Cubeye

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
can properly protect the 3 % we need to shield from it. Im sorry, but you hiding in your house doesn't help that 92 year old that can't get food for himself. However, an able bodied person that has had it, beaten it, and is no longer contagious can though
I'm not sure, but I've read that there have been cases where people that have had it and beat it, have gotten reinfected. I have also heard that it is highly unlikely. Not only that, but it could take up to 8-10 years to find an effective vaccine. 18 months is bare minimum.

Last edited:

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Praying to the good spirits. That Covid 19 can not survive in the ocean for very long. From infected sewage. Evaporates and goes super airborne in the ocean breeze

For now. I'm listening to the captain and crew. And I do not think I know more then them. Especially considering I don't receive the same scientific memos

Time to slow down. Measuring a lingcod can wait. If they are even in season.

Always thought the US should clean up the TJ river. Considering what comes out of it and spills into other waters

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/c...s-should-stay-away-scientist-says/ar-BB127QKq
Do you realize the Tijuana river originates in Mexico ? Maybe Mexico should clean it up.We've tried to help and get zero cooperation.

Reactions: kindafishy and wils

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
Just to clarify,,,, what is “super airborne”? Also, water evaporates at 212°F. Do you believe a virus would survive that temperature?
I read somewhere that it can't survive at temperatures over 130 degrees F. Sorry, but theirs so much published about this subject, that I can't give you the source.

Spearo4Life

Concrete Cowboy
Apr 11, 2010
San Diego
Name
Derek
Boat
23' Blackman Albie Special "salty dream"
Water boils at 212. Can evaporate at any temp above freezing. Without getting too technical it has to do with equalization of molecules between the pooled water and unsaturated air. All you need is a little heat. Thermodynamics and statistical mechanics in place here.

Can this virus be transferred to the ocean and evaporated back into the air? It would need a saltwater mammal carrier and a host to multiply. Then to get coughed into a salt water solution, evaporate and find it’s way eventually into a human swimming or walking the beach?

Sounds like bullshit to me.

Reactions: marlyn

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
I'm not sure, but I've read that there have been cases where people that have had it and beat it, have gotten reinfected. Not only that, but it could take up to 8-10 years to find an effective vaccine. 18 months is bare minimum.
Maybe you can get a discounted rate for grocey delivery if you pay 18 months up front?

Can this virus be transferred to the ocean and evaporated back into the air?
Zinc kills this virus. Is there naturally occurring zinc in the oceans' waters?

Spearo4Life

Concrete Cowboy
Apr 11, 2010
San Diego
Name
Derek
Boat
23' Blackman Albie Special "salty dream"
Maybe you can get a discounted rate for grocey delivery if you pay 18 months up front?

Zinc kills this virus. Is there naturally occurring zinc in the oceans' waters?
Ocean water has a very high concentration of zinc. Testing should be done but I don’t think any land mammal viruses could survive that long.

Yet another reason I call bullshit on this ocean evap morning theory.

Reactions: rexor_rn and wils

HookEmDanO

Huhuhuge member
Jan 31, 2004
San Diego
Name
Dan
Boat
1997 Trophy 2352
Just to clarify,,,, what is “super airborne”? Also, water evaporates at 212°F. Do you believe a virus would survive that temperature?
water boils at 212

it evaporates at much lower temps

Reactions: plj46

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I practiced my right to feed my family today.I went to the grocery store and found everything i needed.

Reactions: Cubeye and Juanba

Y Go Home

Wage Slave
Nov 1, 2005
Name
me
Boat
I practiced my right to feed my family today.I went to the grocery store and found everything i needed.
Lucky bastard... nowadays, that accomplishment is better than any day fishing.

Disclaimer....the term bastard isn't meant to be derogatory.

Reactions: plj46

ZZZZZ

natural born jig slingers
Dec 11, 2003
Costa Rica. SD, Old Del Mar
Name
Boat
Jet Ski Yamaha FX Show. ZZZZZ
Like I said. I sure hope not and probably not likely in the US. Some testing is in order for raw human fecal matter. I know old houses who's septics go directly into the river here in central america then into the ocean. Not a big problem in the US but the TJ river. Swimming in the coronavirus would not be good

Not the same as all the rain water run off viruses in the ocean either. I get that

I think boiling is different then evaporating. Put a bucket of water in the sun and some will evaporate. Without boiling

Grew up on a seacliff/bluff in SD. 3 different street gutter pipes entering the ocean.

1 At 15th street Del Mar. Next to the playground

2. Between 12-13th

3. 8th street

Take a look at them durring a big rain. Blasting street gutter water into the ocean. Ten times a fire hose.

Every winter after a big rain. I would get flus that cause the fluorescent green lung butter. Would paddle out with contamination signs posted. When duck diving there is pressure in the side of the eye. Would get shots for hepatitis.

Sick from the ocean. Sucks

fishkilr

on the water
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
Like I said. I sure hope not and probably not likely in the US. Some testing is in order for raw human fecal matter. I know old houses who's septics go directly into the river here in central america then into the ocean. Not a big problem in the US but the TJ river. Swimming in the coronavirus would not be good

Not the same as all the rain water run off viruses in the ocean either. I get that

I think boiling is different then evaporating. Put a bucket of water in the sun and some will evaporate. Without boiling

Grew up on a seacliff/bluff in SD. 3 different street gutter pipes entering the ocean.

1 At 15th street Del Mar. Next to the playground

2. Between 12-13th

3. 8th street

Take a look at them durring a big rain. Blasting street gutter water into the ocean. Ten times a fire hose.

Every winter after a big rain. I would get flus that cause the fluorescent green lung butter. Would paddle out with contamination signs posted. When duck diving there is pressure in the side of the eye. Would get shots for hepatitis.

Sick from the ocean. Sucks
Used to love a super hollow spot that was created by ballona creek south breakwall..
Water was nuclear but back then didnt care...
The bay mostly gets graded a these days but Malibu usually an f...

ZZZZZ

natural born jig slingers
Dec 11, 2003
Costa Rica. SD, Old Del Mar
Name
Boat
Jet Ski Yamaha FX Show. ZZZZZ
It most likely is bs but the article is interesting

Since it was asked. There is much more breeze along the beach and over the ocean. A virus that is also light in weight will travel in the air much further then 6 feet in windy conditions. Then non windy conditions. Heavier the wind the further the virus floats and travels through the air.

Regardless of where it came from. Could of floated off someone walking. Further travel in wind.

Like casting a jig down wind.The jig flys further

Kinda like a animal carrier.
Drying a wetsuit. I hang it in shade and if I want the wetsuit to dry faster, for a second surf or spearfish session. I hang the wetsuit in the sun so it drys faster from the water evaporating do to the sun. I do not dry wetsuits in boiling water

Hang freshly washed clothes on a clothes line in the sun. Not boil the clothes to dry them

Also at the beach. A wet towel will dry faster in the sun then in the shade

I do doubt its possible to swim in Covid 19. But maybe the next election virus will survive in water

Fyi :D

After the first big rains, have gotton sick. From the the storm gutter drains and rivermouths Torrey Pines, DM, Cardiff, Leucadia, Carlsbad, and Oceanside. Have all issued viruses to me after that first big rain, teen early 20s didn't care. From the rivermouths and bays flushing out

One of the best tube waves in Santa Cruz. After the first big rain or few. Good chance of getting sick surfing after the mouth just blows out. Crowd control

Thats why surfers really don't like polluted water or closed beaches do to contamination, its a warning not to go into our playground. Most do not see it because they live inland. Fishing does not close when the water is contaminated

Last edited:

fishkilr

on the water
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
One of the best tube waves in Santa Cruz.
Lived in capitola a few years as a kid and 1st jetty is highly underrated for barrels...that was a good thing cause it's such a tiny spot ...the backwash comin off the wall ..toes over breaking way off the beach with super long rides which is what most guys came to surf..climbing down the cliff at the hook.....watching the sun rise over the water at the lane .....catching bat rays at privates....those years up there were awesome...wonder how much of it looks and breaks the same now...

Reactions: ZZZZZ