CameronGamble

Farmer
  • Mar 30, 2022
    Encinitas
    Name
    Cameron Gamble
    Boat Name
    no
    Hell of a weekend with the boys on the SauerFish. Captain James is a hell of a waterman, I have never left his boat without quality fish.

Planned this trip two months ago, for my close friend Johnnys bachelor party. He got married during covid and the wedding got canceled, so we figured we would arrange a trip to make up for lost time. Johnny has never fished BFT, and he landed a 105 and a 210.

Left the dock late, one of the boys got held up at work and we had to wait for him. We were the last boat to leave the fuel dock around 8pm. No harm no foul, because we woke up at 4am and plucked away at BFT until boat limits by 5pm.

In the morning, we got hammered on the knife jigs, Rip Rollers 300-400 grams - Stand out being red and yellow striped. Safe to say ketchup and mustard gets bit! Hooked 7, landed 4 all over 100 pounds.

Late morning, slid out west and found multiple schools of 20-50 pounders. Never more than 30 min without seeing action. Landed 8 solid fish.

Heard some chatter that the big ones were eating, went back to morning grounds and plucked away at 80-210 pounders until we hit limits for the boat.

Slept like a baby on the way home, hell of a trip.

SauerFish is a great boat, with a great crew. Highly recommend booking a trip with James, Brian, and Jake this season!

5BFFBFCE-CC63-44AA-9105-95E0FAC6B94B.JPG

E0A4F36B-B13D-4B33-B94D-2D1860DC4F30.JPG

0DCC1C96-EDD1-4E50-8C67-230098EC0B2A.JPG

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Whalerboat

Jun 8, 2009
    San Diego
    Name
    Skippy
    Boat Name
    22 Whaler Outrage
    I have never fished wth these guys, but have seen them in action many times over the years from my skiff. A total class act in every way. Several years ago while our two boats were fishing the same school of biting yellowfin, the Captain and crew made the effort to pass by and complement my two young sons on how well they were doing. That is the kind of thing, coming from a professional outfit, that makes two young kids feel 10 feet tall, and demonstrates the kind of operation they run. Little things like that make you feel proud to be part of our community. Outstanding sportsmanship!

Upvote 0

bradnoble

Backcountry Snowboarder
    Aug 8, 2009
    Steamboat Springs, Colorado
    Name
    Brad
    Boat Name
    19' Glasstron
    I have never fished wth these guys, but have seen them in action many times over the years from my skiff. A total class act in every way. Several years ago while our two boats were fishing the same school of biting yellowfin, the Captain and crew made the effort to pass by and complement my two young sons on how well they were doing. That is the kind of thing, coming from a professional outfit, that makes two young kids feel 10 feet tall, and demonstrates the kind of operation they run. Little things like that make you feel proud to be part of our community. Outstanding sportsmanship!
    Now that captain is a true gentleman!😎

Upvote 0