Donkey Nick

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 16, 2012
Hollywood, CA, USA
Name
Nick Shamrock
Boat
Shamrock 246 Walkaround
Moderator, please hand me the keys to the lock....
It's all good Paddyman. Everyone once in a while, people get aggressive and even physical (as in this alleged example) by the allege Captain. If this did happen, shouldn't people be held accountable? I would be furious.

Isaiah M. R.

Nov 9, 2010
Ocean Beach
Name
Isaiah
Boat
60' Viking
Sounds like you are a kook and you know it. I bet you would complain at the zoo if you climbed into the gorilla exhibit and the gorilla attacked you.

get some

So Cal Editor
BD Writer
May 1, 2005
LBC
Name
Erik
Boat
Robalo 226 Cayman
This is one of the biggest reasons I spend most of my time fishing bass. I can understand wanting to go out and catch a few tuna, but willingly participating in the mother of all gang bangs is just a recipe for frustration. Sorry to hear about the negative interaction you had with a sport boat. While your transgression might have been minor, yours was probably the hundredth boat that day that had violated their personal space and was the unlucky recipient of their wrath. All that being said, the caster of the lure acted irresponsibly and was in the wrong.

Paddyman1

A mossback is better than a hairy back
Nov 7, 2010
La Costa Izquierda
Name
Steve
Boat
N/A
It's all good Paddyman. Everyone once in a while, people get aggressive and even physical (as in this alleged example) by the allege Captain. If this did happen, shouldn't people be held accountable? I would be furious.
Totally get it, Nick!

Cooler heads prevail, and also keeps the blood pressure in check. Yes, I would be pissed and unfortunately I've seen worse, but I try to avoid confrontation, as well as boats with mean or delirious people on them.

My hothead days are past me (for the most part). :boobies::boobies::boobies:

Last edited:

Paddyman1

Nov 7, 2010
La Costa Izquierda
Name
Steve
Boat
N/A
This is one of the biggest reasons I spend most of my time fishing bass. I can understand wanting to go out and catch a few tuna, but willingly participating in the mother of all gang bangs is just a recipe for frustration. Sorry to hear about the negative interaction you had with a sport boat. While your transgression might have been minor, yours was probably the hundredth boat that day that had violated their personal space and was the unlucky recipient of their wrath. All that being said, the caster of the lure acted irresponsibly and was in the wrong.
I concur.

Isaiah M. R.

Nov 9, 2010
Ocean Beach
Name
Isaiah
Boat
60' Viking
So you feel that kooks deserve to be assaulted?
No, but having a gap between boats (casting distance) prevents this from happening. I highly doubt it was the captain of old glory that threw the iron. Boating is about safety. Drifting within casting distance of a boat with 30+ competitive anglers is not safe.

Reactions: MDC and joshc1024

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
Sounds like you are a kook and you know it. I bet you would complain at the zoo if you climbed into the gorilla exhibit and the gorilla attacked you.
Just wondering Isaiah, does the "M. R." in your name stand for mental retard? I think you sound like a belligerent little shit, or are you a big smelly turd? Either way.......:fighting0061:

Reactions: Alcapone805

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
FORTUNA -- Parker 2510 XLD
Two wrongs, one legal, one not.

Jackass move to poach others fish and drifting too close is an easy fix. Sounds like you're just part of the problem out there.

Old glory was wrong to do what they did and should be held accountable for their actions. Safe to say that flatfall could have badly hurt someone. Just crazy to do that over fishing? I understand the Glorys frustrations, but they crossed the line.

Hardcore don't give up such quality intel, bow poaching is or was my best kept secret! Lol

Paddyman1

Nov 7, 2010
La Costa Izquierda
Name
Steve
Boat
N/A
Ralphs is having a 50% off all pork sale. Time to fire up those smokers!

Have a superfantastic day!

Reactions: Donkey Nick

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
You could charter the boat one day and pee in his coffee ? Just saying ...............I'm sick , I know .Lol.

Reactions: apogee

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
If you were so close that you could identify which person on the boat was the captain you were definitely to close

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
If you were so close that you could identify which person on the boat was the captain you were definitely to close
Who is responsible for the boat and it's compliment and passengers? Who? What part of I ventured too close during my drift did you not understand fully? I did it...If I was two feet away, that does not give anybody the right to assault. If that missile would have hit my passenger or me in the head, it could have been fatal and at the very least GBI....Ap

joshc1024

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 23, 2009
oceanside/ca/US
Name
Josh
Boat
none
Who is responsible for the boat and it's compliment and passengers? Who? What part of I ventured too close during my drift did you not understand fully? I did it...If I was two feet away, that does not give anybody the right to assault. If that missile would have hit my passenger or me in the head, it could have been fatal and at the very least GBI....Ap
So, how do you know it was the captain?

Omarkayak

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 26, 2007
Northridge, CA
Name
Bills
Boat
11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
Musta had on one of those sporty captains' hats...

Good fishin'!
BDC OK