Sashimi bottom fishing charter off waikiki

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Fishing Reports Forum' started by peesherman, May 15, 2011.

1. peesherman

peesherman Newbie

Name:
    Newellie
    Boat:
    -
    So I always wanted to go bottom fishing and I found this charter called ''Sashimi fishing charter''. Theyre located in kewalos and they take the boat off of waikiki. I was able to get the price down to $42 from $80 something. I saw a handful of reviews form 2010 and all of them said that it is was a waste of time and the captain was ignorant. Passengers said that out of 24 people, only 10 fish were caught. The ''hawaiian'' bbq as crap. The ''included gear'' was walmart special poles that were barely functional. Its a night bottom fishing charter. NOTE: I am not looking for huge monsters. Just some awe'weo, weke, papio, toau. Simple kine stuff.

They list that a bbq meal is included, drinks, bait, tackle, etc. Too good to be true? I think a guy named Tiger is the owner and Bob is the captain? Something along those lines...

Anyways, just wondering if any of you other boaters have heard of them. Im taking my friend for his birthday and the girlfriend as well. Last thing I would want is for this trip to be a total bust.

Worse comes to worse, Any of you guys offer ''private'' charters? Tuesday will be the only day that all of three of us are off and it will have to be at night. Pretty short notice, but worth a shot I guess.

My number is 783-9736. Call me or text me if anything.

Storm

2. SloTroller

SloTroller Newbie

Name:
    Dean
    Boat:
    McKee Craft Southporter 17.5', MaryTime
    I videotaped a charter aboard that boat a few years ago. A lot of people are fishing simultaneously, and it's intended for novices.

Whatever is caught is often cooked right there on the boat.

If you've never gone fishing and want to hang out with friends it's OK. The skipper is certainly outgoing and sociable. However, I don't care much for crowds.

If I didn't have things that absolutely had to be delivered in the next three days, I'd try to get you guys out there at night. I know a few good spots. Night fishing has become one of my favorite fishing activities after Walt showed me how it's done... Well, technically he showed everyone who watched that show how it's done.

3. peesherman

peesherman Newbie

Name:
    Newellie
    Boat:
    -
    Hey Dean, thanks for the reply. I havent been on a boat in years! I stick to mainly Ulua fishing from shore. I was planning on bringing my own gear, rigs and bait. Ive also read some reviews where the captain ran out of bait and had to end the trip early? :eek2:. Although, I gave my friend a call today and told him everything I read... he said ''No worries, well have fun''. But something inside of me says otherwise.

Ill send you a PM though...

4. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
    i've gone on it before. yes it's wal-mart gear and yes it's "fun fishing" went with the wife and got a good buzz on and had fun catching ta'ape and other reef critters. its not "serious offshore fishing", but that can be a good thing at times. we had captain tiger sociable enough guy, but i did'nt go there with a "big game" attitude more of a touristy "hell why not" attitude. if your gonna go and take your own gear i would suggest taking your own bait, the bait they use is little strips of squid.

5. peesherman

peesherman Newbie

Name:
    Newellie
    Boat:
    -
    Thanks JHB. I guess ill give it a shot! Better bring my own ''hawaiian bbq'' too I guess. lol!

EDIT: Nevermind. Just called them. I spoke to some guy, but didnt ask for his name. Now im very upset. The japanese lady I originally spoke to said that I could keep whatever I caught. Now this guy told me I either have to cook it on the boat or release it. Wheres the fun in that!