Islands Santa Barbara Island late report 4/2

PENN
Feb 17, 2008
Monrovia, CA
Name
Tim
Boat
None
I chartered the Finfetish for a 6 pack overnight to Santa Barbara island for Good Friday. Got to the island late Thursday night and made squid all night for the next day's activities. We landed 3 good grade yellows and lost a few, as well.

image9865.jpg

After the morning YT bite slowed, we filled up the bag with rockfish. Finished the day with a halibut/YT drift but no takers. Was a great day on the water and Capt. Brian and Johnny on the Finfetish really worked their butts off to provide a good time.

20210402_183019.jpg

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
Man those are some whopper yellows! Where is the finfetish docked out of?

Reactions: John Stidman

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    I love people with lose lips. Christ almighty people just dont learn.

Don't you just love lurkers that never post reports complaining about people who do? It's not like he posted numbers to your super top secret seabass spot. This is a fishing report forum, amiright?

Errin

Snorkeler
    Jun 22, 2015
    Santa Barbara
    Name
    Errin
    Boat
    Cabo 216
    Don't you just love lurkers that never post reports complaining about people who do? It's not like he posted numbers to your super top secret seabass spot. This is a fishing report forum, amiright?
    OP just basically blew up FinFetish's program I'm not sure Brian is cool with that I would have checked with the Captain before posting his spots. Especially early in the season with slugs around. I don't see Brian tagging locations in any of his social media posts so I don't think he likes to disclose where they go. He ain't no Brandon Hayward...

Also I'm not in the business of calling out my spots on Bloody Decks I'm not looking for approval or recognition here bro.

Upvote 0

salty nuts

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 2, 2004
    Camarillo
    Name
    Tim Mohawk
    Boat
    25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
    Clueless

Reactions: Errin

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    This bite was being talked about by Mark Wisch on Lets Talk Hookup last weekend way before the OPs report. Why don't you call up the next show and tell them they are clueless? You don't own the ocean, spots or the fish that reside there.

Are you mad at every report that says "I caught fish at xxxxxx island? 3 yellows and rockfish are not going to get your private spot you seem to own over-run.

Talk about clueless.....

Last edited:

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    OP just basically blew up FinFetish's program I'm not sure Brian is cool with that I would have checked with the Captain before posting his spots. Especially early in the season with slugs around. I don't see Brian tagging locations in any of his social media posts so I don't think he likes to disclose where they go. He ain't no Brandon Hayward...

Also I'm not in the business of calling out my spots on Bloody Decks I'm not looking for approval or recognition here bro.

Did I miss something here? Where in this post did he give out spots? Santa Barbara Island is what I read. I am sure the charter captain will appreciate any business sent his way. Good on you, you don't give out spots. But I bet you're the first to write 'em down when you see them on here, "bro"

Errin

Snorkeler
    Jun 22, 2015
    Santa Barbara
    Name
    Errin
    Boat
    Cabo 216
    Did I miss something here? Where in this post did he give out spots? Santa Barbara Island is what I read. I am sure the charter captain will appreciate any business sent his way. Good on you, you don't give out spots. But I bet your the first to write 'em down when you see them on here, "bro"
    The Captain has plenty of business and I bet if OP took the time to ask him whether or not he wanted the location posted he would say NO.

Maybe you need to consider a couple of key words in fishing: Discretion and respect.

When you are dependent upon other people to put you on fish, you should show DISCRETION and not disclose their locations without their permission (RESPECT).

Comprende?

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    The Captain has plenty of business and I bet if OP took the time to ask him whether or not he wanted the location posted he would say NO.

Maybe you need to consider a couple of key words in fishing: Discretion and respect.

When you are dependent upon other people to put you on fish, you should show DISCRETION and not disclose their locations without their permission (RESPECT).

Comprende?

So if I take a charter to Catalina I should not report that I caught anything at Catalina? You seem to be a lib, thinking I need your or anyone else's "permission" to say I caught fish at Catalina. When I post, I want to help put others on fish. "Oh, no! He told people he caught a 30 pound yellow at the Vs before dawn."

Get over yourself.....

seanstewart

Skipjack Mafia
    Sep 13, 2016
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Name
    Sean Stewart
    Boat
    Skipjack 25' Fisherman
    check it out guys. big squid and small yellows at SBI. no wind right no too. better get on it. also heard the salmon is bitting deeeeep

Reactions: John Stidman

Errin

Snorkeler
    Jun 22, 2015
    Santa Barbara
    Name
    Errin
    Boat
    Cabo 216
    So if I take a charter to Catalina I should not report that I caught anything at Catalina? You seem to be a lib, thinking I need your or anyone else's "permission" to say I caught fish at Catalina. When I post, I want to help put others on fish. "Oh, no! He told people he caught a 30 pound yellow at the Vs before dawn."

Get over yourself.....
    If you need recognition from others on this forum then you go right ahead big boy...

Upvote 0