WHALER21

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 27, 2006
Cerritos
Name
Carlos
Boat
BW Justice 17', Parker 2320, 15' Boston Whaler & 16' G3
I've had my Scotty 2500 for 2 years now and it works great. I use mine in Northern California crabbing for Dungenese. On my last trip, l was pulling crab pots up to 150ft with zero issues. Great back saver.

Saba Slayer

Saba Slayer
Oct 19, 2004
Palos Verdes
Name
Jim Salazar
Boat
18' Welcraft CC, Hobie PA 14 and Hobie Outback
The Scotty Puller is a good device but its a capstain style puller so it requires lots of attention as the line is coming in...
Its a very compact unit...I've mounted it on my Hobie Pro Angler and my Adventure Island kayaks with a PWC battery as the power...
If you're on a kayak or just working shallow water in a skiff the Scotty Trap-eze is a great way to get the rope in a more ergonomic pulling position and it keeps the rope from "burning' an area if you pull from the same spot all the time.
The electric pullers are very handy if you are working areas Over 60' or so in depth...and great for the deep stuff on the edges of the coastal canyons or at Catalina...
Or if you have arthritis in your hands or wrists as I do it's a God-send...
The Ace Line Hauler is well worth the extra cost over the Scotty if you are really serious about buying a great hauler and working the Deep Spots...
With the "Bull Dog" spring mechanism on it, once its threaded and started, it's virtually "hands free" coiling of the rope at your feet on the deck if you are using single long shots of quality rope.
IMG_3553.jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 12.18.25 PM.png

mochosla

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 12, 2007
Granada Hills CA.
Name
Carlos
Boat
2000 21' WA Striper
The Scotty Puller is a good device but its a capstain style puller so it requires lots of attention as the line is coming in...
Its a very compact unit...I've mounted it on my Hobie Pro Angler and my Adventure Island kayaks with a PWC battery as the power...
If you're on a kayak or just working shallow water in a skiff the Scotty Trap-eze is a great way to get the rope in a more ergonomic pulling position and it keeps the rope from "burning' an area if you pull from the same spot all the time.
The electric pullers are very handy if you are working areas Over 60' or so in depth...and great for the deep stuff on the edges of the coastal canyons or at Catalina...
Or if you have arthritis in your hands or wrists as I do it's a God-send...
The Ace Line Hauler is well worth the extra cost over the Scotty if you are really serious about buying a great hauler and working the Deep Spots...
With the "Bull Dog" spring mechanism on it, once its threaded and started, it's virtually "hands free" coiling of the rope at your feet on the deck if you are using single long shots of quality rope.
View attachment 1243352View attachment 1243353
Yeah. I'm looking at that one as well. I have a rail on my boat and that would make it harder to mount it though.

boat.jpg