PENN

909MARIO

Jun 30, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Name
Mario
Boat
Homeless
Quick report. Fished Sunday 3/24. Fished with my Daughter, Dad, Brother and a bunch of friends on a chartered trip (Thank you Matt!)
Excellent fishing. Limits of massive rockcod and near limits of Lingcod and some big White fish and Sheepshead also came over the rail. No WSB but someone did catch a nice Barracuda. Deck hand also said a YT was caught on the previous trip

Boat: Very helpful crew and very patient. Great experience and definitely will jump on the Toronado again. I cant say enough about the quality of service. Food was great and the Toronado is comfortable

Bait: cut Squid and live sardine.

Weather: the ride out there on Saturday night called for some wind and so it was a little bit bumpy but in the morning it was Lake Pacific.

What Worked: made several good drifts and just about anything would catch fish. Cut squid worked well. The chuckleheads really wanted the live sardine. Used P line shrimp flies in red and white color. Lingcod ate the White grub on a 16 ounce lead head. Also tried out a SS 20 Viper spoon (east coast thing) and that thing worked really good on a dropper Loop with a live sardine for lingcod. Hooked 3 and only landed two on that setup.

32937.jpeg 32936.jpeg 20190324_185013.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
Sweet!:food-smil

Reactions: 909MARIO
Upvote 0

streetnfish

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 7, 2009
south pasadena
Name
Ray
Boat
Float tube
Hey Mario,

Great to see you guys out on the water. Glad you had a good trip. Ever need to fill a spot let me know Ha ha.
Always good to see you guys.

Upvote 0