OUTFITTER'D
Feb 18, 2006
Strike Zone
www.radiosilencefishing.com
Name
Justin Reynolds
Boat
Free Ranger
Jack Sowell made the Clemente call earlier on in the week...It was to be Marc Higashi, Jack, and myself on the mission. We were looking at Santa Cruz, but with 40kt. sustained winds and mixed seas at 9-11ft. @ 10 seconds, wasn't happenin.'
FFWD. 5.2.10
Met up with Mike Lane and his crew at Davie's ramp, along with Randy and Matt of F.D.B.U. who were toting a San Diego kid by the name of Afran.
We cleared the harbor mouth at 4:45am and headed into an angry South Easterly wind that kept the crossing at a slower pace than usual.
Once we hit the East end of Catalina, discussion of what the forecast said and what might truly unfold was had and the decision to continue toward SCI was agreed upon.
20kts. ahead in folding swell and wind could not keep the 'Big Bite' vibe down.
We had high hopes that the hot bite from last weekend would hold and bless us with some great fishing.
RESULT=WIDE OPEN CALICO!
The seas laid down and the stiff wind came to breeze with good uphill current on the front side of the island.
Never checked the water temp, but the fish didn't feel too cold.
They were pissed and detonating on any bait that was thrown at them.
Look for the brown spots and fire!
Turn and burn or steady wind and grind, didn't matter, any pattern would hold.
Marc threw some change ups at them with the jerk bait and had them mugging it on the PAUSE, cuz that's what Jimmy Houston says.
No matter where we went along the entire front side, the same fishing was granted.
Back at the ramp the other fellas had the same insane fishing as well up and around the West End!

I've never been more impressed than I was with Jack Sowell's enthusiasm for Calico Bass fishing!
This guy is 70+ years old and still putting the wood to those fish.
I heard some great stories and burned more calories than I have in a while.
CALICAEROBICS!
Here's the damage report.

Stay SILENT!

Big Pancho

Well-Known "Member"
May 2, 2007
Thousand Oaks
Name
Frank Ochoa
Boat
21' Seaswirl Striper
Way to stick the wood to the calicos. I need a turn! let me know when you got a open spot on your rig brother. I have had way to much problems with my rig lately. I am going to drop it back off at the mechanics again. MORE MONEY MO MONEY MO MONEY. I think its about that time to look for another rig. Later little brother

Big Pancho
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

nefarious235

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
S = Sowells
C = Calico
I = Instructional

His island . his fish . everyone else along for the experience . And happy for it. Great trip I am sure, can't wait for the video

doorman

Bartle Doo
Sep 14, 2009
lakeside
Name
Brett Murray
Boat
21', champion,
218! that is mind boggling. I want this.

BuonaForTuna

Jul 27, 2008
Glendale Ca
Name
Jesse
Boat
BuonaFortuna 26' Seaswirl Striper
DAMN!!!!! Wheres the VID JR?

WAR

@WARBAITS
Sep 3, 2005
San Diego
www.warbaits.com
Name
AA
Boat
KEY WEST BR196 / HOBIE PA14
Killer report JBASS. Good to be out there with everyone.... Super fun time.
Our post is going to sound similar.

Mar 20, 2009
Seal Beach
Name
Jacob Jahn
Boat
The Sea Rapist
yeeeeeeeaaaa. fish and destroy. well done guys. did jack bring any of his secret bait butter?

le'

carmarc

May 25, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Marc
Boat
F12 Honda Aquatrax Watercraft
I will always refer to this thread when Jet Anglers get in a pissing match over what kind of bait tank they want to build for their watercraft. Once I figured out how to build a bait tank, I figured out I wouldn't use it on my island trips.

Plastics will get the job done everytime. Keep it up! Nice post.

GETSUM

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 22, 2007
Name
ERIC G.
Boat
22' ROBALO CC "ON ONE"
SILLY!