Saw a big fish today, he was hungry.

blowncar

Sep 8, 2013
Ocean Shores Washington/Mexico waters
Name
james
Boat
52' Hatteras C Lobos Del Mar
About 35 northwest of SD harbor we saw something odd on the water. As we got closer it looked like a very big sea lion had given up the ghost and was floating. About that time we saw Mr. Ghost appear and claim a couple really big pieces of meat. As we got within 100 feet he began his patrol ensuring he stayed between us and his prize. After 5 mins he figured we weren't poachers and put on a heck of a show ripping, flipping and chewing.

Pretty amazing thing to come across. If we threw out the crews hi and low length estimates 13-14 ft is probably spot on. Can post some video tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

watersdeep

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Great, something to look forward too. vid.

blowncar

Sep 8, 2013
Ocean Shores Washington/Mexico waters
Name
james
Boat
52' Hatteras C Lobos Del Mar
About 35 northwest of SD harbor we saw something odd on the water. As we got closer it looked like a very big sea lion had given up the ghost and was floating. About that time we saw Mr. Ghost appear and claim a couple really big pieces of meat. As we got within 100 feet he began his patrol ensuring he stayed between us and his prize. After 5 mins he figured we weren't poachers and put on a heck of a show ripping, flipping and chewing.

Pretty amazing thing to come across. If we threw out the crews hi and low length estimates 13-14 ft is probably spot on. Can post some video tomorrow.

Attachments

Reactions: JACKPOTER

carterantebi

I hate fishing
Oct 9, 2016
Coronado
Name
Carter
Boat
Pacific Queen!
Saw a whitey chowing down on a dog maybe a mile off Silver Strand today.

Reactions: jigsaurus

rodngun762

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 12, 2005
Name
Boat
Yep, big one. White Sharks are more rare than people think because most assume any shark they see over 8 feet out there is a white when its commonly a mako. But the dorsal on yours says GWS. I've haven't yet seen a big one, I'm really looking forward to it.