Scam website selling reels

Tailrope

Nov 26, 2021
Auckland NZ
Name
Alan
Boat Name
53ft workboat
Beware of scam reel seller www.fishingreelsjapan.com They invoice you for the stated minimum quantity, then 3 days after payment, when they have taken your money, they tell you you need to up the quantity to meet minimum order quantity, and pay for 2 more reels before they will send. They even supply a fake tracking number from their own fake tracking company paket-express.com which has the same phone number as the reel sales company! A very slick operation by experienced conmen, just surprised that shimano, daiwa,penn banax etc must see their adds in a google search and do nothing, as they have been there for years

kzaam1

Nov 7, 2018
San Diego
Name
Kzaam
Boat Name
Jasmine
Talicas for $300!

61DEEF98-4CD9-4AE7-970E-48354B3DA1BB.png

Upvote 0

woodfish330

I'm to smart to figure out how to edit this.
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat Name
    Fishead
    I guess.... once a year.... some "ostriches" lift their heads out of their holes.... and are surprised that people actually do " THAT". List stuff they don't have. SURPRISE! Well I'm not. How about you? Do we have to hear it for the 100000th time this year?

So I've personally decided.... TOO BAD! You lose. Tired of trying to help the "blind"....see. Tired of trying to explain...."COMMON SENSE". Spend your money unwisely.... its up to you. Lose it all to save a dollar.... your mom would be ashamed.

Upvote 0

openclass

Slam
  • May 28, 2009
    Belvedere
    Name
    Rick
    Boat Name
    Parker 2820
    I guess they get thier stuff from Sportsman's warehouse judging by the pictures on thier website.

Reactions: Tunahead
    W
    woodfish330
    Or copy them from that website....

Many years ago I couldn't believe... that a "Knock Off" company.... would not only copy our product exactly... but steal our picts ... from our website for their catalog. BOLD for sure. Took over a year to shut down. Can you say... Lost sales. So I get it.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat Name
    whichever has the longest bunk
    Hey, woodfish330, maybe you can lighten up a bit? A new member from New Zealand has probably not read many posts on this site, and wants to give a warning. I appreciate the intention, even though I already am hyper-conscious of scam websites.

Cubeye

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Kub
    Boat Name
    17' Gregor
    I've noticed that a few guys here and on other sites would ask is anyone had purchased from a certain vendor in the past.

If they get a positive response, chances are that the vendor is legit. They usually ask about overseas vendors.

Upvote 0

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat Name
    24 ft grady white
    If you're at all concerned about being scammed isn't Paypal the way to pay ? I've never been scammed but i always use Paypal for online purchases.If they don't accept it i won't buy it.

surfgoose
    surfgoose
    Actually, Paypal isn't foolproof. This isn't the place to get into the matter, but you can research it if you wish. Where money is concerned, somebody will always figure out a way to steal something.
    Upvote 0
    plj46
    plj46
    I didn't say it was but it sure is a lot safer than just giving somebody a CC number online.It also might eliminate the sellers attempt to scam you if they refuse to accept a Paypal transaction.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat Name
    whichever has the longest bunk
    The absolutely best deals in fishing gear is when a chain like Turner's Outdoorsman decides to stop carrying a line of gear. When I worked at Turners I was able to pounce upon several excellent deals, like a Torque 40NLD2 display reel for less than half price. I called a couple of regular customers and let them know that the line was being dropped, and they came right down and got other models.

If you regularly support your local outdoor store, you can place yourself for some real bargains. I buy things through the internet too, but not things that are carried locally.

Reactions: F.I.S.H.Y and tbev

Tailrope

Nov 26, 2021
    Auckland NZ
    Name
    Alan
    Boat Name
    53ft workboat
    I guess.... once a year.... some "ostriches" lift their heads out of their holes.... and are surprised that people actually do " THAT". List stuff they don't have. SURPRISE! Well I'm not. How about you? Do we have to hear it for the 100000th time this year?

So I've personally decided.... TOO BAD! You lose. Tired of trying to help the "blind"....see. Tired of trying to explain...."COMMON SENSE". Spend your money unwisely.... its up to you. Lose it all to save a dollar.... your mom would be ashamed.
    Steady pal, just trying to warn others, who might not know about every scam worldwide. Yes, I got suckered, but would be nice to save someone else

Upvote 0

1steveT

Nov 22, 2010
    Carp, CA, USA
    Name
    Steve T.
    Boat Name
    soon2B
    I'm going to commit BD suicide here.
    You'll remember my post 2 weeks ago about a scam I fell for by a BD scammer (Jeremy Arriaga) for a Curado 300E for $50.
    Well, I fell for the scam in the above post about a month ago, I found it on Google images.
    Same exact MO, fake tracking # and all, except this one was for a Curado 300E for $29!
    That's when I posted a WTB here on BD thinking everyone here is probably legit.
    DOH!!!
    At least, in all, only a $79 lesson.
    Be kind.

W
    woodfish330
    Please stop....lol. Your "Brutal Honesty" has earned you your last pass Brother. Driving to any Reputable Fishing store.... has got to be cheaper than Internet "Wishing"...

Isn't that voice in the back of your mind.... just SCREAMING at you... when you pull the trigger? Maybe next time Brother. Thanks for your honesty.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Kevin A

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat Name
    25' aqua sport
    I'm going to commit BD suicide here.
    You'll remember my post 2 weeks ago about a scam I fell for by a BD scammer (Jeremy Arriaga) for a Curado 300E for $50.
    Well, I fell for the scam in the above post about a month ago, I found it on Google images.
    Same exact MO, fake tracking # and all, except this one was for a Curado 300E for $29!
    That's when I posted a WTB here on BD thinking everyone here is probably legit.
    DOH!!!
    At least, in all, only a $79 lesson.
    Be kind.
    :rofl:

• Haha
    Reactions: dctalk523
    Upvote 0

openclass

Slam
  • May 28, 2009
    Belvedere
    Name
    Rick
    Boat Name
    Parker 2820
    When researching weather or not a company or private party is legit search using the pictures they provide. Google image search function solves many lifted pictures. It's especially useful with used gear as scammers never have the merchandise and always use someone else's pictures.

Upvote 0

MikeC.

Jun 22, 2019
    Torrance, Ca
    Name
    Mike
    Boat Name
    none
    When researching weather or not a company or private party is legit search using the pictures they provide. Google image search function solves many lifted pictures. It's especially useful with used gear as scammers never have the merchandise and always use someone else's pictures.

never heard of that, how do
    you do it

Upvote 0