DESTROYER
Aug 7, 2004
La Mesa
www.ballastpoint.com
Name
"DESTROYER"
Boat
22' Sea Fox Viper "Even Keel"
Got out Saturday night with my buddy Nate so see if I could get a few more lobsters for my Mom's birthday. Tides looked good, bait looked good, weather looked good (Front Moving In) but the lobsters must of slept all night. We set a total of 10 strings with a approx. soak time of 30 minutes. We got 1 legal to show for our efforts and zero shorts which was a first for me. Tried a new area for a serious workout because every net had 10 lbs. of kelp on it. Back to the drawing board.

Just want to say thank you to the people who have sent me PM's. Hopefully we will figure this out sooner or later. Definitely keeping notes. Tight Lines and Safe Travels.

Matt

Reactions: duckbutter6a
Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
I sure hope the new spot you tried is not on the right as you exit the harbor, please do not be there.:imdumb:

The only thing I'd have done different Matt is move the other 9 where you got the one legal, there's always more than one I've found.

Upvote 0

duckbutter6a

Florida man living in SoCal
Nov 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Hank
Boat
Dusky 17
Carpet bombing the area where I've gotten a legal has worked for me a few times.

When you say the area on the right is that the MLPA your joking about? if so I get the joke lol if not I'm confused :confused::rofl:

Upvote 0

Matt Moyer

DESTROYER
Aug 7, 2004
La Mesa
www.ballastpoint.com
Name
"DESTROYER"
Boat
22' Sea Fox Viper "Even Keel"
I was in San Diego Bay Hooping 15-40 feet. John, I'm very familiar with the MPA areas. I have them all marked since I fish many bass tournaments. We tried the carpet bomb method and it did not work. I may start going shallow to see if that increase my catch.

Reactions: HelloBendo
Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
I was in San Diego Bay Hooping 15-40 feet. John, I'm very familiar with the MPA areas. I have them all marked since I fish many bass tournaments. We tried the carpet bomb method and it did not work. I may start going shallow to see if that increase my catch.

Remember discussing this the other day?
I think the line for the commercial guys is the tip of Point Loma to the tip of Zuniga Jetty.
On the right inside of that.

Upvote 0

duckbutter6a

Nov 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Hank
Boat
Dusky 17
Yeah the closer you get to the commercial guys the amount of shorts you catch is insane. I've gone 20+ shorts for 0 legals out there.

Upvote 0

nate

Oct 9, 2003
San Diego
Name
Nate
Boat
gone
Frustrating night to say the least. But I still had a great time amigo. Thanks-I'm ready to do it again! I'll let you adjust the VHF antenna this time though.

Upvote 0

duckbutter6a

Nov 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Hank
Boat
Dusky 17
500px-Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Upvote 0