kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    S.B is a small Island and when the yellowtail go off, It's generally in one area, I will not say the area. Last year and in the past, People that fish that area will fish it as long as they can before the word gets out. Once it's out, It's a parking lot of boats trying to fish that area and the fish get spread out and the bite fizzles out. Fishing that small Island for yellows with couple of boats and not a lot of pressure the fish will bite a long time. But once the word is out, It's all over.

Reactions: fishkilr
    Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    If you need recognition from others on this forum then you go right ahead big boy...

Thanks for your permission allowing me to post fish reports. That is a load off of my mind. So to sum this up:

1. You don't want recognition - that's obvious if you never post reports.
    2. To you, anyone who posts a report is craving said recognition.
    3. You don't want people talking about catching fish at your local island.
    4. You're triggered by some innocuous post even though the bite was outed over the previous weekend by Let's Talk Hook Up - which has far more listeners than will ever read this report.

Got it. My question then is what are you even doing here on the forums?

Feel free to have the last word.

Last edited:

calbrewguy

Jul 12, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Randy
    Boat
    None
    Thanks for your permission allowing me post fish reports. That is a load off of my mind. So to sum this up:

1. You don't want recognition - that's obvious if you never post reports.
    2. To you, anyone who posts a report is craving said recognition.
    3. You don't want people talking about catching fish at your local island.
    4. You're triggered by some innocuous post even though the bite was outed over the previous weekend by Let's Talk Hook Up - which has far more listeners than will ever read this report.

Got it. My question then is what are you even doing here on the forums?

Feel free to have the last word.
    He's from Santa Barbara. Locals there think they own everything from Jalama to Rincon, including ALL the Channel Islands from SBI west. I know because I used to live there. Bunch of tire slitters.

fishkilr

Aug 27, 2012
    long beach,ca.u.s.a.
    Name
    alby
    Boat
    None
    S.B is a small Island and when the yellowtail go off, It's generally in one area, I will not say the area. Last year and in the past, People that fish that area will fish it as long as they can before the word gets out. Once it's out, It's a parking lot of boats trying to fish that area and the fish get spread out and the bite fizzles out. Fishing that small Island for yellows with couple of boats and not a lot of pressure the fish will bite a long time. But once the word is out, It's all over.
    Its a new world now...
    We used to get em by ourselves or with one sporty around (usually the mirage) at the little one for weeks at a time..
    In this info age about 10 years ago that all changed and getting a couple days of good fishin before mayhem ensued became the goal.. we were forced to find a few other consistant spots and they do exist...
    This board is about helping guys catch em and if a guy found his own fish and wants to inform others when ,where and how then this is the place to do it ..
    But in reality there are no fish at the little one..😁

Last edited:

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Its a new world now...
    We used to get em by ourselves or with one sporty around (usually the mirage) at the little one for weeks at a time..
    In this info age about 10 years ago that all changed and getting a couple days of good fishin before mayhem ensued became the goal.. we were forced to find a few other consistant spots and they do exist...
    This board is about helping guys catch em and if a guy found his own fish and wants to inform others when ,where and how then this is the place to do it ..
    I hear you 100%, There's a few spots not many people know about at that Island like WFO Cow Cod a couple miles off the Island, A couple spots where it's easy to get a limit of 7-10lb Calicos on Mackerel, and don't forget about 2-3 spots where you catch sheep heads up to 20 lbs. Joe on The Mirage and myself knows those spots from back in the late 70's and early 80's working out of Redondo Sportfishing learning from some good Captains. Theirs still great fishing at the little one, You just gotta know where to look and keep your trap shut. :cheers:

Last edited:

fishkilr

Aug 27, 2012
    long beach,ca.u.s.a.
    Name
    alby
    Boat
    None
    It's also the only place I've ever sight fished halibut....
    Ya we weren't Joe's favorite boat ...
    We knew exactly what time he got there and usually were in the garden spot in the front 1/2 hour before he showed...

Upvote 0

John Stidman

Apr 29, 2018
    Baketsfield ca
    Name
    John Stidman
    Boat
    26ft seaswirl striper,24 ft trophy walkaround,24ft glasply flybridge.
    He's from Santa Barbara. Locals there think they own everything from Jalama to Rincon, including ALL the Channel Islands from SBI west. I know because I used to live there. Bunch of tire slitters.
    we valley peeps have the same issues in morro bay and psl. they love our tourism money but hate that we come fish and post reports. i had to leave that site as sooner or later i would been hitting some asphault knucklin up with a few. not that i wouldnt mind lol .ive always respected anywhere i fish, try and give a report if i can, dont really give any numbers as half the time im not sure where the hell im at. lol. anyways thanks for the report. ive never fished for yellowtail yet, but since my new outboard conversion, its reports like this that give me a chance to catch one and where to look and how to fish. as a matter of fact, it wasd this very friendly board with tons of advice,some even made a trip to help. but 100% this site helped a man with no fiberglass knowledge or any mechanical skill completely feel comfy and confident in completely stripping and gutting a perfectly gd inboard fishing boat and do a complete conversion. from help with complete lists of parts to exact electrical diagrams made just for my boat, and tons of help here. now its not where it could be but im definately proud of the beater i built, i got some more adjustments here and there, but i damn sure know 100 times more now than i did, thanks all for the posts, reports and friendly help. sorry about the book, its my fist and i hope it sells. lol nice fish and i cant wait to learn and fish southern waters. p.s. im that guy who will fish 45+ miles or head out til outta gas. pull a plug wire, call coast guard and scratch my head while they tow me in saying it ran gd til now. jk , maybe not!!!.bwaahaha. tight lines all.

calbrewguy

Jul 12, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Randy
    Boat
    None
    we valley peeps have the same issues in morro bay and psl. they love our tourism money but hate that we come fish and post reports. i had to leave that site as sooner or later i would been hitting some asphault knucklin up with a few. not that i wouldnt mind lol .ive always respected anywhere i fish, try and give a report if i can, dont really give any numbers as half the time im not sure where the hell im at. lol. anyways thanks for the report. ive never fished for yellowtail yet, but since my new outboard conversion, its reports like this that give me a chance to catch one and where to look and how to fish. as a matter of fact, it wasd this very friendly board with tons of advice,some even made a trip to help. but 100% this site helped a man with no fiberglass knowledge or any mechanical skill completely feel comfy and confident in completely stripping and gutting a perfectly gd inboard fishing boat and do a complete conversion. from help with complete lists of parts to exact electrical diagrams made just for my boat, and tons of help here. now its not where it could be but im definately proud of the beater i built, i got some more adjustments here and there, but i damn sure know 100 times more now than i did, thanks all for the posts, reports and friendly help. sorry about the book, its my fist and i hope it sells. lol nice fish and i cant wait to learn and fish southern waters. p.s. im that guy who will fish 45+ miles or head out til outta gas. pull a plug wire, call coast guard and scratch my head while they tow me in saying it ran gd til now. jk , maybe not!!!.bwaahaha. tight lines all.
    I wish you good luck.

Reactions: John Stidman

calbrewguy

Jul 12, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Randy
    Boat
    None
    Its a new world now...
    Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end. I surfed Killer Dana overhead and Sano at a perfect 8' with two guys out two days in a row. Sorry but those days are gone forever. Best thing now is try and get along and having as much fun as possible till I reach the end of the road. Fishing is the focus now.

Reactions: John Stidman

John Stidman

Apr 29, 2018
    Baketsfield ca
    Name
    John Stidman
    Boat
    26ft seaswirl striper,24 ft trophy walkaround,24ft glasply flybridge.
    I wish you good luck.
    thank you, the best 5 words ive heard in awhile. i had a tragic motorcycle accident with a fatality. i dont talk much about it as there was a homeless kid on back that i took in that passed. his mom ran the streets. so he spent every weekend and some week days or any day he could cause i fed, clothed and helped him with school. we was ran off by 2 fast and furious racers coming arond a blind corner in both lanes. i had a split second decision to hit head on or try and go off into dirt and back on. my injuries, 6 broken ribs, 2 broke at the spine, collapsed lung, sliced liver. floating ribs, neck fracture. and internal blleding and frew surgeries, pins in my hands and tubes in my lung. i was told i wouldnt be walking for about 8 months. told i wouldnt have use of my hands for a year. i was told i needed a 6 month in house medical therapy place that my insurance approved. my family called my phone as it was all over facebook before they knew. police told them we both had passed. i got heartbeat again as i was being examined and rushed to hospital. sorry about the drama. i dont really ever talk to anyone about this. many late nights aqlone i cry as a man thats never shed a tear in my life. but once i got use of my left hand somewhat, basically a finger to tap my phone and read these forums. its the only thing thats kept me sane. ive begged god to do anything to trade places or id take a milion of these busted up bones to bring him back. whats sad is his mom still runs the streets like she dont care. im not asking for sympathy. i dont know why this happened to me. all laws was obetyed, no speeding or anything. my point here and forgive me for this post as this is a report, so im reporting that this site has kept me fighting to walk, start using my hands, oh, ive got titanuium plate on my collart bones. still cant close my fists or grip anything. but all the time that lil boy was with me we fished, hunted, shot guns at our mountain property, so ive decided to continue doing what we both enjoyed. got a friend to help me every single day rain or shine finnish my boat and fish in his memory. thanks to all you guys and yur posts and reports im doing just that. trust me its a daily struggle, and my hands hurt so bad the meds dont help. i fished salmon opener with 5 on my boat, i skippered the whole time putting all my group on nice limited salmon in psl, morro bay. i would have never owned 5 salt water fishing boats in my life and built one without people like you that helped andf not put down. once again, sorry if this isnt the place but thank you all that i still put in 100% doing what i love and thanks for keeping my mind so busy on here that i only suffer minimal. i paid for all the funeral expenses, mother didnt even go. her words was who can i sue. wow. if this post offends anyone be kind and let me know. ill delete with respect. but ive learned most what i have from here, an old time fisherman named ed coleman that took me out in 3 of the 5 boats ive owned and taught me alot. now hes ill with covid and cancer. he texts me every trip i tell him im on and still checks weather for me, tells me where and what. you guys have done the same here, if not for learninfg from friendly advice and people, i promiose i would have sanken all 5 boats by now. god bless and i hope to fish with or beside many of you in the future.

Upvote 0
    May 13, 2004
    Long Beach and points due west
    Name
    Bob Ballew
    Boat
    2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
    Does anyone get the impression that the snorkler has been holding his breath too long?...".me only" types are a dime a dozen these days....but, hi-jacking posts and stirring the pot does get attention if you thrive on such things...
    ...on the other hand, if I am so smart, why am I even bothering to add my two cents???

Last edited:

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    We knew exactly what time he got there and usually were in the garden spot in the front 1/2 hour before he showed...

Did he drop his anchor on top of you or got the bumpers out and side tied to you, :rofl:

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    thank you, the best 5 words ive heard in awhile. i had a tragic motorcycle accident with a fatality. i dont talk much about it as there was a homeless kid on back that i took in that passed. his mom ran the streets. so he spent every weekend and some week days or any day he could cause i fed, clothed and helped him with school. we was ran off by 2 fast and furious racers coming arond a blind corner in both lanes. i had a split second decision to hit head on or try and go off into dirt and back on. my injuries, 6 broken ribs, 2 broke at the spine, collapsed lung, sliced liver. floating ribs, neck fracture. and internal blleding and frew surgeries, pins in my hands and tubes in my lung. i was told i wouldnt be walking for about 8 months. told i wouldnt have use of my hands for a year. i was told i needed a 6 month in house medical therapy place that my insurance approved. my family called my phone as it was all over facebook before they knew. police told them we both had passed. i got heartbeat again as i was being examined and rushed to hospital. sorry about the drama. i dont really ever talk to anyone about this. many late nights aqlone i cry as a man thats never shed a tear in my life. but once i got use of my left hand somewhat, basically a finger to tap my phone and read these forums. its the only thing thats kept me sane. ive begged god to do anything to trade places or id take a milion of these busted up bones to bring him back. whats sad is his mom still runs the streets like she dont care. im not asking for sympathy. i dont know why this happened to me. all laws was obetyed, no speeding or anything. my point here and forgive me for this post as this is a report, so im reporting that this site has kept me fighting to walk, start using my hands, oh, ive got titanuium plate on my collart bones. still cant close my fists or grip anything. but all the time that lil boy was with me we fished, hunted, shot guns at our mountain property, so ive decided to continue doing what we both enjoyed. got a friend to help me every single day rain or shine finnish my boat and fish in his memory. thanks to all you guys and yur posts and reports im doing just that. trust me its a daily struggle, and my hands hurt so bad the meds dont help. i fished salmon opener with 5 on my boat, i skippered the whole time putting all my group on nice limited salmon in psl, morro bay. i would have never owned 5 salt water fishing boats in my life and built one without people like you that helped andf not put down. once again, sorry if this isnt the place but thank you all that i still put in 100% doing what i love and thanks for keeping my mind so busy on here that i only suffer minimal. i paid for all the funeral expenses, mother didnt even go. her words was who can i sue. wow. if this post offends anyone be kind and let me know. ill delete with respect. but ive learned most what i have from here, an old time fisherman named ed coleman that took me out in 3 of the 5 boats ive owned and taught me alot. now hes ill with covid and cancer. he texts me every trip i tell him im on and still checks weather for me, tells me where and what. you guys have done the same here, if not for learninfg from friendly advice and people, i promiose i would have sanken all 5 boats by now. god bless and i hope to fish with or beside many of you in the future.
    Your a good man to bring someone in and take care of him. What would he have done if it wasn't for you. We need more people like you in this world!!!! Good luck on all your fishing adventures and your road to recovery. I hope you fulfil everything you set out to accomplish and a lot more ,:urno1:

Last edited:
    Feb 17, 2008
    Monrovia, CA
    Name
    Tim
    Boat
    None
    I met Capt. Brian last year at the Fred Hall show at his booth while I was working in the Fish Dope / BD Outdoors booth right next door. We didn't get to fish last year with all the COVID shutdown B.S., but when things opened up this year, I booked a trip asap. He knows I'm a moderator on the BD forum, and he knows I'm associated with Fish Dope. While I didn't specifically ask for his permission to post a report, does anyone really think he's so naïve that he didn't know I was going to do so? If I wanted to be a dick, I could have posted the exact spots...but I'm also not stupid and intend to book several more trips this year. In fact, I have already done so.

Selfish people forget that if we don't help each other a little in this sport, it dies. Help someone else enjoy it and they'll help another, and then our kids have something to enjoy. Selfish people that want to keep every piece of information that helps someone else learn or enjoy this sport are no better than the A-holes in Sacramento that would like nothing better than to see the fishing sports go away forever.

ctmfish

Almost A Member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Downey
    Name
    Cameron
    Boat
    Wellcraft V20
    Thanks for the great report! Don't listen to selfish criticism, we are all on the forum to share and learn and even the critics are gathering info. I won't be taking my boat to SB island any time soon, out of my range, but I sure do enjoy reading about the action and drooling over the great reports. thanks again! Much appreciated!