GregAndrew

I Find Stuff
Dec 28, 2008
San Gabriel,Ca.,USA
Name
Greg
Boat
T15 Kayak
Zigged when I normally zag today and it paid off. I love fishing the bottom, cause at some point just about everything is down there. At the suggestion of another member, I left the soundtrack off of this video and left everything at normal speed. It is a bit long, but that is because the fish was doing its best not to make an appearance.

Upvote 0

mholtel

Mike x 5
Dec 7, 2004
Somewhere n Vista
Name
mikey
Boat
Blackman 23, 20 Skipjack, 15 Valco westcoaster
EPIC !!
So many thoughts going through my head as your fingers were tensely triple wrapped around the fore grip and the battle raged like in the great Hemmingway novel The old man and the sea. The captions were like a Charlie Chaplin movie but far better
You should get yourself a nice floatation device bacause we'd all like to see more of your good work.

Upvote 0

GregAndrew

I Find Stuff
Dec 28, 2008
San Gabriel,Ca.,USA
Name
Greg
Boat
T15 Kayak
Yeah, I never really noticed before that you can hear the spectra being peeled off ( even with the UW backdoor on the GoPro). I had not been to this area in a couple months, but my other option was much further through the swell and chop. Funny how things work out sometimes. Lucky for this fish i had kept a couple from my trip to LJ a couple weeks earlier.

Upvote 0

jbday

barney kook
May 15, 2009
MDR
Name
jday
Boat
"Anotherday" 25 ft sea vee
Thanks for sharing Greg...what great fish for SMB. What did he eat by the way?

Upvote 0

keada714

Jun 9, 2012
Los Angeles
Name
Mark
Boat
None
I really enjoy your videos! Thanks for taking the time to record and post! I was wondering what kind of gear you were using. Looks to be a Calcutta 400 on a heavy bass rod.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
What a hard charging fish! Your technique is flawless by the way! Good on you for the release.Keep the video's coming

Upvote 0

GregAndrew

I Find Stuff
Dec 28, 2008
San Gabriel,Ca.,USA
Name
Greg
Boat
T15 Kayak
I really enjoy your videos! Thanks for taking the time to record and post! I was wondering what kind of gear you were using. Looks to be a Calcutta 400 on a heavy bass rod.
Yes, I am using 400 Bs right now since they stopped making the TEs. And the rod is a GLoomis BBR964C, which is a salmon back bounce rod. You might not believe the fish i have pulled up on that combo.

Upvote 0