Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
after our outstanding july fishing w're fish were on the surfas and easy to spot and catch the byte hade slowly peterdout,by the 28th it was slow fishing or catching,BUT THEN big schools of baite fish moved in and tails & huge barrys were with it,by the 30th it was very good fishing with some of the boats hade neer limits and others a few fish.
on the 30th I fish'd with Edward his brother alex and there dad mr hong,our fist day,we spent outside looking for tunambut found non but one paddy with a huge tail on it and a few small dorado,water temp at 22 miles off the beach was 73 and deep clear blue allmoust black but not much in it.
IMG_4771.JPG

lots of dolfins around but not much with them,yett.
IMG_4766.JPG
IMG_4761.JPG

IMG_4758.JPG

a little help from youre brother.
IMG_4772.JPG

there was a suther wind blowing,it was contrasty and cold,well fought Edward.
IMG_4776.JPG

on the 31st we made good baite BUT it was a mistake by the time we got to the fishing area some of the pangas hade 4-5-6 fish on da' deck,we ended the day with 5 fish and a few huge logs......alex,very nice and well fought.
IMG_4778.JPG

mr hong.
IMG_4779.JPG

alex on da' drop with a crock.
IMG_4780.JPG

alex and Edward,hookup.
IMG_4809.JPG

on the slow troll.
IMG_4819.JPG

it was great to have meet and fish'd with you Edward,good luck at uc davis youre gona like it there,lots of different kinds of fishing in that area,doo come againg.
IMG_4820.JPG

today 8/1,i fish'd with my friends cliff and berny,it was wide open,did NOT make baite just look'd for the birds and the fish,we found them in 100 foot of water over sand....yeaaaa.
the fish were ennywere from two pounds to 20 and the logs were 7-8-9 huge fish we keep a few to give the the amigos for fresh ceviche,hummmyum.if you haven't try'd it youre missing out on some great ceviche.
IMG_4833.JPG

mr cliff vine.
IMG_4855.JPG

xrap 20ts and 30ts,silver and black is the go to color,but blue mack and seven dot also are working well,dont come down without them......if you can.
IMG_4839.JPG

bernardo"berny"el superman,berny can doo it all and smile about it.
IMG_4841.JPG

mr cliff vine,onother superman living it out in da' baja,fishing,loveing,working,loveing all that life hase to offer,thanck you for being my friend cliff.
IMG_4846.JPG

lots of big wood.
IMG_4851.JPG

san martin island,dont know Y but its one of my favorite places on this little earth.
IMG_4852.JPG

to me its looking like its only gona get better,lots of dines and chovies moveing in to the shallows,it wont be long before the seabass show,the offshore fishing is still slow but the water is 73 and ryssing souldnt be long before the tuna and dods make in close ennoff for us to reach them,i'm likeing what i' seeing.
I've opening on the parker after the 20th of august come on down and let me take fishing and catching,cptnjuan.

Oct 29, 2009
BAJA SUR
Name
DA RAT
Boat
NONE
Hola capitan juan,

thank you for the report. as always, great description of your day (s) fishing and fantastic pictures.

you are the only one giving us reports from san quintin and we really appreciate your taking the time to post.

we'll be there august 22 and fish with gordo on 23 & 24. we hope the white seabass are there and maybe we'll go after tuna if they're close enough.

thank you again.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Going shopping, never from you,so i'll pick up some extra lead heads and stuff, stop by Jaimes 13 th my birthday, should be fishing with him or his buddy, probably be in town early, Jardines , good luck , see ya around ramp or come by casa countdown getting shorter. Pictures keep getting better, I'll be there a while so maybe we can figure out a way to fool some fish into becoming pictures

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
We saw about 7 or 8 boats out in front of us here at La Chorera yesterday and 3 or 4 this morning, including a Parker. Was that you Juan?
hola ron,yea that was me,theres lots of fish up and down the beach,hopeing for seabass to arrive soon,give us a holler wen you see us and i'll give you a report.

Some Bluefin were biting in Southern California yesterday. Up to 100 pounds I hear.
youre killing me bob,maybe it is the dudlias I like those plants,there hard to kill.

thanck you all for youre fine comments and don't forget to come down and fish with me,san Quintin bay sportsfishing.

Reactions: BajaGringo

BajaGringo

Say what???
Jan 11, 2008
San Quintin, Baja Mexico
www.facebook.com
Name
Ron
Boat
Dos Amigos
hola ron,yea that was me,theres lots of fish up and down the beach,hopeing for seabass to arrive soon,give us a holler wen you see us and i'll give you a report.
Thanks amigo - will do. Been really busy with our aquaculture operations here on the beach at La Chorera but love to watch you guys work these mornings early via my binoculars...

Reactions: Captain Juan SQ