Offshore SD Fleet to target Bluefin 2/16/21

PENN

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    For those who haven't heard yet and can get out this Friday 26 spots open on the old Glory.... Wish I could go.

San Diego fleet to target tuna
    By
    Mike Stevens
    -
    February 16, 2021

BY MERIT MCCREA
    SAN DIEGO/OCEANSIDE — The past week brought word from returning long range trips of bluefin close at hand. In addition, other reports indicated the bluefin are in range already. As a consequence, offshore exploratory trips went up on the books in San Diego-area sportfishing landings.
    Rick Scott of the Ocean Odyssey indicated as much in his interview with Rod and Reel Radio Sunday evening. He said there was a good chance weekend 1.5-day trips would convert from Mexican coast cods and yellows to tuna, so come prepared for anything.
    Recently live bait had been on the smaller side, so bringing a Flat-Fall stick and iron was a good idea. As for this past weekend, the weather put the kibosh on those weekend trips down the line.
    While the local winter bass bite had started as strong as it’s been in the past month, the final days of the reporting period showed much weaker results.
    Advertisement

At H&M Landing the Old Glory is slated for a 7 p.m departure Friday evening fishing off shore on a 1.5-day exploratory trip. The Relentless was on line for the 1.5-day coastal fishery.

Upvote 0

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    I think trip got canceled because of the wind here it going to be 20knot.....:hali_parkutuli: Dam wanted to see that trip smash them.

Reactions: Hippie
    Upvote 0

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    Did either boat land any bft ??

When is the next exploratory trip??
    The wind killed the trips for last week ,
    Ocean Odyssey is going out Friday 2/26 on 1.75 trip looking for the BF that is sold out I don't see any other trip yet...

Reactions: Allen Rice
    Upvote 0

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    If the weather stays nice I bet a bunch of boats will be out exploring to find them!!!! I'll be out on the PQ this weekend and am curious as to what we'll be targeting and where....
    Looking forward to hear how you guys do let us know....

Reactions: woodfish330
    Upvote 0

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    Old Glory has a 1.5 trip for this Friday 2/26 Exploratory of the BF 29 spot open FYI...

1614125362006.png

Upvote 0

chilidip

• Jul 26, 2006
    North OC
    Name
    David
    Boat
    17' Logic CC
    Relentless has a 2 day going out the same day probably doing the same thing as the Old Glory. Hopefully they scout Cortes & tanner and give us the scoop.

Upvote 0

irob2

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Sep 26, 2010
    S.D
    Name
    robert
    Boat
    REEL ADDICTION/STRICTLY BUSINESS
    Secret reports say they may already be at the TANNER AND CORTEZ BANKS....for those who can make that run. Of course....all "exploratory" for sure. Don t expect a great deal of radio chatter.
    Too cold to the west but they are 100 miles south in 62 degree water

Upvote 0

irob2

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Sep 26, 2010
    S.D
    Name
    robert
    Boat
    REEL ADDICTION/STRICTLY BUSINESS
    Those ain't fish everything from cedros to just below Ensenada was all 100+ massive schools on our way back up

Upvote 0