KAMASU

Captain
Jan 15, 2006
Santa Barbara
Name
Daniel Pooler
Boat
24' SeaCraft KAMASU
Allways nice to get the targeted species and more to finish off an outstanding day of fishing. WTG! YTM

geofisher

Sep 28, 2005
Sherman Oaks, California
Name
James Van Meter
Boat
none
:appl: Fantastic Report! Way to go!

Red Drum said:

Took the day off yesterday, since the winds were light, and fished Santa Rosa Island aboard the “Big Drum” with Martin “the looper” and Jason “jscrib”.

Fished around the Becher’s Bay area for the first part of the morning for limits of schoolie size White Sea Bass from 11lb to 14lbs. It was easy to catch plenty of day time squid for bait, once we found them laying low on the bottom. All C-Bass were caught on dropper loops in about 75 – 80 ft of water.

Here I am with the first WSB of the day. Not big, but I’ll take it.

A little later, Jason got into the action and caught our 2nd tasty and tender WSB.

Then Martin got our 3rd and finally WSB of the day. Although the C-Bass weren’t toads, we felt very good about getting limits and accomplishing our first mission of the day.

I then left the area and did some exploring for some bottom critters. Fortunately, the first spot we tried was very productive. Jason was the first to drop down and he went “Instant Bendo” on a beautiful and oh so yummy Vermilion Rockfish.

Once Martin’s swim bait got down to the bottom, he went “IB” on a nice Lingcod.

Then I finally made it down and was rewarded with an “IB” on a tasty VR.

Here is Jason with one of the few Copper Rockifish that we caught.

One of the biggest challenges was getting our baits down past the pesky, voracious and tasty Blue Rockfish.

Here I am with a nice 9.5 Sheephead that ate a 5 inch Basstrix swim bait. That fish really pulled some drag on my 15lb outfit, on its initial run.

Here is Martin with one of the Calico Bass that we caught and released.

Here is Jason and I with two nice VR.

Here is Martin with a VR and me with a CB.

Here is Jason with the Jackpot Vermilion Rockfish of the day, a husky 8.5 pounder. Way to go Jason…………you lucky dog. LOL

Here is Martin with another Lingcod and Jason with his JP Vermilion.

Here is a beautiful picture of some of the VR bleeding out in the bait tank.

Here I am with another big 14.5 lb Sheephead that ate a Key Lime colored 5 inch Basstrix swim bait. Those Goats sure do pull hard. All the Sheephead were released to fight another day.

Here I am with an Olive and Vermilion Rockfish.

Here is a picture of the catch o’ the day. Sweeeeet!!

After cleaning all those tasty critters, we broke out the 6lb test outfits and fished some of the skinny water for Barred Surf Perch. Here I am with one of the average size BSP.

Martin was fishing 3 inch Basstrix swim baits. He did lose a couple tails to some hungry short biters, but when he did hook-up, it was always a nicer grade of BSP.

Here is Jason with the Jackpot BSP of the day. A fat pregnant 15.5 inch female. Excellent job Jason!!

Had an awesome day of fishing out at the enchanted Channel Islands with two good friends. The weather was spectacular, the fishing was good and our plan came together. Can’t wait to go again.

Till next tide,

tylerderdan

Stay classy San diego
Dec 20, 2005
Glendora
Name
Scott
Boat
215cc triumph "Unforgiven"
Very nice report & pics! killer mixed bag there Vince.

OCFish

Jan 24, 2006
SoCal
Name
Brandon
Boat
Ho
Absolutely sick! Nice job guys!:notworthy :appl: :notworthy :appl:

What a killer trip... again congrats!

Brandon

Captain Curt

Cooter
Jun 22, 2003
Mission Viejo
www.noahstackle.net
Name
Curtis
Boat
24ft Skipjack FB "Hanna"
True bloodydeckers right there. :notworthy You bad....you bad, you guys kick some major ass out there. What a great variety of fish.

Curtis........

The boat Hanna.........

WreckinBall

The sober one
Oct 18, 2004
Way up in the IE
Name
Jerry
Boat
Island Tak, Prowler, RRIII, TG80, Royal Star, etc....
What? No sharks?

It looks like you caught the hell out of everything else, so WTF not?

But seriously, good fish, good photos, and good report. That's as good a day as I've read about in a long time, and better than any day I've had in a long while.

Way to go, fellas! You killed 'em.

Mr_PeaCH

Pays the Iron Price
Jun 3, 2004
The Iron Isles
Name
Paul Greyjoy
Boat
OK Scupper Pro
That'll work. ;)

Great job all you guys and thanks to Vince for the (as always) great report.

Jscrib - I'll confess I'm a bit more jealous of your mega-vermillion than I am of your WSB... but I'm damn jealous of both! WTG bro.

HEADHUNTER

Jun 14, 2005
E.L.A
Name
ALEX
Boat
AT THE BOTTOM OF PACIFIC
GREAT PICS .NICE DAY AT THE OFFICE HERE CAUGHT ME A FUCKING COLD

Team Ball's Out

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 18, 2005
Vista
Name
Ray Collier
Boat
23' Sea Swirl Striper
Out Standing report and pictures!:appl:

Atom

Sep 24, 2004
California
Name
adam
Boat
schooner of malt liquor
Vince, Jay-sunshine, Martin,

Great report, heck of a mix of fish!

Looks like an awesome time.

Vigilant32

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 9, 2004
Name
G
Boat
Nice fishin guys. Vince you have been slaying everything that wiggles this year, WTG. You are the king of variety!

jscrib

Whale Cock
Apr 29, 2004
Santa Monica
Name
j
Boat
VS
misuse said:
Damn. Catchin all day long! Get the big business out of the way first then deal with the little shit... Nice Red J. You are getting fat though.
Jessica thought the "fat" comment was really funny. Thanks. :shake: :puff: LOL

j