BD Den Momma
Feb 9, 2007
San Diego
Name
Nunya
Boat
S. S. Minnow
SAVE THE DATE: SATURDAY, July 26, 2014
CRYSTAL PIER KID'S ANNUAL FISHING DERBY! VOLUNTEERS NEEDED ONCE AGAIN!

We could REALLY use your help from 7:30 am until 3 pm to:
  • Set-up
  • Organize prizes
  • Cut bait
  • Rig lines
  • Help unhook fish for catch and release
  • Monitor the pier, untangle lines, etc.

We have 300 - 400 kids fishing this event FREE of charge each year. The kids and their families are provided loaner rods, bait, lunch and drinks, face-painting, TONS of great prizes and it's all free! It's a great way to give back to the community and to help the kids! Who is available to volunteer this year?

Link to posts and pics from 2012: http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/heavy-pics-crystal-pier-kids-fishing-derby-2012.443729/

Upvote 0

scoop

100 Ton Captain
May 24, 2006
San Diego
Name
Copper
Boat
Mako 184cc
How do we sign up?

SAVE THE DATE: SATURDAY, July 26, 2014
CRYSTAL PIER KID'S ANNUAL FISHING DERBY! VOLUNTEERS NEEDED ONCE AGAIN!

We could REALLY use your help from 7:30 am until 3 pm to:
  • Set-up
  • Organize prizes
  • Cut bait
  • Rig lines
  • Help unhook fish for catch and release
  • Monitor the pier, untangle lines, etc.

We have 300 - 400 kids fishing this event FREE of charge each year. The kids and their families are provided loaner rods, bait, lunch and drinks, face-painting, TONS of great prizes and it's all free! It's a great way to give back to the community and to help the kids! Who is available to volunteer this year?

Link to posts and pics from 2012: http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/heavy-pics-crystal-pier-kids-fishing-derby-2012.443729/

Upvote 0

nunyabizness1

BD Den Momma
Feb 9, 2007
San Diego
Name
Nunya
Boat
S. S. Minnow
How do we sign up?

Post here in this thread if you can volunteer. That would be fantastic! Then show up at the pier at 7:30 am and ask for me at the gate.

If you want to bring a kid to fish this event. Just show up that morning and get signed in at the gate entrance. No pre-registration!

Thank you!

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
Yes.

unless there are Dorado on the 9 mile bank........

:D

Upvote 0

Bada Bing

Instigator General
Apr 30, 2003
PB, CA
Name
JMH
Boat
Always a good one
Not sure if I'll be back in town by then but I'll try and make it again this year Mags...love those rotten little monsters :D

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
there are Dorado on the 9 mile bank.....

Upvote 0

Bada Bing

Instigator General
Apr 30, 2003
PB, CA
Name
JMH
Boat
Always a good one
Don't forget about this event this coming weekend. I still need your help volunteers!

Sorry Mags, I'm stuck in the hole of Central Cal. and my project wont be done for a couple more weeks. Wish I could be there to help ya'll like I said I would...it's a way better choice than what I got goin' on :D

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
Maggie, sorry but I have to take care of a leaking pump which potentially could disable our entire chiller system. I am not happy about having to work on a Saturday, believe me.....if we get if fixed early....(starting at 3AM), I'll come down and help.

Upvote 0

MoMo Fish

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 27, 2010
Ventura County
Name
Brooklyn!
May be able to come and help if I can find restrain able price hotel. My 2 boys are also to help other kids as well. Not sure why hotels this weekend are almost triple the norm. Is there some big event down in SD this weekend I'm not aware of?

Upvote 0