San Quintin in late July

Feb 11, 2020
La Mesa
Name
Michael Smith
Boat
kayak
I want to fish down there San Quintín in Late July and want a good guide or company that will work hard and catch fish. I can do either a panga or cruisers. Please give me some reputable guides? What is the best place to stay and can I take ATVs down have a good time or should I leave them at home? Lastly, what kind of gear/ tackle should I bring too?
Mike

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
I want to fish down there San Quintín in Late July and want a good guide or company that will work hard and catch fish. I can do either a panga or cruisers. Please give me some reputable guides? What is the best place to stay and can I take ATVs down have a good time or should I leave them at home? Lastly, what kind of gear/ tackle should I bring too?
Mike
I was just there last month ,
and we stayed at Don Eddies ,
its not fancy, but Tony the Owning is great to deal with,
and speaks good English,
we went with K&M on there Parker,
but we only fished one day because of weather, there is
more guys on here with more experience there, have fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
I was just there last month ,
and we stayed at Don Eddies ,
its not fancy, but Tony the Owning is great to deal with,
and speaks good English,
we went with K&M on there Parker,
but we only fished one day because of weather, there is
more guys on here wish more experience there, have fun.
If you need any more information,
Pm me your phone number,
And I will let you know what more I know.

Reactions: Leslie. Christensen
Upvote 0

Spear or rod

• Aug 31, 2008
    San Francisco
    Name
    Tommy T
    Boat
    Anything that floats
    K&M all day everyday! See if Bird is available-too much fun club!! Good luck & make sure to post a report.

M
    mikefromsandiego
    Thank you for you input on guides. I really appreciate it. Any special gear I need? I am taking my son and should I bring some ATVs down too or is San Quintín not a good place for them.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
  • May 31, 2014
    Name
    Leslie. Christensen
    Boat
    Ponga
    Jaime is always a good choice, if you have a day off lots of fun trips on atv's. Pretty busy time so book soon. All the mentioned captains are fine. K& M probably most all inclusive, really won't need anything. Also fun bay stuff can happen right in front of old mill, have fun

Upvote 0

dwaynesda

dwayne
    Apr 27, 2003
    santee
    Visit site
    Name
    dwayne
    Boat
    Cabo 216
    Mike
    Leave the ATV's at home. You will be a target for some BS so they can take them. You have them, the cops want them so you will lose them.

Reactions: jer dog
    Upvote 0

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
  • May 31, 2014
    Name
    Leslie. Christensen
    Boat
    Ponga
    As for tackle, take what makes you comfortable,they will fill in blanks, trolling lures ,leader and terminal stuff. Ask the captain when you book, 1st trip have some time to check out the boats coming in, most operations are within a few blocks of each other and welcome visitors.

Upvote 0

Bajayounggun

Aug 15, 2010
    Long Beach/CA/USA
    Name
    Gary Boyd
    Boat
    The Lucky Hooker
    Staying at the old mill is a must. It just has so much character and history. Fishing wise I always fish with Captain Juan Cook. He goes above and beyond, has some amazing knowledge of the area and is a hell of a fisherman. He has a 23 ft Parker and puts you on the fish. I think bringing the atvs is fine as long as you are careful. The old mill has a lot of motorcycles riding through at times and they have always stored their bikes in the courtyard of the hotel without issue; plus it gives you an opportunity to explore the entirety of the bay which offers so much to see. Make sure to bring an assortment of tackle, you can be fishing for anything from rockfish to tuna that time of year. San Quintin is an amazing place with a hell of a fishery!

Upvote 0

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
  • May 31, 2014
    Name
    Leslie. Christensen
    Boat
    Ponga
    Yep, said he wasn't coming back real soon. Believe it's Mag Bay after Bola. Could be interesting, so stay in touch can be interesting in September October, left him a large Nomad Hooo lure when I saw him in Gonzaga. Might winter in SQ but could just follow the bite.

Reactions: surf launch
    Upvote 0