Boat
18' WAHOO CC
IMG_3176.JPG
IMG_3179.JPG
IMG_3180.JPG
IMG_3185.JPG
IMG_3192.JPG
IMG_3194.JPG
Finally got out after a few days of wind. Saturday was awesome out on the water and the fishing was great! I invited myself on Lorenzo’s boat and he accepted. His proline cuddy is comfortable and well rigged for SQ. We fished the high spots early and got the Yellowtail thing done in a couple hours or so. The Lingcod fishing got a little tougher as the day/wind went on. However we did catch a nice grade and got plenty of sun as well. The weather looks to be holding good and the seas were still flat as I drove up the coast.
San Quintin still amazes me after 30 years of coming down here.
Kelly and his boys and Capt. Juan are as good as it gets in SQ for service, nice boats, hard work and are not clock watchers. These guys can put you on fish in almost any condition and are not afraid to share legitimate information with us as some are and we reciprocate as well. Lots of fish to be had right now and not to far from the point.
Back in a few weeks for another load.
BTW - there are a couple lots available at Campo Lorenzo I wasn’t aware of if anyone is interested in a great spot to fish and hunt out of. Awesome fish cleaning facilities and services if needed. campolorenzo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
well done stan,its good to seeya out here.gracias.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Looks like a ton of fun!!!! I need to get back down there! Doug

Upvote 0

Lorenzo

Mar 15, 2006
San Quintin
Name
Lorenzo
Boat
Proline 24 / Bayliner 20
Stan, thought I would share a few more Pics from our trip. Deb and I went out yesterday and the weather and fishing remains right at "Outstanding"! YT, Lings still there and we added some nice reds, whitefish and calicos to our stringer. BD'ers need to jam it down while the Santa Ana winds are blowing. Shorts and tanktop weather!

Day's total catch and #1 Fillet Dude at Campo Lorenzo.

P3082059.JPG

Yellowtail "After". Yes, they belong in a jar. YT Sandwiches are the bomb!

yYellowtail.JPG

P3112083.JPG

Lingcod "After" at the Old Mill Restuarant.

P3082077.JPG

Attachments

• P3082059.JPG
    P3082059.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 113
  • P3082059.JPG
    P3082059.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 52
Upvote 0

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
nice larry,reel nice,thanks for postting.

Upvote 0

Tinknocker

Captain
Nov 29, 2004
Olivenhain (North San Diego County)
www.tinknocker.net
Name
Stan Vath
Boat
18' WAHOO CC
Good to see you old bastards are still alive!

Nice work.
Good to see you old bastards are still alive!

Nice work.
Maybe sometime you can run your boat down here one day and follow us. No problemo! We will put you on them for free. Canning & filleting is extra.
I also have a nice goat tied up for you. But please do not wear your "stove pipe" deck boots or he may strangle himself. Let us know!

Upvote 0

Tree

Mar 3, 2007
El Cajon
Name
Duane
Boat
14' aluminum POS
WOW, you guys nailed it, It must suck to be able to just go fishing at the drop of a hat. HOPE it holds up till the end of the month.
Shoot I hope it holds up till May. We have a trip planned for the first weekend.

Upvote 0

Lorenzo

Mar 15, 2006
San Quintin
Name
Lorenzo
Boat
Proline 24 / Bayliner 20
Hey Kelly, the offer is still out there. Drop off any Xtra YTs you clients don't want and I'll stuff'em in jars for ya just like you see in the pic!

Upvote 0

Tinknocker

Captain
Nov 29, 2004
Olivenhain (North San Diego County)
www.tinknocker.net
Name
Stan Vath
Boat
18' WAHOO CC
image.jpg
I just cooked a hundred or so SQ style fish tacos with SQ Lingcod for my friends here in Oxnard. Only cut into our stash 30%. So Lorenzo if ya want the best fish tacos around you need to come up here. Coming down soon to restock.

Upvote 0

Lorenzo

Mar 15, 2006
San Quintin
Name
Lorenzo
Boat
Proline 24 / Bayliner 20
Stan, you're getting kinda uppity with your "Ling Cod" tacos - you always told me to feed the assholes SAND BASS cause they never know the difference! Today me and my boys, Chino and Daniel, had canned YT (mixed with celery, onion, hard boiled eggs and lots of mayo) sandwiches. YUM. We are expecting more Santa Ana winds over the next few days so I hope some more BD'ers get in on the fun!

Upvote 0