BAJA FISCHER

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 27, 2007
Encinitas
Name
Cap'n Dan
Boat
KeyWest 2300 Bluewater "Cap'n Atun II"
Another great trip to SQ. Towed our boat down from SD without issue and stayed at the Old Mill. Fished with our good buddy Captain Juan on Friday to give the WSB a shot inshore. Trolled the crocks and did that whole deal for nada. Apparently the bite had been on and off...off this day. We decided to hit the highspots for other action. My bro got a nice yellow and lots of the usual good SQ fishing for lings, rockfish, whitefish, etc..

Saturday I decided to run outside to the warmer water and it paid off. Several nice big dorado, and LOTS of small football YFT. Most released, several for sashimi! Water temp on the outside was 74 degrees, VS 60 degrees on the beach. Few paddies but lots of life. Dorado were taken on the troll and then also baited with a live mack. All open water hookups.

Day three was a repeat of day one. We were way too beat up for another long run offshore so hit the 6 and the 240 for bottom fish action.

We usually fish here every winter so it was fun to fish SQ in the summer. Can't wait to be back!

20150731_125408_resized.jpg

20150801_163316_resized_1 (2).jpg

20150801_141626_resized.jpg

20150801_163418_resized (2).jpg

Last edited:

ojaidog

Dec 11, 2006
Ventura Ca
Name
Steve B.
Boat
Gregor 18' CC
Nice job! How far offshore before you hooked up with the dodos and tuna? We're there Sunday.

Thanks

BAJA FISCHER

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 27, 2007
Encinitas
Name
Cap'n Dan
Boat
KeyWest 2300 Bluewater "Cap'n Atun II"
Nice job! How far offshore before you hooked up with the dodos and tuna? We're there Sunday.

Thanks
We started getting hookups on skipjack with good clean water about 20 miles out. The tuna were in the same area, but the best action was west of the Tuna Hole, approx. 35 miles from the Bay.

Good Luck!

Hot Mess

Aug 20, 2007
SD Baby!
Name
Puuuuutooooon
Boat
OOGIE BOOGIE
Another great sq trip with the brothers Fischer. Thanks for adopting me and putting us on the big fish captain d. We won't talk about the one that got away.

Worthy

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 20, 2009
El Centro Ca.
Name
Worthy
Boat
Need a deckhand?
Happy you guys made it make safe. Sounds like a great trip. Capt. Matt guess won the jackpot with that DoDo.

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
always great to seeya cptn dan,do stop by again.