Captain 100 Ton MNC
Aug 28, 2007
San Diego
www.sauerfishcharters.com
Name
Eric Sauerwein
Boat
42' Uniflite "SauerFish" 6 Pack
I recently added a 4 stroke motor to my 94 Proline. The 4 stroke is about 100lbs more than the stock 2 stroke. I contacted Proline before buying and they said the transom could support the extra weight.

But now she sits a little lower in the water and water is constantly coming in through the scuppers cause there under water now. If I raise the scuppers will it still drain? Do they make one way scuppers? Any other fixes? Remove scuppers?

SauerFish Charters

Captain 100 Ton MNC
Aug 28, 2007
San Diego
Name
Eric Sauerwein
Boat
scuppers are supposed to be 1 way.

try the Flo max scuppers

http://tinyurl.com/3knphsu
Ok makes sense... I'm using wrong terminology.... They are not scuppers, they are just free flowing drains... But when the boats not moving they are under the water line and take on water. I think one solution is to plug them when I'm not underway.

cksea

<*}}}<
Apr 16, 2005
SD
Name
CKSEA
Boat
PORTA
You should just put a scupper over the holes. They make them in a bunch of sizes and shapes. If you plug them do you have another way for water to drain off the deck?

SauerFish Charters

Captain 100 Ton MNC
Aug 28, 2007
San Diego
Name
Eric Sauerwein
Boat
You should just put a scupper over the holes. They make them in a bunch of sizes and shapes. If you plug them do you have another way for water to drain off the deck?
Yeah that's the only way it drains... So those flo max scuppers attach how??

cksea

<*}}}<
Apr 16, 2005
SD
Name
CKSEA
Boat
PORTA
The base screws into the hull, the part that traps the ball gets rotated 90* to lock on.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
One mine there are rubber flaps on the outside.. so the pressure of the water hold them tight.

skipopotamous

Mar 18, 2006
Anaslime
Name
darren beeson
Boat
24 pilothouse skippy
On mine there are ping pong balls on the inside.. so the pressure of the water hold them tight.

805gregg

May 7, 2009
Ojai, Ca
Name
Gregg
Boat
1991 Skipjak 262 "Mischief"
On both my boats they are above the waterline, like they are supposed to be.

stanky1

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 11, 2009
Carlsbad
Name
Squid Mark
Boat
Scout 175 Sportfish
I bought a Scout 175 Sportfish with a YAM 90 4-stroke on it. I had done a lot of reading online about this boat and others like it. There were a lot of comments about water coming thru the scuppers. It has a scupper valves of some sort. Water does come onto the deck, especially with everyone near the back of the boat, but it really isn't a big deal at all. I just use a plug when stopped and pull the plugs when I get underway IF there is some water on the deck. It is a totally overblown problem in my opinion.

skipopotamous

Mar 18, 2006
Anaslime
Name
darren beeson
Boat
24 pilothouse skippy
There were a lot of comments about water coming thru the scuppers. It has a scupper valves of some sort. Water does come onto the deck, especially with everyone near the back of the boat, but it really isn't a big deal at all.

Get FlowMax scuppers and your problem will be solved.

kokanee

Nov 5, 2003
Long Beach
Name
Joe
Boat
Sold it
The in-line scupper is interesting. My scuppers are below the waterline too. I've made some covers that screw on and seal them for BBQing in a slip but they aren't a perfect seal and you wouldn't want to forget to remove them. Having the scuppers below the waterline is probably my least favorite thing about my boat. If you take a lot of water on deck they become critical. I wouldn't want to further restrict the flow.

Crash

Feb 27, 2004
Mountain View CA
Visit site
Name
Robert Young
Boat
20' Skippy
Thinking of trying these, in line scuppers. They might solve my problem. Anyone ever use them?

http://www.thmarine.com/product.cfm?PRID=199

you are going to have issues with junk.. pieces of bait, line, leaves getting stuck in the flap.. the ping balls are best but still leave a bit to be desired... i have the ping pong balls, I hate water on my deck so i use plugs when drifting and pull them to wash down the bloody deck while under way