Offshore Sat O'side Run Inner Waters Quiet

Sep 25, 2015
Oceanside
Name
Wacker
Boat
Trophy
Went out of O'side at daybreak, Headed south and out off of Encinitas. Found first kelp 10 miles out at about 7:00. Lots of really good marks at 20 to 50 ft. Fly line sardines, flatfalls, and slow troll live baits for an hour, no luck. Trolled cedar plug and feather for a little bit, saw another good school on the meter, repeat process, nothing, next kelp paddy much bigger one and same nice meter marks, but unfortunately same results.

At at about 12 miles out we decided to troll N parallel to the coast and from there on out just a blank blue screen.

Had some stuff to do so called it a morning and came in at 11:00.

Enough encouragement that even though we were skunked I am ready to go try again soon. But unless intel changes I think next time it will be out to the 302 zone.

If any of you hard core guys have any advice on ways to get schools to come up and play I would love to hear it.

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Brother...dont feel bad at all. "Exploratory " trips are very common for tuna. Just because you returned with no fish.... doesnt mean it was a failure. Early in EVERY season.... when fish move great distances its ALL exploratory. It was a nice day on the water. Wind in your hair. salt spray on your face....time with good friends... those are a great "benifits"!! Next time....when you go.... it'll be your turn. Good luck brother... keep up the desire.... and the fish will come.

Upvote 0

Kman

Apr 7, 2003
    So Cal
    Name
    Kurt
    Boat
    Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
    How is the bait situation in Oceanside? Is it open when the sign says it’s open? Used to be they showed up when they felt like it, often an hour late.

Upvote 0

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
    west coast
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    a fish killing center console
    Went out of O'side at daybreak, Headed south and out off of Encinitas. Found first kelp 10 miles out at about 7:00. Lots of really good marks at 20 to 50 ft. Fly line sardines, flatfalls, and slow troll live baits for an hour, no luck. Trolled cedar plug and feather for a little bit, saw another good school on the meter, repeat process, nothing, next kelp paddy much bigger one and same nice meter marks, but unfortunately same results.

At at about 12 miles out we decided to troll N parallel to the coast and from there on out just a blank blue screen.

Had some stuff to do so called it a morning and came in at 11:00.

Enough encouragement that even though we were skunked I am ready to go try again soon. But unless intel changes I think next time it will be out to the 302 zone.

If any of you hard core guys have any advice on ways to get schools to come up and play I would love to hear it.
    throw dollar bills at them???

Upvote 0