Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
Its a classic 18 ft BWO.
No room for the display.
Maybe you could mount it to the rail with a RAM mount.
Most likely it would have to be attached to the pipe.
The single 6" plate W/O backing would not work for me.
If you build one, you should mount it to the console and the deck.
The first time someone grabs that thing because you hit a swell it's likely to come off the floor.

Console 1.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Donkey Nick

Jul 16, 2012
Hollywood, CA, USA
Name
Nick Shamrock
Boat
Shamrock 246 Walkaround
We caught one bass, about 13" and what looked to be a legal cuda.
I have not been out in fog where it was foggy at the island as well. That would be a serious issue. As for the big container ships not making noise, not true. The first time We ran into fog in the chan we discovered that you can here them. This was about 20yrs ago. You hear this chug chug chug sound, not to fast. Then this big black wall shows up in the fog. You can see the props are not fully submerged because she is empty. That will get you buddy to help you search for objects in the fog! Radar would be nice, but you kind of need to have something to attach it too like a Tee top or a hard top or maybe a arch.
We did find one guy that seemed to be heading in the wrong direction, a container ship (lots of lights) a couple of small boat wakes and the flyer (big wake!). No 20 knts we were running at 16Knts for the most part going and 16 to 21 on the flip side. Going fast in small boats hurts too much.
I hope you are either joking or trolling for comments. Bro...if you don't care about your own safety, that's your own deal...but you are putting others at risk. Basically, you're not acting responsible or smart. It's called being stupid, but i won't go there.

Upvote 0

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
No man, it all true. Whats life if not a little adventure right?
You can stay at the dock if you like. FYI there was a 17ft Whaler at the island that day as well. I'm not sure where they came from or how they got there. I guess it's not about the size of the boat but I never took my 17ft Whaler there fog or no fog. But then last year I meet a guy at wash down on a 17ft Whaler. They had just got back from fishing on the back side of SCI and had some BFT to show for it. It sounds like a long hard day to me, but it was working for them.
Fish on my man Fish on.
Life is short, even shorter if you are not careful.
See ya on the water.

Reactions: onehottip
Upvote 0