killerfin

You fight like a girl !!!
Sep 6, 2006
santa ana
Name
Felipe
Boat
Your Mama
Left here 9/23 at 2am from newport beach. for those of you going down to san Quintin the road suck ass from The bufadora till you get to the frist check point. After that you have to be very careful with the cows. came home 9/26 no problems coming back besides the roads being fixed and slow coming back..

The frist day of fishing, we had to go from san marocs island to santa rosalia to make bait. making bait was very slow and only mad about 15 big eye . We went to 110 to fish for yellowtails and it was very slow to. I think the bait were bigger then the yellowtails we caught on salas6x jr mack color. they were about 8 to 12lbs. then we haed to the rooster fish spot and thats when the fun began. my frist fish went about 40 to 45 lbs . All the fish where CPR except for one that was gill hooked. there to pretty to kill . 2 rat yt and 8 rooster fish the second day was the same . very slow 3rat ty and about 9 to 10 roster fish all released to fight an other day...

Attachments

fishshirts

Mar 12, 2005
La jolla, CA
Name
Doug Moranville
Boat
Cabo 216 Stroker V
Awesome Felipe. Congrats on the Roosters and it is great that you release them.
that's the way it should be.

killerfin

Sep 6, 2006
santa ana
Name
Felipe
Boat
Your Mama
They fight hard thats for sure. what i liked was how they boil on the bait when your slow trolling it. They beat the crap out of it. It was a nice relaxing trip for me.

bajajeffy

Oct 30, 2007
Las Vegas NV
Name
Jeff Vogl
Boat
21ft. Proline Bahamachi
Right on. Nice roosters. My Avatar rooster came from the same place I imagine. We nailed em this time last year. Nice to see they are back. Heading down in a week

killerfin

Sep 6, 2006
santa ana
Name
Felipe
Boat
Your Mama
Yes looks like the same spot left side of san marcos island. Dont for get that you will have to get bait in the marina of santa rosalia. Some days its easy to make bait but other days its hard. good luck to you

Right on. Nice roosters. My Avatar rooster came from the same place I imagine. We nailed em this time last year. Nice to see they are back. Heading down in a week

hotrail20

Intrepid 200 LB Club
May 28, 2006
Chino,Ca
Name
Leonard
Boat
Yours
I thought you were going to call me Nice fish anyway hope you got your reel parts

bajajeffy

Oct 30, 2007
Las Vegas NV
Name
Jeff Vogl
Boat
21ft. Proline Bahamachi
Yes looks like the same spot left side of san marcos island. Dont for get that you will have to get bait in the marina of santa rosalia. Some days its easy to make bait but other days its hard. good luck to you
Yeah, bait was a major hassle last year. Same deal, the harbor for a chance at bait. I caught a few on the iron last time also. Awesome hit or explosion I should say 15ft. from the boat. I saw you last November. I was on "Mad Dog". Gotta fish with you one of these times.

killerfin

Sep 6, 2006
santa ana
Name
Felipe
Boat
Your Mama
I remeber you , You guys where fishing the iron that day. I am going down there in November again if you want to go fishing . It will be on the Thanksgiving weekend. PM if you want to go...

Felipe

Yeah, bait was a major hassle last year. Same deal, the harbor for a chance at bait. I caught a few on the iron last time also. Awesome hit or explosion I should say 15ft. from the boat. I saw you last November. I was on "Mad Dog". Gotta fish with you one of these times.

ARTURO

Mar 6, 2006
Downey, CA / Punta Chivato
Name
Arturo
Boat
22ft.Striper
Felipe...Sorry to but in, but I would love to make the drive out there in November.
Jus drop me off @ Palo Verde Or come stay with at our house in P.C.
Or what ever works best for you. I can always meet up with you in the Am in San Bruno for Fishing cuz I know you always stay @ Dan's house on the Island.
How long do you plan on staying out there? Dude lets do this... I have room at the house for about 3 "Respectable People"

Swarthy Dago

Coredor de las olas
Aug 20, 2008
USA
Name
My name is Nobody
Boat
n/a
Arturo, how long are you planning to travel, fish, travel ?

killerfin

Sep 6, 2006
santa ana
Name
Felipe
Boat
Your Mama
art once i find out if my vactions get approved. I will give the days that iw ill be down there for. We will split the cost for the charter of the boat and you can stay at the island at dannys house if you like . but i will keep you posted..

Felipe...Sorry to but in, but I would love to make the drive out there in November.
Jus drop me off @ Palo Verde Or come stay with at our house in P.C.
Or what ever works best for you. I can always meet up with you in the Am in San Bruno for Fishing cuz I know you always stay @ Dan's house on the Island.
How long do you plan on staying out there? Dude lets do this... I have room at the house for about 3 "Respectable People"

bluehorizon

Oct 12, 2009
carlsbad ca usa
Name
JIM
Boat
55' hoquiam
Hey Felipe- Fished with Mike (san marcos) long time ago 15yrs. - told me about Roosterfishing down there-WOW didnt realize it got that good. NICE. Dont forget my offer still stands-JIM

killerfin

Sep 6, 2006
santa ana
Name
Felipe
Boat
Your Mama
Jim,
I didn't know that they caught Roosterfish at Sam Marcos Island. That was my first Rooster fish and all I can say is wow. They are very beautiful fish and fish hard till the end. I lost your number please PM it to me.

Hey Felipe- Fished with Mike (san marcos) long time ago 15yrs. - told me about Roosterfishing down there-WOW didnt realize it got that good. NICE. Dont forget my offer still stands-JIM

bajajeffy

Oct 30, 2007
Las Vegas NV
Name
Jeff Vogl
Boat
21ft. Proline Bahamachi
Jim,
I didn't know that they caught Roosterfish at Sam Marcos Island. That was my first Rooster fish and all I can say is wow. They are very beautiful fish and fish hard till the end. I lost your number please PM it to me.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fishman1

May 25, 2010
Visalia/CA/USA
Name
Fidel
Boat
19.5 chapparal
Left here 9/23 at 2am from newport beach. for those of you going down to san Quintin the road suck ass from The bufadora till you get to the frist check point. After that you have to be very careful with the cows. came home 9/26 no problems coming back besides the roads being fixed and slow coming back..

The frist day of fishing, we had to go from san marocs island to santa rosalia to make bait. making bait was very slow and only mad about 15 big eye . We went to 110 to fish for yellowtails and it was very slow to. I think the bait were bigger then the yellowtails we caught on salas6x jr mack color. they were about 8 to 12lbs. then we haed to the rooster fish spot and thats when the fun began. my frist fish went about 40 to 45 lbs . All the fish where CPR except for one that was gill hooked. there to pretty to kill . 2 rat Yellowtail and 8 rooster fish the second day was the same . very slow 3rat ty and about 9 to 10 roster fish all released to fight an other day...
:hali_olutta: Hey Felipe, It looked like nice calm seas! Being on the water fishing catching anything is better that sitting here wishing I was out their fishing too! Looked like a Great Time!