude: 33° 28' 1"
    Name:
    Captain Tony
    Boat:
    Grady White
    This confused weather confuses the fish, we spent 12 hours on the water yesterday in Dana Point targeting halibut, scratched 1 butt and 1 bass. Tried a new technique, I want to try up there.