PENN

bman440440

I am the one who knocks!!!
Sep 8, 2010
San Diego 92117
Name
B-MAN
Boat
Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Sip N' Slide (33' 2 deck w/slide) Ships & Giggles (32' double deck pontoon)
short story- 3 legal bugs, 12-15 shorts and 25+ that I would call big crawdads!
long story- hit the water at 3:45 PM later that we wanted(12 PM to do some fishing 1st) and head over to the barge to get bait and slowly motor over to out spot wile the bait dies in the bucket... get to the area and start packing tubes (man I hate this job!) and get the light sticks on the floats and everything ready for first set of 5 nets... get them set and sit.... tried gooch juice for the 1st time ever... packed the tubes 1/2 way stuck and tampon in that was soaked in it then packed the rest of the way... I don't know what I think of this stuff as of yet but I have never had so many itcy bitsy bugs in the nets before... so I will keep using it for a few more trips before I reserve judgement on it.
1st pull of set produced a couple of shorts... second pull 1 legal and more shorts... 3rd all shorts... 4th 1 legal and more shorts.. 5th 1 legal and even more shorts.
we where in water form 10-25 feet most of the night. only 1 other boat out for lobster that we could see and that was the Alicia.
it was not as cold as I expected it going to be... when we got back in the truck the air temp was 61 and it felt like it and was a nice night not having to do this in mid 50 degree air.
and after the new floscan install I have now confirmed my fuel burn #'s!! at low cruse of 23-25 MPH 4.6 MPG and normal cruse of 32-35 MPH 5.0 MPG and at WOT (54 ish MPH) 3.25 MPG... gotta love that!!!!

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
tried gooch juice for the 1st time ever... packed the tubes 1/2 way stuck and tampon in that was soaked in it then packed the rest of the way... I don't know what I think of this stuff as of yet but I have never had so many itcy bitsy bugs in the nets before... so I will keep using it for a few more trips before I reserve judgement on it.

I sure hope you had rubber gloves on.
Some smells you just do not get off of you quickly depending on the oils in them.
Lots of fish oils out there, and they can be used with different kinds of meat.
Great job on the legals!
And I agree, those extra degrees making a night trip more enjoyable are sweet.

Reactions: bman440440
Upvote 0

Matt Moyer

DESTROYER
Aug 7, 2004
La Mesa
www.ballastpoint.com
Name
"DESTROYER"
Boat
22' Sea Fox Viper "Even Keel"
Thank you for the report. Been dying to get out. I caught that nasty cold so I've been landlocked. We've used the Gooch...Seems to add oil. We spray it on the bait before we chop it up. Figured it can't hurt.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Man....Those are some impressive burn rates! . Oh nice report!

Upvote 0

bman440440

Sep 8, 2010
San Diego 92117
Name
B-MAN
Boat
Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Sip N' Slide (33' 2 deck w/slide) Ships & Giggles (32' double deck pontoon)
:cheers:
Man....Those are some impressive burn rates! . Oh nice report!

yes they are if I do say so myself ;)
it took a fair amount of work dialing in the prop I needed and getting the new rebuilt engine tuned perfectly... the funny thing is now I have way more range than I will ever use (160 miles total leaving a 20% reserve) in this boat due to its size... the whole night buggin' I used 4.1 gallons of fuel... I have had it as far as the 181 on a nice day but those are few and far between

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
:cheers:

yes they are if I do say so myself ;)
it took a fair amount of work dialing in the prop I needed and getting the new rebuilt engine tuned perfectly... the funny thing is now I have way more range than I will ever use (160 miles total leaving a 20% reserve) in this boat due to its size... the whole night buggin' I used 4.1 gallons of fuel... I have had it as far as the 181 on a nice day but those are few and far between

Haha. I average about 14 gallons for a night and I'm happy. I'm betting my boat maybe heavier than your though.

Upvote 0

bman440440

Sep 8, 2010
San Diego 92117
Name
B-MAN
Boat
Haha. I average about 14 gallons for a night and I'm happy. I'm betting my boat maybe heavier than your though.

hehehehe... yea I'm sure your skippy is MUCH heavier than mine... it's funny how the little things make us happy!! :D

Upvote 0