San Quintin fish report?

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Been there for couple months, just have to get lucky and find em,, there South and North don't think there going by on airplane , too far out maybe? Scattered by sieners maybe,
More people going out , good chance someone will find the right school, right paddy and game on,. Good luck, still trying to go , maybe September , October El Nino type of year

Kid66

Mar 4, 2014
Name
Michael
Boat
None
I posted my report in a different thread. I didn't want to hijack this one. But inshore action was great. Brought in plenty of fish. My 10 year old had a blast bringing up the bottom fish. Loved bass fishing near the shore. Did catch 1 yellow tail trolling near the island. Bring squid...

See below, what I posted

Just wanted to report on my fishing trip to San Quintin the week of July 22nd. The drive down from Los Angeles took a little longer than anticipated. It was smooth until we got to Ensenada. After Ensenda, it took almost 3 hours even thou it's only 120 miles apart. There was a construction site thru the mountain pass that we were parked for 20 minutes. It was 1 lane each way and they were only letting 1 side pass at a time.

The inshore fishing was great. We did limits of fish each day inshore. We fished with Garcia's Pangas. Edy was our captain. He spoke great English. He was very helpful and great with my 10 year old son. One day, we did drive out to the island. We caught one small yellowtail on the troll, a few nice calico bass and a ling cod. Tried for halibut. Had one bite, but it broke off the line. Assumed it was a halibut. Again, we limited on the inshore fishing. Rock fish, white fish, sand bass, sheephead etc... We did bring 3 bags of frozen squid down. That helped out. I would recommend Edy and Garcia's Pangas. After each day of fishing, they filleted the fish and froze it for us. We had to supply plastic freezer bags. After our third day of fishing, we stopped by the oyster farm and bought a huge bag of fresh oysters. They were so good.

We stayed at the Mission Santa Maria. The hotel was nice, had good AC and was on the beach. The hotel had a restaurant that served food all day. We had dinner there all three nights. The food was decent. But it's convenient after a long day of fishing. My only draw back about the hotel was that the WiFi was horrible. Barely worked. Also it is about 20 minutes away from the docks where the boats launch.

All in all it was a great trip. Not much to do but fish. Looks like there are a lot of good surf spots near San Quintin. I guess the yellowtails and dorodos are late this year. Can't wait to go back next year.

Reactions: denis

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
What up SQ, looking for a late trip, somebody's gatta be fishing, SD fleet all over it, ???? Are you keeping it a secret? Jaun you lose your camera? Love ya Les and Kat

Ted snellen

Dec 30, 2011
Seal beach ca us
Name
Ted
Boat
Pinta
Went out with jaime on the 9th looking for tuna.found some kelp patties about 20 miles out holding dorado and yellowtail,but no luck on tuna. Julio mesa was out the day before and managed to get a dozen or so.water is clean and blue, 73 to 75 should be getting better as the days progress.heading to bahia on Monday for a couple of days , hope the fishing is still holding up. Will post report
20180809_121442.jpg
20180809_145346.jpg

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Thanks Ted, took his son too, nice report, way better than keeping it a secret. I think it's just going to get better, call Jaime next month, like that boat he put together, good weather gets outside fast. Tomato guy got several tuna? Catchim trolling bait, lures?
Thanks Les and Kat

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
More reports, Hey Denis, don't think it's going to stop , come down after you fill your tags,
Play snowbird, El Nino

denis

Deadhead lures Owner
Mar 2, 2006
Colorado
Name
denis
Boat
deadhead luees
It’ll be after the first of the year for a few weeks