Brad Golding

May 23, 2019
Medford, Oregon
Name
Brad Golding
Boat
Wellcraft Airslot 24
Wow, what a shock today...

I had booked a trip on the Liberty through Fisherman's Landing for my daughter and me. Four days before the trip I tore up my knee.
I went to the website to get their number but saw a "contact us" form on the website. So to have a record, I used it. I explained my situation and asked to have a credit issued so I could rebook at a later date.
That was three weeks ago. Today I was in the store and decided to double-check as I'd received no response from them.
They told me I lost my money for being a no-show. I told them I did indeed notify them and they said, no, you have to call to cancel.
Does it say that on the website? No, it does not.
So I ended up getting $200 of my $400 back. I'll never shop there again. I'll never book a trip with them again.
Fishermen beware! These guys will fuuk you if they get a chance. That's my experience.

Artois
Artois
Sorry to hear this,. Before blasting on social media did you try to set up a meeting with management. Face to face during slower times works wonders

Lake

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
A few weeks back I was trying to drive down to fish on the San Diego. About 50 miles from the landing the entire freeway was closed down for a police action. After waiting a bit, and seeing that I wasn’t going to make it I called Seaforth to let them know I wouldn’t be making it. He said to wait and try and to let him know. We never moved. He called me at 5:30 asking what the situation was and I told him there was no way I’d make it. He then offered to move my deposit to a later date. I full expected to lose it. It wasn’t their fault. But that’s what they did. I heard this is not unusual.

Upvote 0

TanstaaflSD

• Dec 3, 2013
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Name
    Tanstaafl
    Boat
    n/a
    A few weeks back I was trying to drive down to fish on the San Diego. About 50 miles from the landing the entire freeway was closed down for a police action. After waiting a bit, and seeing that I wasn’t going to make it I called Seaforth to let them know I wouldn’t be making it. He said to wait and try and to let him know. We never moved. He called me at 5:30 asking what the situation was and I told him there was no way I’d make it. He then offered to move my deposit to a later date. I full expected to lose it. It wasn’t their fault. But that’s what they did. I heard this is not unusual.
    I have had dates rolled by Seaforth as life unexpectedly interferred with fishing.

Upvote 0

Highwayman

• Jun 25, 2015
    Name
    Sammy
    Boat
    Party Boats and Skiff
    I was booked on a trip at Seaforth a few years back and had a medical emergency the morning of the day the trip was to leave at night. I spent a week in the hospital. I called them early in the morning to let them know. I lost my 50% deposit. I still go out when I can get a boat of choice and timing.

Reactions: Rocket Dog
    Upvote 0

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
    Apr 27, 2003
    US/Mexico
    Name
    Choate
    Boat
    Islander
    I don’t know, I think we all rely on texts and emails way too much.
    I had a situation myself last year, called the landing, rolled the money over and used it on a later trip.
    I was expecting to lose the whole amount, however I lost nothing.
    I fish almost all my trips out of there, find it all easy to work with.
    JMO, but a live phone call versus an electronic message makes way more sense!

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    STRANGE....they never "screwed" me in 50 years of booking and fishing trips there. A call to Mgr. Carl at the booking desk would have worked it out most likely. I've had to cancel trips before due to surgery, etc, and got ALL back but the fee they pay CC Co. FYI
    OR They held and used full amount for new trip.
    They run a 1st class operation in my many years fishing there.
    Just my 2 cents. LOL

Tunahead

• Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    I don’t know, I think we all rely on texts and emails way too much.
    I had a situation myself last year, called the landing, rolled the money over and used it on a later trip.
    I was expecting to lose the whole amount, however I lost nothing.
    I fish almost all my trips out of there, find it all easy to work with.
    JMO, but a live phone call versus an electronic message makes way more sense!
    YEP ME TOO WD, rolled over to another trip or refunded full amount less the CC fee.

Upvote 0

bdubs73

Feb 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    none
    I understand the inclination to create a "track record" for your request, and sorry that it ended up in losing half your money. Fishermans is a bit peculiar in that they only do those requests to keep a floating deposit by phone. That being said, I have had floating deposits that they have keep for me on my name for over a year before, they are really good about it. If you haven't yet, I would try and go to have a face to face conversation with the manager and ask if you can get the other $200 as a floating deposit for a future trip.

Tunahead

• Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    I'm still trying to figure out why a whiner post about a trip on Liberty is doing on "Long Range Fishing" Posts in the 1st place. This is for FISHING REPORTS FYI.
    A great boat and skipper who mostly do day trips! LOL LOL

Upvote 0

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    Sorry for your monetary loss. 200 bucks… Con-graduations on Fisherman’s Landing of their decision to refund you 200 bucks. Sad that the boat lost more with your spots left open. Maybe you will have better luck complaining on a anti fishing board.

Last edited:

Wandering Blues

Oct 19, 2008
    The Land of Entrapment
    Name
    Curtis
    Boat
    A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
    Always call first. Then, you can follow up with an email for record stating “per my phone conversation with “Joe,” on 00/00/2021, I’m following up with an email..”

None of the landings are in the business of screwing people over.

Upvote 0

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
  • Mar 2, 2010
    SoCal
    Name
    Rocket Dog
    Boat
    passenger again
    Seen this guy complaining on Facebook as well in several forums... Honestly, you (OP) should have call and made got confirmation and figured it out. Complaining here about this useless. We all have had some problem making to the landing.

You could have posted here to sell your spot... Shit, a lot of guys would have jumped on it. Full refund yeah, not sure what business still do that anymore.

Reactions: Tunahead and dsl
    Upvote 0

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    Just for conversation… Is this the form you sent?

Knowing that there was no response from the landing before your trip departure, were you concerned? Seems the form was not designed for a trip cancellation but for information.

Last edited:
    Reactions: KXKH
    Upvote 0

DonVincenzo

Almost A Member
    Sep 18, 2009
    BX
    Name
    vince
    Boat
    haha
    I cant contain myself lol

What’s your cancellation policy?​

We require 48 hours notice prior to the departure of the trip for you to be refunded. Any refund issues will have a 3.5% credit card processing fee deducted. Alternatively, if you would like to roll your deposit over to a floating deposit to be used at a later date there will be no fee. If you cancel within the 48 hour window, you could lose your security deposit, but give us a call and we will try and work with you to fill your spot and get you a refund. When in doubt give us a call 619-221-8500. 2.5 Day trips and longer require 30 Day notice for a refund .

Upvote 0