Schitzo and friends

Discussion in 'Home Built Fishing Lures' started by j3dgu, Jan 12, 2011.

1. j3dgu

j3dgu Newbie

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Whaler 190, 130
    My wife called this 9" lure the schitzo (2nd and last pic) because of the one blue eye and one red eye. No really I just didn't have matching eyes. The others are a 7" scooped blueberry pearl, a 7" redish/pink pearl scoop with pink MOP shell eyes and a 7" rootbeer slant with bluegreen pearl eyes (1st pic). Hope you guys like it. Pics are out of order. lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  2. el capo

el capo Member

Name:
    miguel
    Boat:
    none
    Nice work, I like the bloops berry!

3. Gaji Lures

Gaji Lures Member

Name:
    Allan
    Great job Bruddah John!
    Amazing how far you've come in so short a time! Keep going brah!
    I really believe that all of these heads posted, will get "NAILED" if you do not give up on them and keep running them! Post pics of their results like you did the last time with the Ono's! You are a very good student of the craft, from all those here, that helped you along the way!

4. jarredondo684

jarredondo684 Newbie

Name:
    Joe A
    These are great!!! Like allan said, alot has happened in a short period of time. It must be nice to be in the tropics right now......palm trees, blue warm water, wearing shorts and t-shirt while pouring lures.

Great shapes!

5. Gaji Lures

Gaji Lures Member

Name:
    Allan
    Brah, I second the motion, to that point about being in the "Tropics!!!!" I gotta pour one at a time right now, under the lights, due to this cold weather!
    Can't remember exactly when I last wore a t-shirt! Although, the neighbors must have thought "this dumb Hawaiian, shoveling snow in a t-shirt and shorts" on the first winter freeze! :rofl:

6. jarredondo684

jarredondo684 Newbie

Name:
    Joe A
    But in your warm socks n slippers???? Right?

7. Gaji Lures

Gaji Lures Member

Name:
    Allan
    Brah, was just so focused on shoveling snow that when I went out, forgot how I was dressed! So to answer your question yes, had slippers, rubber slippers but, zero socks! After about 5 minutes in 20 degree weather, I forgot that I was cold and managed to shovel the driveway and the sidewalks! The neighbors were right "Dumb Hawaiian!" :rofl:

8. O.G. Crow

O.G. Crow Newbie

Name:
    crow
    nice work I like the bottom one!

9. j3dgu

j3dgu Newbie

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Whaler 190, 130
    Thanks guys, sometimes I do take for granted the fact that I live in the tropics. But I do like the fact that Allan can set his beer outside and it will get cold faster than the frig. I will try to run them this weekend, it being a 3 day'er. The wifes asking how many lures I need already? I said I need to fill up the rack and then get more resin.

Everytime you guys post something new I ask myself, "How he do that?"

10. el capo

el capo Member

Name:
    miguel
    Boat:
    none
    John, if you could see my rack right now you would shit yourself. It has 54 fresh ones on it.LOL

11. O.G. Crow

O.G. Crow Newbie

Name:
    crow
    We need to order some more resin tomorrow :zelfmoordnevermind I'm ordering right now sooner than later I guess. Last time it took about a week to get here but usually comes in five days..

12. Gaji Lures

Gaji Lures Member

Name:
    Allan
    :rofl:Bro, turned 12 pearl heads today and let me tell you, the Asahi Dry was set on the concrete of my backyard patio floor, chilling! I would however, trade places anyday, as it is below freezing here. The ones turned today were poured yesterday, and have poured some "Cup Faces" with mirrors too! Will post in a few days! The Asahi's however, were at the right temp-ICE COLD!!! :rofl:Great job again, John!

13. j3dgu

j3dgu Newbie

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Whaler 190, 130
    I believe it Mike, your production rate is incredible.

Can't wait to see your new masterpieces. I am dying to ask how you do your eyes on your pearls heads, but I know thats your trademark signature, so I will wait for the book "Secrets of the Gaji". If you haven't started writing yet, start now!LOL

14. Gaji Lures

Gaji Lures Member

Name:
    Allan
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    My wife was just mentioning about writing a book! It costs quite a bit to write a book, as I was going to do one on Hawaiian style pupus, a little while back! The idea is not dead yet on the pupu book! However, if I can land some sponsorship, I have been putting all the steps of my M.O. down on paper and might just very well pursue a book on the craft of lure making. It may not necessarily be the right way, or the way that others create their heads but, it is the way that we do things here at Gaji Lures and would no doubt help others who are either starting out in this craft and even lend some tips to those who already have immersed themselves in lure making.
    The other option, because I am a one man operation is to entertain the thought of another, who has approached me about a joint venture. The future of Gaji Lures has taken a turn and not quite sure what the future will be right now!

15. j3dgu

j3dgu Newbie

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Whaler 190, 130
    Whatever the future brings I wish you and Gaji Lures the best. Don't abandon the idea of the pupus book either. I will definately get one...or two. Still looking for a good "how too" for various styles of poke and smoke marlin. We also got a fairly healthy population of opihi (different species though) that needed to be put to good use. What I have learned in the past 3 months of resin casting is that you can get to the same goals from so many ways. My wife want me to make xmas ornaments now from resin.:rofl:So my next project is to make really bright lures to hang on next years tree (2 birds with one stone).

16. j3dgu

j3dgu Newbie

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Whaler 190, 130
    Sorry Mike I did not mean to mix up the quotes. I have heard of your legendary setup from previous posts. I would love to see a picture of the "Lab"

17. j3dgu

j3dgu Newbie

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Whaler 190, 130
    I'm still waiting on my local craft store for stuff here for over two months now and still nada!:rofl:

18. BUSTIN

BUSTIN Newbie

Name:
    Mark
    If they don't work, nothing will. Asahi dry is the it. Love the beer from Japan. Perfect with ono sashimi. Mark