Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
SeaVee 340Z
Just wanted to share some of the still from our Baja shoot. We fished Abreojos/La Bocana in Late Nov and had some stellar fishing for both Broomtail and Gulf groupers (and 10 jillion sand bass).

We have been taking pro photogs with us on the shoots and coming back with some amazing stuff. I'll also try and post these as we shoot them from the road going forward.

The first of our Two Part Baja episodes will premiere on Jan 31st and the second episode on Feb 14.

We hope you'll watch.

7S9A0010.jpg 7S9A0031.jpg 7S9A0143.jpg 7S9A0895.jpg 7S9A0884.jpg 7S9A1011.jpg 7S9A1327.jpg 7S9A1595.jpg 8E3A9721.jpg DJI_0023.jpg

Upvote 0

Papa "J"

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • May 8, 2003
    OffShore
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    really enjoy the show so far. Doesn't seem "fake" feels like your there fishing with friends BS'ing giving each other shit like we all do.

Upvote 0

sulla

Jan 1, 2007
    Torrance CA
    Name
    Sulla
    Boat
    Party Boat Near You
    I really enjoyed the first show and have my Dvr set up to record the series. Keep up the good shows!

Upvote 0

Bigeasy

yeah, yeah!
    Jun 18, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    Name
    Eric W.
    Boat
    Tunacious 238 Coastal Twin 150-E
    ETECS hanging off the back! Nice! I'm going to get me a set of them! Was going to have the yammi experience, but I'll stick to what I know best! How are they anywho? How do you like them?

Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
    Admin
    Apr 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Name
    That Guy
    Boat
    SeaVee 340Z
    ETECS hanging off the back! Nice! I'm going to get me a set of them! Was going to have the yammi experience, but I'll stick to what I know best! How are they anywho? How do you like them?

I swore I would never own a two stroke again. Then I ran them.

The G2's are fire breathing monsters. They have torque like the old Opti 2 strokes but they are better on fuel than most four strokes.

The guages, tech and controls are all cutting edge.

And..... Zero Maintenance for 500 hours.

I'm sold on them.

Reactions: Bigeasy and One_Leg
    Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
    Jun 28, 2006
    El Cazonn
    Name
    Frank F
    Boat
    Boat-less (Sad)
    Ali I watched today. Enjoyed it.
    Good job and I hope more to come.

Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Sep 8, 2004
    Fullerton
    Name
    SM
    Boat
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Ali,you have some brass balls to two a nice triple axle rig like that down Baja 1.

Be safe.

Upvote 0

Bigeasy

yeah, yeah!
    Jun 18, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    Name
    Eric W.
    Boat

That's what I want to hear!!!!!!!!!

Why the brass nuts? I hear people trailering their rigs down there all the time! Am I missing something? I know there can be shady areas and those long stretches can be nerve wrecking, but am I missing something!

Upvote 0

Willdoggy

Willing Member
  • Jun 25, 2014
    Chula Vista
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    Purr-Sea-Stance / Montauk 170

That's what I want to hear!!!!!!!!!

Why the brass nuts? I hear people trailering their rigs down there all the time! Am I missing something? I know there can be shady areas and those long stretches can be nerve wrecking, but am I missing something!
    I don't think he was saying the people in Mexico are to fear as much as the actual road. It's a difficult drive even when not towing a boat. Add my little rig behind you for white knuckles and then install the brass balls for a triple axel. I would imagine no less than at least (5) "Oh Shit" moments with something that big swinging behind you on that magical, two lane, ribbon of asphalt leading to paradise.

Upvote 0

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
    Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    I wasn't there but did see some of the footage taken by GoPro stuck to the side of the boat going down the road. Less than an inch between the big rig and the boat more than once...

Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
    Admin
    Apr 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Name
    That Guy
    Boat
    SeaVee 340Z
    Thanks guys.

The road has never been better. I would NEVER have tried that trip 10 years ago. We rolled with a pilot car and I've been towing down there for over 20 years. If you're towing a normal 8'6" boat, GO FOR IT. This beast is almost 40' tip to tip and 10' wide. Not for the squeemish but do-able under the right conditions.

Glad you guys like the show. Wait till you see this Baja stuff. New episode next Sunday and we'll release a new episode every OTHER week until July.

Upvote 0

Bigeasy

yeah, yeah!
    Jun 18, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    Name
    Eric W.
    Boat
    I wasn't there but did see some of the footage taken by GoPro stuck to the side of the boat going down the road. Less than an inch between the big rig and the boat more than once...

I remember 20 years ago driving to Rocky Point and the highway back then. In some areas the bridge was washed away and you had to trailer down in the riverbed. Some parts of the highway was American grade though!! Until you get close to your destination and then I guess they say fukit you drive it you build it!

Upvote 0

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
    Jan 29, 2009
    Bakersfield
    Name
    Apogee..
    Boat
    Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
    The road can handle it if you pay attention. The Dina's from hell got their swerve down pat. That turn off you made before getting to San Ignacio can be full of vultures and I gotta wonder where you launched. There is a usable ramp in the vicinity of Guerro Negro. Did the range of the boat allow you to make to Cedros?

Upvote 0

Sgtsilbaugh

"Keep calm and.........FISH ON!!!!"
    Apr 14, 2014
    Brea
    Name
    Kevin
    Boat
    qajaq
    So there's only been one show so far right? I was pissed on Sunday thinking that either someone deleted my show, or something else had priority over it in the recordings.

The second show is on this Sunday right (1/31)? I'm going fishing Sunday, so I'll be sure to watch it Sunday night.

Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
    Admin
    Apr 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Name
    That Guy
    Boat
    SeaVee 340Z
    So there's only been one show so far right? I was pissed on Sunday thinking that either someone deleted my show, or something else had priority over it in the recordings.

The second show is on this Sunday right (1/31)? I'm going fishing Sunday, so I'll be sure to watch it Sunday night.

Correct. New episode 1/31 and every other week thereafter.

You're gonna love the next one.

Reactions: Sgtsilbaugh
    Upvote 0

mmonti

Sep 15, 2012
    Long Beach
    Name
    mmonti
    Boat
    Edgewater
    first episode was awesome, looking forward to more. You gotta get some squid next time hes down here, always a blast when the ink squirter is pointing at the face and someone is trying to put a hook thru the head

Reactions: Sgtsilbaugh
    Upvote 0