hbouldin1216

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 10, 2012
Lodi, CA
Name
Henry Bouldin
Boat
14 Gregor - Tinacious
Hey guys, hoping to pick your brains on a charter operation for 8-12 guys sometime this fall. I want to do an overnight or 1.5 day trip for my bachelor party and understand the dates will likely be dictated by the boat. I'd love to pull on a tuna if they're still around but anything will suffice really. I've been fishing freshwater for the last year so anything that pulls back will be a great change of speed. I'm sober now and didn't want a bachelor party at all, but my buddies are insisting on doing something for me. They'll probably drink a bit but it won't be a shitshow by any means, and this allows me to do something I love without it being all about the booze. The guys I plan to invite are all fishermen of varying degree (so im not worried about seasickness) but the ideal boat would have gear for these guys and a patient deckhand or two. I tie all of their knots when they're on my boat so it would be nice to not have to do that on this trip. I appreciate any info on operations that fit that description!

Upvote 0

I hate seals

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 24, 2004
SD
Name
Bryan Z
Boat
36' Hatteras
Voyager out of Seaforth. Ted is a great captain.

Reactions: hbouldin1216
J
JWinners24
How are the bunks setup for the Voyager? Is the bottom bunk on the floor like the Pacifica? It is stacked two high?
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Reel 007

Jun 12, 2006
Glendora Ca
Name
Leon
Boat
28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
Congrats on the sobriety Henry, please keep in mind "birds of a feather flock together"
May I recommend you take at lease one person with you that have long term sobriety.
Long term= 3 to 5 years+.

Upvote 0

hbouldin1216

May 10, 2012
Lodi, CA
Name
Henry Bouldin
Boat
14 Gregor - Tinacious
Thanks for the recommendations thus far, I'll look into them deeper today. I'm lucky to have a super supportive group of people, and it's much easier for me to be sober around people acting "normally" than for those same people to not drink "out of respect" for my sobriety. Seems counterintuitive but that's the way I feel. Not worried about resetting the clock on this trip at all.

Reactions: kuyamonster
Upvote 0

kuyamonster

I only wishes to catch some fishes...
May 14, 2009
San Diego/Tacoma USA
Name
Marcel
Boat
Limited load cattle car
Good for you and congrats in advance, Henry. I remember you hooked me up with the Lowrance transducer that completed a fishfinder that I donated to a charity here in the PNW. I'm going to suggest you check out my buddy, Ping's boat. I've fished her with my annual charity charters and SD groups many times. He owns the Alicia out of HM and his deckhands, Tyler and Casey are great with private groups and newbies. One of the few 46 foot boats that has bunks. 10 total, 4 are double wide. Galley kind of small but a great bow and seating area up front. Tell him Marcel recommended the boat. Here's his number: #858.386.2191...

Marcel

P.S.- If Ping's booked on your desired date, hit up my "plan B" boat. The Pride with Jason Zenor out of Seaforth. Also a great limited load platform that gets you on fish. Here's his #: 760.583.0025

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Are you looking for a stone cold fishing boat with limited amenities and basic food or are you looking at something with more amenities, Great food, Sleeping quarters, Lots of room and willing to spend a few more $$ on the charter price??

Reactions: hbouldin1216
    Upvote 0

Mike in Murrieta

Looking for a female boat owner into fat men
  • Apr 16, 2018
    Murrieta
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Nope
    First I gotta ask, is it a bachelor or bachelorette party? What kinda fisherman can't tie their own knot that you have to tie for them?
    With that said, the Voyager is a good little boat for 8-12.
    Congrats on sobriety and the upcoming marriage
    Tight lines

hbouldin1216
    hbouldin1216
    my knot tying tutorials must fall on deaf ears. They're usually using my gear and I get tired of losing the shit they "tie" on.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0