McQuade Outdoors

McQuade Outdoors
Nov 24, 2005
San Diego
Name
john mcquade
Boat
Paddle Board
Any insights on whats in the estuary, i haven't seen many reports of people that stay inshore. Ive got 3 days and figure it would be fun to explore on the paddle board. Is the entire estuary open?

Reactions: jiggermyster
Upvote 0

GaffnLaff

Rum is Tackle
Dec 3, 2003
Bay Park
Visit site
Name
Dave Cairncross
Boat
Currently looking for a new Ho'ing opportunity
I've read about Halibut and Bonefish on BD

Upvote 0

Dragon

It is what it is...
May 24, 2006
SLO Co.
Name
Paul
Boat
22' Pro Sport CC / 20' Skipjack Open
If it were me, and I don't kayak or paddle board I would focus my efforts around the mouth of the bay. you can drive there...And I would suggest bringing a stout rod. If you hook a BSB you are going to get your ass kicked anyway, so dont worry about it...LOL

I forgot how many miles it is to get out of the bay from the launch ramp maybe 10? I doubt you can fish the whole estuary in a few days. so pick the prime spots and then move to the next spots...

Everyone catches bait just inside the bay... so you know there must be predators too..."True Story" we were catching perfect size mackerel on the sabikis... Stoked! Short time later here comes the Toad Sandies and just Fucked us Up...As soon as the bait hit the sandies would ravage them and tear of all the feathers....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mocruz1200

Probably on a panga somewhere down south
Apr 17, 2013
midway city
Name
Moises
Boat
None
If it were me, and I don't kayak or paddle board I would focus my efforts around the mouth of the bay. you can drive there...And I would suggest bringing a stout rod. If you hook a BSB you are going to get your ass kicked anyway, so dont worry about it...LOL
im hoping to launch my kayak at the mouth of the bay sometime this year. i caught a #30 yellow there last year on a panga

Reactions: zkidd91 and Dragon
Upvote 0

Dragon

It is what it is...
May 24, 2006
SLO Co.
Name
Paul
Boat
22' Pro Sport CC / 20' Skipjack Open
I lost my connection when I started that post...Just finally finished it...I Love that place... :eyepoppin

Upvote 0

McQuade Outdoors

McQuade Outdoors
Nov 24, 2005
San Diego
Name
john mcquade
Boat
Paddle Board
Right on, i do all catch and release, so everything will be going back in the water. Ya max paddle distance that i do is ~ 2 miles each way on the paddle board so a few key spots will be better.

Reactions: moorefish
Upvote 0

yakmandan

May 30, 2007
AZ.
Name
DAN
Boat
19ft Bayrunner Baja
Drive out to the mouth of the bay and launch there. Across from there are some rocks. I paddle across and back swinging in a loop. There's Halibut there and some big ass Black Seabass. I hooked one once from a panga, broke me off.

Reactions: Dragon
Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
116329-1123791050-b16ceb0a19e37600b106b78185b9e193.jpg
116328-1123791050-d0d983cd69013991d0425b205ef6efc3.jpg

Upvote 0

straightrod

Sep 7, 2012
San Quintin
Name
David Roderick
Boat
Doreen
I was riding around the beach last week with a neighbor. We headed to the mouth from the beach side thinking we could cross through the fish camp at the old lighthouse, but it was fenced off. The man living at the fish camp said that there was no longer access allowed. So we drove back to Pabellon and crossed over there onto the dirt access to Hwy one.