Offshore Say what?!?

PENN

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
From Fisherman's Landing website:

6/17/2020
The Shogun called with 48 Bluefin (25 to 35 pounds) 13 Yellowfin Tuna (10 to 15 pounds) 2 dorado and 1 Yellowtail.

I was going to say how much I appreciate truth in advertising with the weights shown, and awesome numbers. Then I saw the...the...dorado??? WTF? June, on a 1.5 day?

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
Damn. This might be one helluva year for the SD boats. Wish I still lived there!

Reactions: Tom123
Upvote 0

Roadrunner

Oct 3, 2004
San Diego
Name
John Gleaves
Boat
20 foot, Westcoaster, Roadrunner
Damn. This might be one helluva year for the SD boats. Wish I still lived there!
Well hello Nicodemus. been a while since we fished on the Vagabond. Hoping you 2 would show up again for that charter. had much fun fishing together. What have you been up to ?

After a crappy time during the covid clousure and lock up, things are getting better each day lately. The dorado post was another pick me up as I am packing up for a 7 day trip on the Vagabond leaving next week. Wahoo is wishful but it is still early in the season but I have not done a longer early trip like this before.

Weather looks to be getting better wind wise for my trip as been really windy lately. I do hope we make it to Alijos Rocks and then the ridge. Think the big bluefin will take a day or 2 either on the way down or way back. Best would be fishing at sunset ton the Hidden Bank the day we leave.

Got 2 more long trips this year on the VAgabond: 6 day July/August Penn trip. Then an 8 day in Nov. Sprinkled in between is a bunch of my fishing club's shorter trips.

You ever want any fish, I am sure we could work a deal out with your name on the pile of the fish with 5 Star processing. They ship it to you. Fish is free so it is legal, you just cover 5 star processing cost ( no I am not selling sport caught fish for those who might think I am). Got fish from other trips that is still fresh so I am giving much away to friends and my fishing club.

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2005
So Cal
Name
Glendon
Boat
Grady White 257 Advance
What am I missing. You don't believe they caught 2 Dorado? There have been random catches of them over the past week. Why don't you believe this?

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
Well hello Nicodemus. been a while since we fished on the Vagabond. Hoping you 2 would show up again for that charter. had much fun fishing together. What have you been up to ?

After a crappy time during the covid clousure and lock up, things are getting better each day lately. The dorado post was another pick me up as I am packing up for a 7 day trip on the Vagabond leaving next week. Wahoo is wishful but it is still early in the season but I have not done a longer early trip like this before.

Weather looks to be getting better wind wise for my trip as been really windy lately. I do hope we make it to Alijos Rocks and then the ridge. Think the big bluefin will take a day or 2 either on the way down or way back. Best would be fishing at sunset ton the Hidden Bank the day we leave.

Got 2 more long trips this year on the VAgabond: 6 day July/August Penn trip. Then an 8 day in Nov. Sprinkled in between is a bunch of my fishing club's shorter trips.

You ever want any fish, I am sure we could work a deal out with your name on the pile of the fish with 5 Star processing. They ship it to you. Fish is free so it is legal, you just cover 5 star processing cost ( no I am not selling sport caught fish for those who might think I am). Got fish from other trips that is still fresh so I am giving much away to friends and my fishing club.
John! Where you been at brotherman? Good to hear from you! Yeah, we had a blast fishing with you, too. "What's the most important element of comedy?...." "Have you ever eaten beaver?" Can't go a work hitch without Shaun bringing that up. Some damn fine discourse. Laughing again as I write this. Great trips are truly made by so much more than just the fishing.
Tried to get to the Lupe again last year; missed it again. But had a great 7-day trip on the Supreme. We are actually fishing the Vag again this year, went all in wanting to slay some wahoo. 10-day leaving Oct 30th.
Appreciate the offer for fish. I'm actually drying about 15 lbs of wahoo, tuna and YT right now after brining all day. Will be smoking tomorrow. I'm trying to get my freezer down to empty before our trip, but thanks for the offer. Very generous.
A little tough financially for me to get in more than one trip a year right now. But I'll shoot you a PM. Would be great to get back on the water with you. I've had multiple 2-week "quarantines" between ABQ and Alaska (which or course I obeyed to the letter🙄) Makes a guy seriously stir crazy. Might be able to pull the trigger on another trip this year. Sanity requiring.
Trust you are well my friend.

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
What am I missing. You don't believe they caught 2 Dorado? There have been random catches of them over the past week. Why don't you believe this?
No disbelief. Just "holy shit!" fishing is going to be effing rad out of SD this year.

Reactions: GettinUglysSon
Upvote 0

Rabid Fish

Jun 27, 2004
Southern California
Name
Alex
Boat
26'
No disbelief. Just "holy shit!" fishing is going to be effing rad out of SD this year.
I want to say there have been dorado catches in June in each of the past 6 years, which were all great years too.

With the amount of tuna, including YFT, and the insane amount of YT around right now, I'd say the only thing wrong with this post is the use of "going to be"

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2005
So Cal
Name
Glendon
Boat
Grady White 257 Advance

Definitely shaping up to be an epic year. YFT are running 25-35 pounds. Decent grade of yellowtail on the kelps. Big bluefin. And it's not even July!

Reactions: nicodemus
Upvote 0

nicodemus

Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
we pulled up on a paddy sunday and saw one blitz by me right next to the boat.
Yes, they are starting to show up on the boat reports. Sure wish I were living in SD now, quickie 1.5 day trips for anything from dodo's to a BF of the lifetime.

Upvote 0

Hookup562

Mar 29, 2020
Long Beach
Name
Brandon
Boat
Grady White Gulfstream 232
You haven’t seen anything yet. I talked to the skipper on the Old Glory that albacore are 150 miles west now of San Diego. You may be seeing a quad of fish during your fishing trips this summer. Stay tuned folks

Yellowfin
Bluefin
Albacore
Dorado

Fuck the yellowtail

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Albies in the 9-16lb grade. Proper for the beginning of the season.

This year might go absolutely, sick wide

Nice grade yellows on the floating bush is good, more dode will funnel in. Can be a day saver. Stops boats also and could cause a flotilla diversion to stop boats looking for tuna

Reactions: Hookup562
Upvote 0

Daryl Ennis

Jun 7, 2019
Oside / Hemet
Name
Reel Nazty
Boat
1969 skipjack
From Fisherman's Landing website:

6/17/2020
The Shogun called with 48 Bluefin (25 to 35 pounds) 13 Yellowfin Tuna (10 to 15 pounds) 2 dorado and 1 Yellowtail.

I was going to say how much I appreciate truth in advertising with the weights shown, and awesome numbers. Then I saw the...the...dorado??? WTF? June, on a 1.5 day?
Was at the upper hidden last monday water temps 66.7 came across 2 paddys holding small dorado no bulls and no bites

Upvote 0

Hookup562

Mar 29, 2020
Long Beach
Name
Brandon
Boat

Nice grade yellows on the floating bush is good, more dode will funnel in. Can be a day saver. Stops boats also and could cause a flotilla diversion to stop boats looking for tuna

Hearing the same from the skippers in Diego. But in Long Beach Ray on the Toronado warned us anglers earlier in the year that the Albies and big bluefin will be heading to the Cortez this year. Makes complete sense. Thanks for the report.

Ray is the captain on Toronado out of Pierpoint landing. Warned us Cortez will be active. Good luck to y’all

Reactions: woodfish330
Upvote 0

Colonel Kurtz

The Horror
Apr 30, 2019
La Jolla, CA
Name
Walter E. Kurtz
Boat
Death From Above
I fish pretty frequently from a private boat offshore, and have done well this year so far. Expect to get fucked with when you're constantly saying stupid shit.

Reactions: RyanFlorida
Upvote 0

Hookup562

Mar 29, 2020
Long Beach
Name
Brandon
Boat
I fish pretty frequently from a private boat offshore, and have done well this year so far. Expect to get fucked with when you're constantly saying stupid shit.

The public pier doesn’t count. Goto the fucking other forum moron. You been a nuisance since I registered. If you’re married? I feel bad for your wife that’s how annoying you are.

Upvote 0

Rabid Fish

Jun 27, 2004
Southern California
Name
Alex
Boat
26'

I would love to see someone with a photo of a local albacore. At least they don't get mis-ID'd like bigeye LOL you know if you catch an albacore. I keep hearing so many rumors, and a guy with your positive track record on this forum I'd assume credible, but I just want to know where this rumor is coming from?

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Not my dope to be broadcasting locations publicly. Yah know that. If I did. I wouldn't have the info. Bigeye

FB_IMG_1593402249025.jpg

Reactions: XPL051v3
Upvote 0

finfan

Almost A Member
Aug 2, 2005
San Diego
Name
STEVEN
Boat
32' Blackfin FB
John! Where you been at brotherman? Good to hear from you! Yeah, we had a blast fishing with you, too. "What's the most important element of comedy?...." "Have you ever eaten beaver?" Can't go a work hitch without Shaun bringing that up. Some damn fine discourse. Laughing again as I write this. Great trips are truly made by so much more than just the fishing.
Tried to get to the Lupe again last year; missed it again. But had a great 7-day trip on the Supreme. We are actually fishing the Vag again this year, went all in wanting to slay some wahoo. 10-day leaving Oct 30th.
Appreciate the offer for fish. I'm actually drying about 15 lbs of wahoo, tuna and YT right now after brining all day. Will be smoking tomorrow. I'm trying to get my freezer down to empty before our trip, but thanks for the offer. Very generous.
A little tough financially for me to get in more than one trip a year right now. But I'll shoot you a PM. Would be great to get back on the water with you. I've had multiple 2-week "quarantines" between ABQ and Alaska (which or course I obeyed to the letter🙄) Makes a guy seriously stir crazy. Might be able to pull the trigger on another trip this year. Sanity requiring.
Trust you are well my friend.
get a room

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Sarcasm :D Look at the post above mine

And that tail has not hardcore traveled recently

Like the good grade YFTs available

Upvote 0