Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Always call first. Then, you can follow up with an email for record stating “per my phone conversation with “Joe,” on 00/00/2021, I’m following up with an email..”

None of the landings are in the business of screwing people over.
    AMEN...ALL THE LANDINGS HAVE THE SAME PROCEDURE IF YOU CALL THEM FIRST

Upvote 0

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    I do not think any OP like this will assist the poster with answers he wants to hear, but the conversation is needed. What not to do for the rest of us. When shit happens, do some research before you get online.

Blackfish
    Blackfish
    And use that old outdated communication tool, called.......the phone CALL
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    Something like this happened to me in the past. I called (obviously) they told me that if they were able to fill my spot(they did) I would get my $ back - the CC processing fee. Class act in my experiences.

Also have had the freeway not play nice (coming from Riverside) called the landing and luckily there were a few people on the trip having the same issue they told me to just be patient and that the boat wouldn't leave without us.

Upvote 0

dctalk523

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 28, 2007
    OC
    Name
    ChoeMan
    Boat
    Never
    Should have picked up that thing called a phone and called and confirm with a live person. Expensive lesson but it is what it is.

Reactions: Soda Pop
    Upvote 0

MikeC.

Jun 22, 2019
    Torrance, Ca
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    none
    Wow, what a shock today...

I had booked a trip on the Liberty through Fisherman's Landing for my daughter and me. Four days before the trip I tore up my knee.
    I went to the website to get their number but saw a "contact us" form on the website. So to have a record, I used it. I explained my situation and asked to have a credit issued so I could rebook at a later date.
    That was three weeks ago. Today I was in the store and decided to double-check as I'd received no response from them.
    They told me I lost my money for being a no-show. I told them I did indeed notify them and they said, no, you have to call to cancel.
    Does it say that on the website? No, it does not.
    So I ended up getting $200 of my $400 back. I'll never shop there again. I'll never book a trip with them again.
    Fishermen beware! These guys will fuuk you if they get a chance. That's my experience.
    this one is your fault and should be happy you got any refund. you should have called, got a name, and if you didnt trust them, add email to feel good about it

Upvote 0

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    I'm not defending the OP here but have any of you lugged all your gear down to the landing just to find out your trip was cancelled ? It's happened to me twice.No phone call,nothing.Oh sorry we forgot to contact those that had a reservation.

Bill W
    Bill W
    Most time they call if you leave a callback.
    Upvote 0
    plj46
    plj46
    They always have your number when you make a reservation.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

miaf

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 14, 2013
    Name
    Boat
    I wonder how many of these "medical" excuses the landings get when the weather is up and people don't want to fish in it. I'm sure the landings have to cover themselves somehow.

Carl
    Carl
    Everyone has a sob story including the crew's waiting at the dock in the morning like chumps when the charter group doesn't show up because they got drunk. But, not so drunk they don't think to block their cc

Yep more than once
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
    Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    As a bit of an aside...
    Why do people assume their deposits are refundable?

If they are refundable what is the point of the landing or any business taking deposits?

If its refundable the business is better off doing first come first serve to the highest bidders.

A deposit is to protect both parties and a voluntary agreement.

Last edited:

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    I cant contain myself lol

What’s your cancellation policy?​

We require 48 hours notice prior to the departure of the trip for you to be refunded. Any refund issues will have a 3.5% credit card processing fee deducted. Alternatively, if you would like to roll your deposit over to a floating deposit to be used at a later date there will be no fee. If you cancel within the 48 hour window, you could lose your security deposit, but give us a call and we will try and work with you to fill your spot and get you a refund. When in doubt give us a call 619-221-8500. 2.5 Day trips and longer require 30 Day notice for a refund .
    DUH....AND THERE YOU HAVE IT, JUST AS I POSTED LOL

Upvote 0

SCHeadhunter

May 22, 2006
    san clemente
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    Sold to the man with $$$
    Sending an email to a general information mailbox canceling a trip is laughable. You would need to email the booking agent specifically but more importantly you would call and talk to someone and then back it up with an email.
    Covering your ass 101. Why is this in long-range forum?

Upvote 0

KXKH

Feb 28, 2018
    NorCal
    Name
    Boat
    19' Hobie
    You suck, for ruining a great fishing trip for your daughter by deciding to not book with Fisherman Landing ever again...for something you F up on.

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Reactions: dsl
    Upvote 0

cozenone

Jan 25, 2020
    northwest
    Name
    joe
    Boat
    none
    Speak to me more of this annual insurance I know nothing about, it sounds like a good thing as sometimes “‘it happens “. 😉

Bob Dawson
    619-990-3068
    I started buying annual insurance for two reasons:
    1, I want to be covered just in case
    2, I want the boat to be covered
    Yes, I may never have to use it, but I can say, with experience to back me, it has payed off in the past.
    Bob Dawson also happens to be a long range fisherman and understands the possibility’s, give him a call and discuss the different plans that fit your travel needs, the annual just makes sense to me, because I do a fair amount of travel each year.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Phishy Phil
    Upvote 0

dsl

• Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    Upvote 0

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    He probably is one of those persons that watch the fish counts and If it doesn't look good or rough weather he cancels a day before the trip, And says he left a message with the landing months ago, :ashamed:. If anyone believes his story, Then my Ass makes Watches!!

Reactions: JamesZ
    Upvote 0

Shimano Penn

Dec 3, 2014
    Chula Vista
    Name
    David
    Boat
    Fond Memory
    Okay enough ragging on this guy, yes he's wrong but only because he doesn't really know how it works. Years ago I got to the landing and couldn't find parking, I had to lug my stuff from like a mile away. The boat was gone, I was pissed that they didn't wait for me :rolleyes:. Boo hoo ...

Upvote 0

UnBelievable

F.V. UNBELIEVABLE
    Jul 19, 2013
    Mission Bay San Diego Ca. USA
    Name
    Norm Campbell
    Boat
    UnBelievable
    Fishing this landing most of my life. I had to cancel many the trip. I purchase a yearly policy directly through Allianz and ALL have been paid to me directly. It’s 500 a year. If you fish long range life can really get in your way. It also covers your immediate family if they go down it’s covered. Purchase directly through Allianz without a agent involved as they treat direct clients better. Our local agent is pretty TWO FACED by my experience. Will never recommend him. And yes even that claim was paid in full.

C
    cozenone
    That wasn't very fucking nice
    Upvote 0
    UnBelievable
    UnBelievable
    I left your name out as a courtesy. Maybe I should post your name and emails. I believe this community would look upon you very harshly for you actions I can prove. Notice YOU ARE THE ONE CUSSING.
    Upvote 0

dsl

• Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    Not 🖥️ or 💻 . Yes ☎️📱📞, it appears anyway?

Upvote 0

OnoEric

Sometimes I fish
  • Dec 13, 2003
    San Marcos
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    Grady White 208
    Don’t worry, guys. The OP did a drive by. He hasn’t seen a single one of these posts. LOL.
    31C60513-828F-4DC9-BC27-081749775F01.jpeg