Scouting During Lockdown?

joemadness

Apr 23, 2020
California
Name
Joseph Lanctot
Boat
None
With everything closed except the USFS's backcountry trails, has anyone been taking their "walks" in the forest for scouting? Although still sparsely used, I've noticed a small uptick of activity on the backcountry trails that I frequent and wondering if anyone else is doing what I am.

kbray001

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 18, 2009
South OC
Name
Kirk
Boat
Regal 24
With everything closed except the USFS's backcountry trails, has anyone been taking their "walks" in the forest for scouting? Although still sparsely used, I've noticed a small uptick of activity on the backcountry trails that I frequent and wondering if anyone else is doing what I am.
I have noticed the same thing.

We have been social distancing by driving a lot of the USFS roads in our area to let the dog and baby have some fun. That’s normal for us though. Over the last few weeks we have seen way more people out there than we normally do.

If people didn’t go outside before the pandemic they shouldn’t be allowed out during it. Haha.

joemadness

Apr 23, 2020
California
Name
Joseph Lanctot
Boat
None
I have noticed the same thing.

We have been social distancing by driving a lot of the USFS roads in our area to let the dog and baby have some fun. That’s normal for us though. Over the last few weeks we have seen way more people out there than we normally do.

If people didn’t go outside before the pandemic they shouldn’t be allowed out during it. Haha.
While out on a motorcycle ride on some forest roads, I saw a group of 30+ sunbathers on some rock slabs next to a creek and practicing as much social distancing as they were before they got the beaches closed down. Besides that group, most people seem to be very mindful and respecting the outdoors.

Reactions: kbray001