Sato Custom Rods - Brent Ikari

Dexter Outdoors
Mar 18, 2011
SoCal
Name
Doug
Boat
Royal Polaris
I just wanted to inform the LR community that our good friend and world class rod builder (Sato Custom Rods and retired LBPD), Brent Ikari passed away earlier this week after a 2 year battle with cancer. If it wasn't for his passion of LR fishing, many of us would have never had the pleasure of meeting him. He was quite the character and we had insane amounts of fun while LR fishing or at the FHS.....the laughs, jokes and infectious smile always lit up everyone around him.

Also I just wanted to extend a very heart felt thank you to everyone who played a part in our fishing lives that allowed us to actually create these memories with Brent. I wanted to pay a very special thank you to Captain Roy Rose and the Crew of the Royal Polaris for taking extra special care of Brent and his son Brandon on their very last father / son Long Range trip to Guadalupe Island this past August. I also wanted to say thank you to Captain Kevin Osborne, Captain Sam Moore and the Crew of the Intrepid for putting up with all of our crazy shenanigans which ultimately lead to hysterical laughs, friendships and lifelong bonds between the crew and passengers.Thank you so much for the great memories. We're going to miss him a lot......

3 amigos.jpg
bb.jpg
bb1.jpg
bb3.jpg
brandon2.jpg
brent rp.jpg
ConBrentDoug.jpg
rp tuna.jpg
rp tuna1.jpg
ryan and brent.jpg
Intrepid 7-13 208.jpg

Upvote 0

Second Row

You Should Have Been Here Yesterday
Aug 8, 2008
Newport
Name
Scott
Boat
21' Grady White - Rusty Hook
He was a really good guy.. I'm going to miss him

Upvote 0

Anglewood

Up to no good...
Feb 16, 2012
Culver City, CA
Name
Connor
Boat
Intrepid, New Del Mar
Brent was a friend and great fun to fish with. I am also lucky enough to have a few custom rods wrapped by him. I'll remember him each time I fish one of his rods.

Here is a photo from the benefit that his family put on shortly after he got sick.

-Connor

Upvote 0