GOFAST88

WORKHARD-FISHHARD
Sep 8, 2012
Murrieta
Name
Tyler
Boat
14' Livingston
Excellent day on the water yesterday! Chovies + 6lb = Wide open. Lost track on how many bass we caught.... Ive seen some crazy shit in my day but this I will never forget! We were fishing in about 10' and I hook a SSB about 8 to 10" (1lb) as I real it up about 3' under the boat I see a large brown blanket come up below the bass and it quickly turns and opens its bucket mouth and inhales the bass!! Halibut had to be 36"+. I couldn't believe what I just witnessed haha. So I continue to fight this thing on 6lb! for about 10 min. The only thing I had going for me was that we were in shallow water. As I get it to color again the butt spits the bass and it was over. bummer

IMG_0232.JPG

Upvote 0

fshholc

Jul 18, 2005
Carlsbad, Ca
Name
Jay
Boat
sold
Yep had that happen a few times in the back bay. Never actually landed the Halibut but it was fun for a few minutes.

Upvote 0

Johnlgarrison

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 27, 2009
Temecula CA USA!
www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
Name
Johnny Garrison
Boat
Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
Hey it is against the law to use spotted bay bass for bait, you know better than that!!!!
Just giving my Son a hard time.

By the way guys this was Tyler's last fishing trip as a single man, he's getting married next Saturday to a really terrific lady. Ashley is the greatest catch of his life.

Reactions: robaire and lougio
Upvote 0

steelhead88

Marriage is not a word; it is a sentence!
Aug 18, 2008
Ventura
Name
Scott
Boat
GRAYLIGHT- Custom 23' Aluminum Pilothouse
What a thrill, cool story.

Gotta love what suprises the Pacific throws our way every now and then.

Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Great report, Tyler! I had a similar thing happen fishing kelp south of SanO years ago, and as I'm reeling in a average size calico, a BSB came from deep in one big sweep, inhales this bass and cuts me off in an instant. Priceless moments!

Upvote 0