Texas Tuna

Pinfish pimp
May 18, 2020
Rockport Texas
Name
Oliver Cheng
Boat
cabo 45 sportfish
I was thinking the same, but then looked it up. I guess people actually eat them. I seen some people on pier keeping and drying them for decorations in the past.
Yeah I see hanging them on a wall framed up. Wonder what it tastes like.

Reactions: Socali818

HighWildFree

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 16, 2018
OC
Name
Erik
Boat
Moooo!
Removed my comment because my attempt at humor was found offensive by other members. This is a fishing website and I came here to learn new techniques, read and post reports, buy and sell gear, not to piss people off. Also unfair to highjack the thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: jughead and RodRage

Socali818

><((((º>
Sep 15, 2016
La Habra
Name
Mike L
Boat
Yamaha FX HO
Hopefully they get a harsh punishment to make an example. I have been seeing too many people at the tide pools with buckets gathering anything they can find.

rexor_rn

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
tf do they eat starfish
Well what do we expect.....they even devour Bat Soup! 😤

Most likely they are harvesting it for money instead for personal consumption....sad....these folks should get jail time in order to teach them lesson how to use America’s marine resources in a responsible way.😉

dalurker

old skool rules
Dec 23, 2004
Cyber Sea
Name
#%^&) !!!
Boat
my blood vessel
wait 'till hoopin' season starts... DFG will be too busy and these types o' poachers will get away... as for the bug poachers, if they're illegal how they gonna pop 'um? they can't!

... and ya wonder why all the clams are gone?

shinbob

Oct 31, 2011
Pasadena
Name
Shin
Boat
Triton 240 LTS
OMG, the blatant racism on this site is unbelievable. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

White guy posts fish picture in obvious MLPA - "hey buddy, you better check a map"

Asian person poaches (which is a crime, not denying it, and they should be punished fully) - "freaking Asians again"

Here's a bunch more Asians committing poaching recently:

aznboy619

Not a Newbie
Apr 25, 2006
Alhambra
Name
Victor
Boat
None
Shin

We do not need our country to turn into what is happening in South China Sea. Why the hell do you think they need to go all the way to Galapagos Islands to fish or any other country to poach. They over fish the hell out of there ocean big or small, protected or not. It is not so hard to read the rule book on fishing is it?

Starfish is use in soup which has no benefit ()

There is an Asian saying if any back can face the sun or moon. It is edible.

Texas Tuna

Pinfish pimp
May 18, 2020
Rockport Texas
Name
Oliver Cheng
Boat
cabo 45 sportfish
Shin

We do not need our country to turn into what is happening in South China Sea. Why the hell do you think they need to go all the way to Galapagos Islands to fish or any other country to poach. They over fish the hell out of there ocean big or small, protected or not. It is not so hard to read the rule book on fishing is it?

probably. My mom grew up in fujian during the Mao regime. They ate everything from the sea. Most of the poaching is still connected to the Mao era.

aznboy619

Not a Newbie
Apr 25, 2006
Alhambra
Name
Victor
Boat
None
probably. My mom grew up in fujian during the Mao regime. They ate everything from the sea. Most of the poaching is still connected to the Mao era.
I know my Mom grew up in that era and she tells us story how bad the communist party is. Just to survive they needed to eat what they can get there hands on.

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
Mar 2, 2010
SoCal
Name
Rocket Dog
Boat
passenger again
Shin

maybe it's lost in translation, but what exactly dose it mean... if any back can face the sun or moon. It is edible.

Now who here is currently eating starfish? I don't have a problem with it, every group eats crazy shit. It's all a matter of prospective.

Now pass the chili, cuz I like mine spicy!

aznboy619

Not a Newbie
Apr 25, 2006
Alhambra
Name
Victor
Boat
None
maybe it's lost in translation, but what exactly dose it mean... if any back can face the sun or moon. It is edible.

Now who here is currently eating starfish? I don't have a problem with it, every group eats crazy shit. It's all a matter of prospective.

Now pass the chili, cuz I like mine spicy!
Hard to translate from Chinese to English. Basically means anything with limps that is alive will be eaten. Anything the sun or moon that gives life to will be eaten.

Reactions: Rocket Dog

Done_Deal

Sep 10, 2004
Santa Monica
mysite.verizon.net
Name
Joe
Boat
19' Home Built
The correct statement as I heard it is: If its back faces heaven it is edible.

It basically means anything is edible.