San Jose del Cabo charter recommendation 10/13-10/16?

rcsampson

Newbie
Jun 8, 2007
66
0
Phoenix, AZ
Name
Bob Sampson
Boat
18' Pontoon
Hi, can anyone recommend a good charter in San Jose del Cabo? We are looking to go offshore for marlin, tuna, dorado, etc.

Oct 13,14 or 15
7 people
8 hour trip max.

I have read good things about Gordo Banks, but not sure if they can accommodate 7.

We are a low maintenance group. 4 of us are pretty experienced, 3 are newbies. We want to pull on fish, drink beer and have fun. We are staying in San Jose, and would prefer to leave from there, etc.

Thanks!

Bob
 
Upvote 0

ThatOlBoy

I got your well-known member swingin', buddy
Oct 22, 2012
110
74
San Diego/Cabo/Gustavus
Name
ThatOlBoy
Boat
Blackman 23, Robalo 23, C-Dory 21, Glasspar 18
Probably the cheapest way to go would be to split up and book 2 super pangas out of Playita. Never done big boats out of San Jose, but I booked a big yacht (for 7 people, you'll have to go probably at least 35 feet) out of San Lucas once. I just dropped in Gricelda's smokehouse, told her what I needed, and she took care of it. Got a great deal too. I think her operation is called Dream Maker. If you're mobile and willing to trek to San Lucas, that would be the way to go.
 
Upvote 0

bays90

Member
Mar 17, 2010
651
201
Kailua-Kona HI USA
Name
Chris
Boat
46' Viking, Mi Novia, Quepos, Costa Rica
if there is any left There may be some bigger yachts out of Puerto Los Cabos marina that could accommodate 7 people, offshore there is about 3 miles so 2 pangas would be a great idea have a mini tournament. Call the marina office or shoot them an email and ask. Also like I said who knows what it will be like after the storm
 
Upvote 0

bluewaterbum

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 16, 2012
1,102
310
Riverside, Ca
Name
Kim
Boat
none
One month till some of will down fishing grodo banks. That is if the condos are still there. Waiting to find out the damage in SJDC. I think I'll drop the charter compNy a line to see how be held up during the storm.
 
Upvote 0

bluewaterbum

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 16, 2012
1,102
310
Riverside, Ca
Name
Kim
Boat
none
Our condo is not taking anyone till the 3rd week of Oct. other condo not till Fed of 2015. Canceled and asked for refund on airfare and AA had no problems with the request. No fees either from AA on a non refundable ticket.

On to the fishing part, no answer from Erick about how he and his wife are duing.
 
Upvote 0

rcsampson

Newbie
Jun 8, 2007
66
0
Phoenix, AZ
Name
Bob Sampson
Boat
18' Pontoon
Thanks for the replies. It's looking grim. We are waiting for our resort, Cabo Azul to post something official. Right now they are just saying they are assessing damage and will update, etc. I'm not optimistic...
 
Upvote 0

bluewaterbum

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 16, 2012
1,102
310
Riverside, Ca
Name
Kim
Boat
none
Cabo Azul isn't going to be open again till Oct 13th from what i was told when I went to live chat on the Diamond website... I canceled my air last night, don't need to be down there for a while...
 
Upvote 0

Caballito

Richard
Apr 30, 2005
136
24
Pinetop, AZ elevation 7,250'
earthlink.net
Name
Richard
Boat
Sold
I heard today that the marina infrastructure is damaged beyond repair and all the (US) boat captans are leaving with their boats, back to San Diego.
 
Upvote 0