inSTANt bendo

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 1, 2003
Temecula
Name
Stan
Boat
Outrider
Left Point Loma Sportfishing at 5am with my wife, son and daughter (both slept all day! Teenagers...) and friends Chris and Ryan with a focus on skipping the yummy all day on our 3/4 day trip. Go big or go home was the call. We went big! Not as big as their 226# a couple days ago but still a nice fish at 134# bled out according to Five Star's scale. We went 1 for 2 on the kite.

Beautiful day on the water, great crew, fun fishing and fresh fish! Capt. Jeff has a new pet name around the docks these days...."Big Tuna Kahuna"!! LOL

Looking forward to our 1.5 day coming up..

IMG_0301.JPG IMG_0303.JPG IMG_0305.JPG

Last edited:

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Good job skipping. Did your younger crew wake up to pull a little?

Gotta love teens.... mine slept all the way from L A to cabo. Only with the occasional "blessing of their presence" , with " this is cool" .. when do we eat?

surfgoose

active geezer
Jul 29, 2010
Long Beach, CA, USA
Name
Gary
Boat
whichever has the longest bunk
Excellent-- It proves that Thursday's cow wasn't just luck. Capt. Eric may have to break down and buy a couple of Bluefin flags to carry on the boat.

Reactions: inSTANt bendo

sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
Sorry to be off topic but is it true that Eric will be running the Eclipse? Never had the pleasure of fishing with him but I have a hunch he will restore the reputation of that operation.

Edit - Checked Facebook (rarely go there!) and see is already on it - best of luck

inSTANt bendo

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 1, 2003
Temecula
Name
Stan
Boat
Outrider
Sorry to be off topic but is it true that Eric will be running the Eclipse? Never had the pleasure of fishing with him but I have a hunch he will restore the reputation of that operation.

Edit - Checked Facebook (rarely go there!) and see is already on it - best of luck
Yes, Eric and I bought the Eclipse and he will be running it with Capt. Karl Mondt as our second and relief captain. First charter departs this week!!

Reactions: SauerFish Charters

lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
La Mesa, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
Nice kite work! Gotta love fishing with teens. I don't even ask my 14yo son if he wants to go "Fishing" anymore. I usually say "Hey, you wanna go sleeping tomorrow?"

Reactions: SauerFish Charters