Sat., July 23rd report- 425 to Hidden bank

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Can't Parker, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Can't Parker

Can't Parker Me

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    2530 Parker
    Fished about 10 below the 425, inside the hidden bank this morning. Not many boats in the area, sounds like some may have ran longer.

At 7:30 caught a single jig fish, 25 pounds @ 3207 11725 and double jig strike / fish and 2 bait fish @ 3205-11725, all jumbo's, max was 30 pounds caught on bait. Total of 5 fat ones, no peanuts. They seemed to like the small dark jet heads.

Turned back real early aprox. 9:30 after that as my crew was feeling green and we had enough fish. (Alright, it was me okay...but there was no puking, involved honest.) Home by 12:30 with slabbed fish and gassed the boat.

Water was calm outside and 65.8, 70.3 inside! Lots and lots of bait jumping in the water. Only saw one small patty and no one was home. Saw a couple of jumpers near 3205-11725. Also, saw a couple of small puddlers and trolled right through the area with no luck on the way up before the 425. Looked like small bft to me, but fish didn't hit the jigs and they didn't stick around.

There was a little mixed swell near around the islands and inside, other than that real smooooth... Sure there was more fish in the area if we stuck around. Heard radio fish outside of us and on the 371 in the am.

2. Surfdoc

Surfdoc The finger in the Dyke!

Name:
    Stan
    Boat:
    Mx Panga, MOJAC
    Nice report... congrats on the fish!

Did ya fish the 18' parker or another boat?

3. seaswirl2101

seaswirl2101 Newbie

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    21, seaswirl cuddy cabin
    Congrats on the chickens...going out on monday..cant wait.

Dave

4. Can't Parker

Can't Parker Me

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    2530 Parker
    FD- The 18" Parker today

5. Genelie

Genelie Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Gene Horner
    Boat:
    210 Triumph 21' genelie
    Glad to see ya got out. I was up and ready to go....but it was still thunder and lightin and pooring at my house....decided to stay home.

6. sealskinner

sealskinner Retired Pimp

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Franks ho
    Thanks for the report. Those chickens are getting bigger everyweek and closer. Great job and thanks for the info on the jetheads. I have some but no dark colors.

7. Foss

Foss Senior Fossil

Name:
    Jack
    Boat:
    Not My Ride
    WTG Doug!
    Was wondering how you were doing when the wind came up this morning. It was blowing out of the southwest at about 12 knots on the big bay by 9 a.m. But by then you were just about headed back in!
    You better see a doc, bro, cause I know you don't get seasick!
    BTW: Did one of your friends call over here today? The message got erased before I could hear it.