Make it count !
Feb 19, 2007
los angeles
Name
jay
Boat
Not yet
Aug 2nd late report.

Hand in hand with the reports of the big opahs that were caught from San Diego long range boats were also reports of marlin being hooked at the 240. We managed to hook one and fight it for a couple hours . Even with the ability to chase down the beautiful fish from the panga we just didn't have the gear to tire the relentless Marlin using just 40lb string . Enjoy the pics. It looks to be 130lbs. Lots of acrobatics during the two hour fight .

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: jesjul1
Upvote 0

cabo rob

Dec 17, 2011
redlands/ca/usa
Name
Rob
Boat
cobia 244cc
image.jpg
Sorry to hear that one
40 lb test should have done it. I boated a 200+ striper with an avet mxl spooled with 40 lb mono and 50 lb spectra 2months ago. It took an hour ten minutes. Had to chase it a few times with the boat. But I got it !
Posting the pic and hoping the tree huggers don't complain too much.

Upvote 0

scfisher

Make it count !
Feb 19, 2007
los angeles
Name
jay
Boat
Not yet
Great job !! Awesome pic!!
My friend was fighting the Marlin and it wasn't even tired. My friend was pretty worn down and lactic acid building in the arms! Lol

Upvote 0

cabo rob

Dec 17, 2011
redlands/ca/usa
Name
Rob
Boat
cobia 244cc
They will wear you out ! Don't think there wasn't some rail riding going on, because I was tired too.
Overall, it was a great time, and I was happy to have the chance to experience it. Unlike the haters.

Reactions: scfisher
Upvote 0

amnajar

Raider
Jul 3, 2008
Los Angeles
Name
Mike
Boat
Which ever one will have me...
I got bit by one last weekend on the Apollo, but we were hanging fish and could not chase it down. It came out of the water twice, beautiful sight. The thing was about to spool me when the deckhand pulled hard enough to break it off and save my spectra.

Thanks for sharing....

Upvote 0

OmanGT

Apr 11, 2010
Muscat
Name
Brian Richardson
Boat
Cape North 43 Sailboat
Great experience..two hours hanging on to a fantastic fish. The pics are awesome you guys must've been totally stoked. No worries with a long release. I can hear the yells while the fish was jumping.

Upvote 0