San Quintin weather this Sat?

jsl

Oct 8, 2005
Ontario
Name
Scott
Boat
none
I'm thinking of putting a trip together for this weekend down in San Quintin and was wondering what the weather might be like. Does anyone here know what the projected forecast will be or where I can get that info? Thx in advance...

Scott

Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
Even if the weather is good, it's going to be a muddy mess down there. The clay road going in turns to snot (actual snot) after it rains... not to mention the washouts and mudpiles on the road down... I'm not saying it can't be done, but... :D

Upvote 0

nick17yz

TUNA TOKER
Nov 6, 2008
SEEKER RODS
Name
Nick Rekrut
Boat
Longrange
nothin a true fisherman would be afraid of. all this mud talk got me excited to go there. i hope the muds there in 3 weeks.....

Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
nothin a true fisherman would be afraid of. all this mud talk got me excited to go there. i hope the muds there in 3 weeks.....

I pulled in to Cielito Lindo a couple of years ago with a group of motorcycle riders (I was in my 4WD truck)... It had been raining and about half way to the motel all the riders started dropping like flies, sliding off the road and laying their bikes down in front of me. I was laughing my ass off and then my truck did a 180 on me and I realized that the red clay road had turned to a red slime slip and slide... By the time we got to the motel everyone and their vehicles were covered in about 4" of goo. I never did get all the mud off of my fender wells and my truck rusted out about 2 years later... I'm not saying it wasn't fun though... :D

Upvote 0

nick17yz

TUNA TOKER
Nov 6, 2008
SEEKER RODS
Name
Nick Rekrut
Boat
Longrange
nice man. some of the hardest laughing ive done was playin in the mud in san quintin.

Upvote 0

DawnPatrol

Cora's & Hollis' GrandPa
Mar 27, 2005
Fletcher Hills
Name
Alan
Boat
2520 Parker SL 250 Yammie
You would definitely need 4WD. I barely made it to the Old Mill one time after it rained like this a couple days before.
My Jeep was a total mud caked mess.
Yes, about 1/2 the way there it got real treacherous...
There are 3 or 4 roads that get you in off the main highway, but then the closer you get you only have the one road in
I believe the "striaght shot" off the highway is the one described . If you go in the old way (a few street to the north of the new way in - through the "residential" you might have better luck)
But the last 1/2 mile in could be impassable

Upvote 0

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
the best way to the old mill after a good rain is to go past the oldmill turn off to the next town,calld el papalote(windmill)go to the second street you come to take a right go about 5 bloks till it comes to a T make a right go one block make a left,that road is a sand road and it gous by the old pier then swings back to the mill,you wont need a 4weel drive ,unless you like a mddy road thats ready to play then play.

Upvote 0

Rebound

Almost A Member
Jul 10, 2007
Half Moon Bay
Name
Gary Johnson
Boat
2901 seaswirl Striper " Anger Management"
Thanks for the info Capt. Juan.I'm keeping the info for the time when I need it at the end of January.

Upvote 0

KayakDancer

Kayak Dancer
Mar 4, 2008
San Quintin, Baja
Name
Debbie
Boat
Kayak
Hey Scott - I just checked it out and the forecast for Saturday is mostly cloudy, temp from 59 to 72 degrees and winds 8 to 16 knots. I like http://www.accuweather.com to check the forecast; and some people use buoyweather.com If you're planning to come down, a great place to stay is Jardines Baja Hotel/Restaurant. It's new, clean, and friendly with good food. Their website is Best San Quintin Hotel is Hotel Jardines Baja Several friends made the trip today and said the roads from the border down to SQ are okay - some minor delays/detours. There are no major road problems here in SQ.

Upvote 0

jsl

Oct 8, 2005
Ontario
Name
Scott
Boat
none
Hey Scott - I just checked it out and the forecast for Saturday is mostly cloudy, temp from 59 to 72 degrees and winds 8 to 16 knots. I like http://www.accuweather.com to check the forecast; and some people use buoyweather.com If you're planning to come down, a great place to stay is Jardines Baja Hotel/Restaurant. It's new, clean, and friendly with good food. Their website is Best San Quintin Hotel is Hotel Jardines Baja Several friends made the trip today and said the roads from the border down to SQ are okay - some minor delays/detours. There are no major road problems here in SQ.

Thanks a million. I'm heading down there today right after work. Gonna go out with Kelly of KnM.

Scott

Upvote 0