plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
jim
Boat
24 ft grady white
Nothing special and not very collectable.Fish it without fear of losing a valuable jig.

Reactions: CartridgeCalls

LEC

Dec 15, 2005
Garden Grove Ca.
Name
Larry Crownover
Boat
20 ft. Invader LC
A guy I believe named Leonard Lussier used to make them. He used to fish every thurs on the GW out of Seal beach. Used to put 3 or 4 jigs in the tip jar every time I cleaned his fish. Great guy, excellent fisherman. This was back in the late 60s.

Fish Sniper

Jun 13, 2012
San Dimas,Ca. USA
Name
Marco Rojas
Boat
PAJARO
Came upon this jig in a collection of old salas's. Never heard of it before. Anything special or just another one to tie on and send down?

thanks

View attachment 1096942 View attachment 1096943
This was the very first jig I used in salt water. Mine was white and red. I caught a 2lb Bonito off the San Pedro jetty and I was hooked on fishing. I don't see them around any more, they were good then.

woodfish330

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
I met Leonard on the boat too. He gave me a few seconds.... lol..... probably what you got in your tip jar. Funny thing, about 3 years later we ran into him in LORETO. We went skiff fishing for cabrilla and small surface yellows. Got to say....He could work that jig like no one else.... (stragglers). He was quite a character and sure could sell. Me, I did okay with his jigs....not spectacular. He got a little "pissy" when I tried to throw a "Spoofer" or "Crocodile"....lol. But a true "bigger than life" type of guy.

Value....save 1.... fish the rest.
:jig: