killerfin

You fight like a girl !!!
Sep 6, 2006
santa ana
Name
Felipe
Boat
Your Mama
Went down to Santa Rosalia for Thanks giving weekend to fish. The drive down was pretty smooth till you get to Cantvia they were doing road work I would say about 3 miles of dirt road till you hit pavement and after that the ride was very smooth there. I did not have any problems with thieves or the cops. I got there Tuesday at 10am and was greeted in San Bruno by Danny. We went across to San Marcos Island were I would spend the next few days at. In the evening I was asked if I wanted to get a tour of the back side of the Island and I jumped on it. Danny ,Irwin and myself each take a fishing pole just in case. The Island is pretty big and has some really nice sandy beaches on the back side as we are getting to the west side of the island we see the birds going crazy on the top of the water Danny guns it to were there birds are the yellow tails are boil hard on the bait these tails are better grade 25 to 40lbs. We cast into the boils and we have triple hook up I hooked a beast on 60lb test and the drag is on the reel is close to buttoned down it took 150 yards of line in 3 runs fought it for about 5 mins and it pops off. Danny and Irwin get there fish to gaff and were off to chase the birds again. Next stop we get one fish to bite I got lucky this time and got that fish to the boat. We did this a few more times and total was 5 fish. Danny 2, Irwin 2 and myself 2. That's was fun fishing. Wednesday went out made bait in front of Santa Rosalia Marina it took us 10 min to make about 40 pieces of bait we were off to the 110 bajo.The fishing was very slow we only had three fish for the day. It poured cats and dogs Wednesday night. Woke up Thursday and it looked pretty rough as we made our way out we found out it was really rough we made it across to San Lucas cove and made bait for about 2 hours once we had about 20 pieces of bait were off to the 110 there is a total of four boat out there slowly they all start leaving we have the 110 to our self's and we start our first drift over the reef and get bit we did this till our bait was all gone total we got 8 big. On our way back to San Marcos we see a boat that is in trouble it was being banged by the wave on the rocks by shore. So we race over to the boat and I cast my jig over there boat and tell them to put the anchor rope to the jig. I get the rope to the boat and tie it done it took us a few tries to to get the boat off the rocks once off the rocks we tow the boat to San Marcos Island The kids of the boat were pretty shaken up but safe. The prop had fallen off and the current was strong. They were pushed to shore very fast. It turns out that to be Art a fellow bloody Decker that we helped out. So Thursday we caught 9 tails and 1 boat lol. I had to leave Friday the fore cast for the next few days was un-fishable the drive back was smooth no problems and the bad patch of road was paved in Cantvia. A note to all that are bring fish back to the states you will be sent to second revision due to some jack ass bring drugs in the fish so be ready to pull all your fish out of the ice chest.

Attachments

I hate seals

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 24, 2004
SD
Name
Bryan Z
Boat
36' Hatteras
Wow, great YT!!!

Zed

W...X...Y...
Mar 22, 2004
W of 5
Name
Z
Boat
Yak or Cattle; NO Goats
Nevermind.

Last edited:

ARTURO

Mar 6, 2006
Downey, CA / Punta Chivato
Name
Arturo
Boat
22ft.Striper
hey felipe got your message....Thanks for bailing us out of that situation.
Were all back here in the states the drive was smooth just the crossing the border was a 3hrs wait. other then almost dieing everything went good.
you Know we went fishing the next day on a panga and managed to land one.
you guys killed em way to go. Maybe we could meet again sometime let me know,
You dont live to far from where i live I'll give you a call.

sdfishkiller

Cod Smuggler
Mar 13, 2005
Point Loma
Name
Todd Victor Mora
Boat
19' Whaler: EL SUPER LIZARDFISH
Great Report & Trip.
What kind of boat is that in the pic?
It is a Boston Whaler. I believe a 20' Guardian (military model), if not then an Outrage.

Excellent report, fish and rescue!

killerfin

Sep 6, 2006
santa ana
Name
Felipe
Boat
Your Mama
Any time Art and buy the way you you guys were to small to keep lol. right place right time.

hey felipe got your message....Thanks for bailing us out of that situation.
Were all back here in the states the drive was smooth just the crossing the border was a 3hrs wait. other then almost dieing everything went good.
you Know we went fishing the next day on a panga and managed to land one.
you guys killed em way to go. Maybe we could meet again sometime let me know,
You dont live to far from where i live I'll give you a call.

Its 4 Reel

Nov 2, 2005
Ensenada Baja Mexico
www.its4reels.com
Name
Capt. Louie Prieto
Boat
23' Parker - It's 4 Reels!
Excellent report and pics Felipe. Too think I could have been on that trip. Damn! Oh well maybe next time.

P.S. At least I was able to get out one day that week. 1 alby and 4 yellows off the Lower 500.

killerfin

Sep 6, 2006
santa ana
Name
Felipe
Boat
Your Mama
whats up felipe nice fish did you fish that accurate reel give me a call BIG ROG

Hell ya The frist day a broke it in. that reel is so smooth and even better when you put it in low gear. thanks for the hook up on the reel. next time you need to go with me. I will be going in April agian if you want to go. or we can fly to la paz...

Pancheke

CHILANGO HATER
Apr 28, 2004
ENSENADA
Name
PANCHEKE
Boat
QUE ?????
DID YOU FISH ON UR PRIVATE BOAT ? I GET INVITED DOWN THERE ALL THE TIME COUSIN OF MINE HAS FAMILY IN SANTA ROSALIA .

killerfin

Sep 6, 2006
santa ana
Name
Felipe
Boat
Your Mama
DID YOU FISH ON UR PRIVATE BOAT ? I GET INVITED DOWN THERE ALL THE TIME COUSIN OF MINE HAS FAMILY IN SANTA ROSALIA .
I chater mikes boat boston whaler 18 footer. The boat i set up for fishing. The fishing is awsome this month thru june for yellow tail. you should go and try fishing there dont take anything less the 50 lb test the fish down there have big shoulders. Hit me up when your going to go down there and i could tag along .

killerfin

Sep 6, 2006
santa ana
Name
Felipe
Boat
Your Mama
I need help posting a video on here from the fishing trip but it wont let me do. can can some help me please...

mc08066

Jan 24, 2006
San Diego
Name
Jimmy Greene
Boat
kayak
Great pictures of some really large models. Sounded like a really great trip. Picture of your Avert/Fish is very impressive. Hopefully you continue with your luck. You made alot of BD's proud with your helping of another BD'er in distress. Thanks for a nice job sharing.
Jimmy

May 14, 2008
Cypress/CA/USA
Name
John Gilkerson
Boat
21, Bayrunner Baja, Glacier Bay 2680: A Salt Weapon
Great Report. Santa Rosalia has the best yellow's in baja. Looks like you were fishing some rough conditions. I usually go down in late June / early July, but the last couiple of years have been pretty slow, especially on the orado. Based on your report I may have to do a late fall / early winter trip to try it out.