Kingfisher

Kingfisher
Oct 11, 2004
SD
Name
scott
Boat
Pursuit 3800
Fished with my daughter today anchored outside the whistlle buoy along the submerged jetty. Caught and released many fish including the below. What is it?
image.jpeg

Upvote 0

bazzturd

I fish in the ocean, not the internet
Aug 7, 2008
Westminster, CA
Name
Brian
Boat
2005 Grady White Seafarer 228 (no name yet)
In the future, don't touch it and release it in the water with pliers. They are sensitive and holding them usually results in death.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
So you would agree the photos on 976 on the Freelance posing with thumbs in the gills of juvenile white sea bass is bad??? Cause I was like WTF! Those things die easily.

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
So you would agree the photos on 976 on the Freelance posing with thumbs in the gills of juvenile white sea bass is bad??? Cause I was like WTF! Those things die easily.
Yeah, it's not that they are being particularly rough with them it's that people don't know how sensitive they are to disease. A human hand that takes off the slime coat and deposits bacteria can kill a sea bass in no time. I've heard that hatchery fish have been found dead with a red hand print on their side from handling.

Reactions: Blackfish
Upvote 0

bazzturd

Aug 7, 2008
Westminster, CA
Name
Brian
Boat
Yeah, it's not that they are being particularly rough with them it's that people don't know how sensitive they are to disease. A human hand that takes off the slime coat and deposits bacteria can kill a sea bass in no time. I've heard that hatchery fish have been found dead with a red hand print on their side from handling.
I don't need the education, some others do though.

WSB murder 2.jpg WSB murder.jpg

Reactions: tanner.s
Upvote 0

bazzturd

Aug 7, 2008
Westminster, CA
Name
Brian
Boat
Terribly sorry for the thread high-jack banter. Stoked for you taking the kid out fishing. Can't wait to get mine out and hope they love it as much as I do.

Upvote 0

yellowfish26

Totally Nude 24/7
Aug 21, 2008
Chula Vista/Ca/USA
Name
Jeff
Boat
26ft Seaswirl. The Big Chorizo
Terribly sorry for the thread high-jack banter. Stoked for you taking the kid out fishing. Can't wait to get mine out and hope they love it as much as I do.
Might be a slight jack but it is an important lesson for those who don't know yet, including his daughter and yours. Don't freaking handle juvenile Seabass. Pretty much a guaranteed kill. It's just as important to teach them the right way to do things as it is to get them out in the first place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

akunui

Almost A Member
Jan 15, 2007
oahu
Name
jason
Boat
28 Henriques "KEALOHA"
sea trout. At least thats what we called them in the 1980's.and yes juvenile white sea bass. Thats why white seabass were overfished so much. If it wasn't for conservation starting in the early 90's and education, we would still be eating sea trout.

Reactions: KID CREOLE
Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Good times with the kid is what it is!

Upvote 0

ratboy

I Should Upgrade My Account
Nov 18, 2006
sc
Name
jason
Boat
katie sea
So my question is how do you measure a fish that looks legal but is questionable? WSB is one of the best eating fish around, hate to release a 30inch fish if thats all I got for the day!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.